Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

02/17/15 - Voxel Farm & Elken Stalkers!

Okay, I know people have been using the meme a lot, but at this point I feel the need to say "TAKE MY MONEY".  The way this will impact PvP play will make it way more exciting.  The way this will impact kingdom building?  Truly breathtaking.  The dreams I had about creating our thriving guild city just went through the roof because of this toolset!

All I can say is, my body is ready.

Time to create and destroy!

• Replies 254
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Hey gang,   Exciting times!      This morning's update is a bit different; instead of concentrating exclusively on game content, today we're going to look at some of the core technology that we'

Our goal with voxels is much more of the destructive nature, blowing up walls, digging, creating really big holes, resource gathering.    Yes there will be some placing of structures but not to the

Don't take everything you see in the videos as "How Crowfall will look or feel" Just see the potentially incredible elements that we will be introducing that Voxel Farm allows.   We will be using ph

The only thing that worries me about this update can be seen here.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=on-0Ou48tak#t=65 (The video should take you to 1:05 - 1:16, if not, that is the part of the video I am referring to).

The dude just runs into the large stone objects and the stone gets pushed back. Granted, it was already knocked off of the main structure, but I still found it odd. I know Crowfall mentioned they are using physics in this game. I am curious if that was meant for combat only? 

Don't take everything you see in the videos as "How Crowfall will look or feel" Just see the potentially incredible elements that we will be introducing that Voxel Farm allows.

We will be using physics. Moving a rock that size would take... considerable force and not really possible by a single character. 

Tully Ackland

ArtCraft Entertainment, Inc. 

Follow us on Twitter @CrowfallGame | Like us on Facebook

[Rules of Conduct]

(The video should take you to 1:05 - 1:16, if not, that is the part of the video I am referring to).

The dude just runs into the large stone objects and the stone gets pushed back. Granted, it was already knocked off of the main structure, but I still found it odd. I know Crowfall mentioned they are using physics in this game. I am curious if that was meant for combat only? 

Don't take everything you see in the videos as "How Crowfall will look or feel" Just see the potentially incredible elements that we will be introducing that Voxel Farm allows.

We will be using physics. Moving a rock that size would take... considerable force and not really possible by a single character. 

Perfect. I wasn't sure if you guys had direct control over the "weight" of objects or if you just had to use the tech from Voxel Farm and the physics they have in place (I know nothing about tech, I just play the games).

Edited by gravagio

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=on-0Ou48tak#t=65 (The video should take you to 1:05 - 1:16, if not, that is the part of the video I am referring to).

I think that was just to show how it can move, nothing to be worried about.

Edit: and he already addressed this LOL

In regards to people just destroying the world or making hooligan shaped holes in the ground, if it's anything like the way EQ is doing it, the holes do fill in after time.  It's not like you dig a tunnel and its there forever.  After you leave said tunnel and no one is in it for some time it fills back in and you would have to dig it again.  That is assuming they go with the way EQ Landmark worked anyways.

Edited by Tanom

Tanom of the WhiteWalkers

iWQCpyx.gif

Soo...we arent going to see Hulk in your game?

Voxels, f' yeah. Can we have potential destructible environments now?

That's the plan! 

I am really scared that all worlds will just be destroyed to hell and back to the point where it's completely unplayable.

Don't worry, we have thought long and hard about ways to make sure that the madness works. Things won't be messed up within 5 minutes for the remainder of the campaign. 

Tully Ackland

ArtCraft Entertainment, Inc. 

Follow us on Twitter @CrowfallGame | Like us on Facebook

[Rules of Conduct]

Awesome. Any chance we will have to use carts/wagons to move raw materials to building sites?

[TB] The Balance
Nation of Equilibrium

Well this update legitimately surprised me. Literally crushing cities? Yes please. Making your city unique, take my damn money!

And just think, legitimate ruines in a campaign.

[TB] The Balance
Nation of Equilibrium