Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Buckly

Run Speed(s)

Recommended Posts

I'm sure this topic has been broached before, but I thought I would toss my two cents in.

The current system where all races have, or in some cases don't have, out of combat run speed buffs feels unnatural and arbitrary.

With the upcoming addition of mounts to the game it will only get more messy.

 

All out of combat (survival tree) run buffs should be of equal speed across all races.

Then when mounts are entered into the game, give Centaurs a buff that they can cast (similar to summoning your mount) that lets them run at mounted speed.

This also opens up for "movement speed" to be an additive possible on boots/horseshoes something like 1-5% for white/green/blue/purple/orange. (windies anyone?)

And if you really feel centaurs should always be faster... give them 2x the movement speed roll on horseshoes...because after all they will be wearing 4 horseshoes as opposed to 2 boots.


Crazy ex-girlfriends are like a box of chocolates...

 

They'll kill your dog.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, Buckly said:

I'm sure this topic has been broached before, but I thought I would toss my two cents in.

The current system where all races have, or in some cases don't have, out of combat run speed buffs feels unnatural and arbitrary.

With the upcoming addition of mounts to the game it will only get more messy.

 

All out of combat (survival tree) run buffs should be of equal speed across all races.

Then when mounts are entered into the game, give Centaurs a buff that they can cast (similar to summoning your mount) that lets them run at mounted speed.

This also opens up for "movement speed" to be an additive possible on boots/horseshoes something like 1-5% for white/green/blue/purple/orange. (windies anyone?)

And if you really feel centaurs should always be faster... give them 2x the movement speed roll on horseshoes...because after all they will be wearing 4 horseshoes as opposed to 2 boots.

Yes, it has.

Wouldnt worry about this topic, though. It's a problem for later adjustments anyways.

However, throughout the years ACE spoke about this topic once in a while, even back in 2015. So it obviously is (and has always been) on their radar.

It's just not the time for this kind of finetuning yet. Remember, this (state of pre-alpha) is basic functionality testing. What we DO have is the possibility to apply certain speed buffs to this or that player under this or that circumstances (frankly, you need to SEE this achievment, it's important to get it). That's the basic fuctionality. This has been done. It basically works now. Fine. Next basic functionality please, so we can go on and get into alpha soon...

Mounts are yet to come. It doesnt really make sense to define which race should be how fast as long the basics of the mounts and the caravan system havent been tested. Or in other words: In my experience ACE (~cough~todd~cough)~ tends to work pretty efficiently. Like: "Ok, don't ask me about speed now - put the basic functionality of all speed related things into the game, and then we can conclude which speed makes sense under which circumstances. Won't do it twice, i tell ya. Get it done - then we talk about it. Then we take a guess (and i make a temporary decision). Then we make an announcement. Then we let players test it, get their feedback, talk about it again, adjust it and test it again."

So, really, i wouldnt worry too much about it (yet). Once mounts an caravans are in, this will definitely become a huge topic. Then we will really be able to give feedback about different speeds and then ACE will be most sensible about speed feedback. So if you would like to use your energy most efficiently ... that probably would be the time. At least regarding speed. :)

Anyways, thanks for the feedback. It's always great to see people think (and give feedback) about the finer details. Go on with it. :)

Greetings

Kraahk


2W1ZHpA.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Different run speeds out of combat is ok in my book.  It makes sense that some are faster than others.

I'd much rather see an investment into "Attacking while sprinting (shift)" and "Sprinting while in harvest tray", this would open up for choices - Do u really want to blow your stamina on sprinting or save it for retaliate.


Huginn ok Muninn, fljúga hverjan dag, Jörmungrund yfir; óumk ek of Hugin,, at hann aftr né komi-t, þó sjámk meir of Munin

Gathering of Ranger videos

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I disagree this topic completely. Please don't "Darkfall: Unholy Wars" this game and make all races the same darn thing. People pick one race over another for it's strengths (and sometimes looks).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Jah said:

I would disagree that is "unnatural and arbitrary" for a Centaur to be faster than a Human.

You're right the only one that makes sense to be faster is Centaur(and possibly Elken)... That's why I added the additional movement speed rolls. But it would probably be better to just give it a flat 10% in both trays.

 

But in combat centaur currently is just as slow/fast as all the other races(at least I think it is), so that's why I figured putting the 10% modifier on both combat and out-of-combat movement speeds..


Crazy ex-girlfriends are like a box of chocolates...

 

They'll kill your dog.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Unfolded said:

I disagree this topic completely. Please don't "Darkfall: Unholy Wars" this game and make all races the same darn thing. People pick one race over another for it's strengths (and sometimes looks).

I do agree that people pick races based on strengths/weaknesses, but it does feel a bit arbitrary to me me to say that half-elf is faster than high-elf or human... 

Why would something that is half human and half elf be faster than either race?

 

Standardizing run speeds out of combat is not going to just make all races the same, there are tons of other differences.


Crazy ex-girlfriends are like a box of chocolates...

 

They'll kill your dog.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Buckly said:

I do agree that people pick races based on strengths/weaknesses, but it does feel a bit arbitrary to me me to say that half-elf is faster than high-elf or human... 

Why would something that is half human and half elf be faster than either race?

 

Standardizing run speeds out of combat is not going to just make all races the same, there are tons of other differences.

I am pretty sure Half Elves are meant to be Half 'Wood' Elf. They do look much more like Wood Elf than High Elf to me.  
Wood Elf have Trailmaster, Half-Elves have Trailblazer, Humans have nothing.
From the Lore of CF it can be read that High Elves maintain a very large gap between themselves and Humanity.
The chances of an Elf or a Human bridging that gap is extremely slim in my mind.


There are serious issues with racial balance right now, but out of combat movement speed is not something I even consider.
Especially since they added Pathfinding.
There are already several movement speed buffs in the game that overcome Racials such as Bard/Friar or Beneficial Harvest buffs.
I suspect more will get added in time
And of course I expect Mounts will take care of this issue entirely.
 


ScornofLife2.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Scorn said:

I am pretty sure Half Elves are meant to be Half 'Wood' Elf. They do look much more like Wood Elf than High Elf to me.  
Wood Elf have Trailmaster, Half-Elves have Trailblazer, Humans have nothing.
From the Lore of CF it can be read that High Elves maintain a very large gap between themselves and Humanity.
The chances of an Elf or a Human bridging that gap is extremely slim in my mind.

 

I didn't even think about wood elf, makes sense now.


Crazy ex-girlfriends are like a box of chocolates...

 

They'll kill your dog.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...