Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Patch of Darkness

Soulreaver

Was playing aorund with various builds and fighting another Sin I was standing too close as he used his Q.  So I got blinded... That made me think.

What if the assassin had a discipline called Patch of Darkness, creating a field of “blind” - scalable with how many pips are invested.

OP or possibly viable?

Edited by Soulreaver

Huginn ok Muninn, fljúga hverjan dag, Jörmungrund yfir; óumk ek of Hugin,, at hann aftr né komi-t, þó sjámk meir of Munin

Gathering of Ranger videos

If it blinds the Assassin using it and all friendly targets as well I can see it being interesting. 8 }

The only 'field' type CC abilities are Movement based (Roots from Arcane Archer, Cleric and Druid and Slow from Archer Stake)
Scarecrow Aura of Terror comes kind of close but it builds up to one singular CC Suppress.

IMO it would be OP if this was realized. If it was I think it should be like Aura of Terror.
I also think it should not be a Basekit power.
Maybe a Discipine such as Black Mask could get it or something else more open to other combos.

ScornofLife2.jpg

4 hours ago, Soulreaver said:

What if the assassin had a discipline called Patch of Darkness, creating a field of “blind” - scalable with how many pips are invested.

like a smoke bomb that stays in a aoe field ?
the mechanics are there.
because blind is a debuff, debuffs can put on aoe spells.
now the thing is can the blind be the whole time aslong the player stands in the smoke / blind dunno if the tech is there.
but should be the Campfire mechanic that gives a debuff with the duration of 2 sec

think that could be interesting for rangers and duellist aswell

Edited by DravoiX