Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Ranger bows 3

Marcus999Seth

We got this 1 category of bow, which has only need of master of bows discipline, it's ok

Have seen  next 2 ranks of bows on EK market which differ on range, a bit of dmg. Maybe they where just uncommon ones.

Reminding someone posted that for using next bows we need 1 major discipline, and no  other class nedds it which is a bit waste of one of 2 major disciplines for a first view- having master of  bow and 1 slot of major discipline for using nex bow? Would be nicer to have 2 next weapon disciplines for those bows.

Why bother? for a basic harvesting reasons i  should stay  on 1 rank bow, to use villein and logger or skinner.

For a fights I would you those 2nd and 3rd rank. Can be done, but for some price. The reason for a questioning it is should I stay on this  rank 1 bow on skinning forever? and being caught skinning by enemy will this bow be enought to counterattack?

I haven yet tested those 2nd  and 3rd bow, so I will see its pros.

The bows right now are all identical doesnt matter the type, i have no clue why they seperated them atm with different disciplines and all that, but as they stand now there the same and to me a waste of time adding. Beleive they take the exact same mats to crafts aswell.
Maybe they have eventual plans to make to make there different from each other stats wise (Like one long ranger sniper, short range dmg and one in the middle) but as of right now there the same thing with different name with different disc associated to them. Kinda annoying more than anything.

Veeshan Midst of UXA

59 minutes ago, Soulreaver said:

Bows aren’t the same.  

Damage on them is the same for some, not all.

Which quivers they unlock is different as well

Quiver unlock is dependent on the discapline not realy the bow.

Veeshan Midst of UXA

I have made the bows...  
They come with several "unlocks"
Compound Recurve - free to rangers so that they can use both discs in any way, damage is piercing only=3rd shot bleed.
Compound Reflex - requires the Mastery of Bows, damage is physical only, crushing=3rd shot stun, Slashing=3rd shot bleed (not as good as piercing dot).
High Tension - requires Sharpshooter, damage is physical only, used to proc on first shot and have higher damage, not anymore (its useless).
Spellbound Longbow - requires Arcane Archer, damage can be ice=3rd shot slow and dot, fire=3rd shot severe burn.

Ice bow by far does the most dps because there are less mitigations to ice until FW comes out...
My best Bow-quiver in 5.7 = 74+78 = 152 top end with 220 AP, 9.9 Crit Damage, 9.5 Ice Pen.   LMB 600 ave/1000+ crit

High Tension is the least used, Spellbound the most...  non rangers use AA or Reflex, only noob rangers use Recurve in early game...  
The Arcane Archer disc thrall will be highly prized

Edited by Frykka

6FUI4Mk.jpg

Sugoi - Senpai

3 hours ago, Frykka said:

I have made the bows...  
They come with several "unlocks"
Compound Recurve - free to rangers so that they can use both discs in any way, damage is piercing only=3rd shot bleed.
Compound Reflex - requires the Mastery of Bows, damage is physical only, crushing=3rd shot stun, Slashing=3rd shot bleed (not as good as piercing dot).
High Tension - requires Sharpshooter, damage is physical only, used to proc on first shot and have higher damage, not anymore (its useless).
Spellbound Longbow - requires Arcane Archer, damage can be ice=3rd shot slow and dot, fire=3rd shot severe burn.

Ice bow by far does the most dps because there are less mitigations to ice until FW comes out...
My best Bow-quiver in 5.7 = 74+78 = 152 top end with 220 AP, 9.9 Crit Damage, 9.5 Ice Pen.   LMB 600 ave/1000+ crit

High Tension is the least used, Spellbound the most...  non rangers use AA or Reflex, only noob rangers use Recurve in early game...  
The Arcane Archer disc thrall will be highly prized

Slashing doesnt bleed anymore it execute (Does like double dmg on 3rd shot if target before 35%) not worth it though over a piecing since the dmg is from the dot is more reliable

Veeshan Midst of UXA

3 hours ago, veeshan said:

Slashing doesnt bleed anymore it execute (Does like double dmg on 3rd shot if target before 35%) not worth it though over a piecing since the dmg is from the dot is more reliable

You are right...  back when they actually fixed bugs in the LIVE version, they fixed the Sharpshooter bow into something meh-tastic.
By the time you are crafting good bows, the current meta only calls for ICE arcane or Piercing reflex bow, the meta will change and so will bow procs...   I obviously have liked ice proc bows for 15 years... I'd run with that Massive Windbow of Frykka again, or my AA bow, a Childkillers Viper Bow that RNGeezus graciously let me upgrade to Heroic and regraded to top tier...   

Edited by Frykka

6FUI4Mk.jpg

Sugoi - Senpai