Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Lifespan of season?

Redreaper90

So i'm still quite new to crowfall and have been thinking about the game recently. I'm trying to get a friend in as well and i have not found the answer so here it is. Do you retain stats or retain anything season to season? The most that i know is the the EK's are there season to season and don't reset. I'm sure this has been stated before and maybe i'm missing the point of crowfall itself so if that could be clarified as to the point of crowfall itself and what all i retain as a player season to season, id greatly appreciate any information that is given and hopefully an answer to my question.

Each Campaign is made up of seasons (spring, summer, fall, winter). The length of Campaigns will vary depending on the Campaign, but will probably be some number of months. Your skills are account-based and are independent of the Campaigns (so your skills don't reset when a Campaign ends). What you do get to keep from Campaigns also varies, as each will have its own rulesets. Generally, the idea is that the winners of the Campaign will be able to keep more of their loot than the losers.

We have a series of Tutorial Videos that are (mostly) up-to-date and should give you a good overview of the main aspects of Crowfall.

Jack Kirby
Associate Writer/Customer Service Manager

56 minutes ago, Redreaper90 said:

So i'm still quite new to crowfall and have been thinking about the game recently. I'm trying to get a friend in as well and i have not found the answer so here it is. Do you retain stats or retain anything season to season? The most that i know is the the EK's are there season to season and don't reset. I'm sure this has been stated before and maybe i'm missing the point of crowfall itself so if that could be clarified as to the point of crowfall itself and what all i retain as a player season to season, id greatly appreciate any information that is given and hopefully an answer to my question.

The "point" of crowfall is much different than a classic MMO.  The point is to win campaigns, and collect the rewards for doing so.

Along the way you will get some goodies you get to keep/use.

What resets on campaigns.

• Anything left in the world when it dies.  So the contents and equipment worn by the vessels left behind (currently all of them), and any active levels they have earned. 

What you keep.

• All passive skills. So the race, class, and profession training under the skills tabs.
  • Anything you exported to your Spirit bank. This will have different limits based on each campaign.  Currently it's a very generous 100 transfers in each direction for each world, so things can be tested and sorted out.
  • Anything in any players eternal kingdom that you own.  So gear exported, items crafted, shops set up, parcels, buildings, etc, etc etc.

The "what you keep" has a caveat though.  We are in testing, and the devs can and do wipe everything out from time to time, based on need because of underlying system changes.

EK's are currently always in "spring", and I suspect that won't change in the future.  The whole point of EK's is that your the absolute ruler of your own land, able to build it with the resources gathered in campaigns. 

Some details, especially the archetype and voxel destruction part has changed from this video, but the "point" has not.

Edited by KrakkenSmacken