Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Bosshogge

War Option?

I would like an option to queue up for a war against someone else EK. You mark a day of the week you can do the war it ques you up to get read for it. When you get matched with someone else who has the same day selected as you, the next day that it happens in the following week will be the day you got to war. Connect the two EK temporarily and last man standing wins or whenever the flag goes down or something like that. Something a little fun with a max time limit of like 5 hours or something along those lines, i'm just spit-balling here. If you win you get their stuff or part of their stuff or whatever from all the chests and what they had on them. So it is kind of a risk reward sort of thing. You take the risk in fighting someone else and building up for it for the possibility of doubling your resources. 

You could even go like soft set rules where its just for fun and no one loses anything or gains anything just honor and the cloths on their back.

Just a little something to get guild rivalry going, have some people make a name for themselves, and add some depth to EKs.

oh man a GvG system like that would be killer especially with the EKs. Hell with the new system couldn't they connect 2 EK's to a neutral objective(s)?  And just have guilds go at it 1v1 for ranking. Definitely tons of possibilities I personally haven't thought of yet. 

Just hard to see that coming soon with so much to work on already though.

Nope...  that is not open world PvP, not going to happen.   Rivalries and politics drive this game, not the politics of only two guilds but the interaction of political ties, alliances, rivalries, and years of disputes...    wars will be fought but 3rd parties are a big factor like they were in Shadowbane.   We fight in the campaign for the real prize...   we can "practice" in the EKs and that is all.

6FUI4Mk.jpg

Sugoi - Senpai

You will probaly findnthis kinda stuff happening in the Campaign anyway, with how the rungate system works there probaly be one major castle area in each zone with a few forts around for faction to fight over but there be runegates to other tiles aswell that could be owned by other factions/guild that wars will be fought trying to push the tiles and so on. Kinda like albion tile system to a degree but larger scale.

Edited by veeshan

Veeshan Midst of UXA

13 minutes ago, veeshan said:

You will probaly findnthis kinda stuff happening in the EK anyway, with how the rungate system works there probaly be one major castle area in each zone with a few forts around for faction to fight over but there be runegates to other tiles aswell that could be owned by other factions/guild that wars will be fought trying to push the tiles and so on. Kinda like albion tile system to a degree but larger scale.

That won't be in the EK, that will be the Campaign Worlds.   I don't want to burst bubbles or dampen enthusiasm but in a sandbox you don't get to face off safely vs another guild...   My guild is here to win and we will be able to disrupt, dishonor, and discomboblulate your cutesy little preplanned wars.   Do not worry about rivalries, they already exist from lines drawn over the years.   Sandbox war is just much messier and oh so much more fun than what you suggest.

What you will find is EK arenas that you can test builds and group comps in...  and invite rivals for matches etc in a player build arena.  A good pastime in between campaigns but if you are not in a campaign and you are not exporting the spoils of that campaign you are not progressing.   The eternal kingdom assets will probably not ever be destructible nor will EKs be the lure for PvP beyond some community organized arena fighting.

Edited by Frykka

6FUI4Mk.jpg

Sugoi - Senpai

35 minutes ago, Frykka said:

That won't be in the EK, that will be the Campaign Worlds.   I don't want to burst bubbles or dampen enthusiasm but in a sandbox you don't get to face off safely vs another guild...   My guild is here to win and we will be able to disrupt, dishonor, and discomboblulate your cutesy little preplanned wars.   Do not worry about rivalries, they already exist from lines drawn over the years.   Sandbox war is just much messier and oh so much more fun than what you suggest.

What you will find is EK arenas that you can test builds and group comps in...  and invite rivals for matches etc in a player build arena.  A good pastime in between campaigns but if you are not in a campaign and you are not exporting the spoils of that campaign you are not progressing.   The eternal kingdom assets will probably not ever be destructible nor will EKs be the lure for PvP beyond some community organized arena fighting.

Sry i missed type Campaign as EK in my original statment :P

Veeshan Midst of UXA

34 minutes ago, Bosshogge said:

I just think a little GvG solo action or even like teams of guilds going at it would be a fun idea. custard IT JUST MAKE A BATTLE ROYAL MODE! ;)

You can do that right now...   you just have to organize it, get people to sign up and make it safe so they can import gear and get set up with discs before PvP is turned on...   we have done it several times...   re: Tinnis all ranger free for all had like 24 rangers last man standing.   The game Devs don't do it for you in a sandbox, we the players set everything up...  we did arenas in Shadowbane too and sometimes it didn't degenerate into chaos, sometimes it did because PvP games have a certain amount of (fill in the blank) players that want to cause problems with events...   

6FUI4Mk.jpg

Sugoi - Senpai

Like I'm all for making my own fun in a sandbox game but when it comes to competitive I want as little human elements involved other than skill. Something streamed lined, small and smooth would work fine. Would not have to be flashy. That is just my idea around this topic.

The devs already mentioned that it would technically be possible to use EK's as zones for campaign worlds. Wether this will ever be done or not (and under which circumstances/rulesets) may be another question. I could very well imagine it happening in a few years though, after people got huge kingdoms and got a little bit bored and want to really destroy other peoples stuff now. ;)

2W1ZHpA.jpg

I hope they keep any sort of queuing up for instanced PvP out of this game.  You cannot have flourishing open-world PvP AND give people the lazy/easy option of standing still in safety and repetitively queuing for self-contained matches.  Too many attempts at offering both options have shown that human laziness (or, more precisely, desire for more instant gratification) always trumps, and the open-world PvP dwindles while everyone stands around queuing.

Edited by mourne

"Food for the crows..."    Nobuo Xa'el

cdinUTh.png