Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Gravedigger's Delight - Official Discussion Thread

When you’re bested on the field of battle -- or ambushed by highwaymen while trying to transport a load of goods -- you will fall to the ground, unconscious. In this state, you can’t use any skills or move, but you’re not quite dead. Yet. You can wait and hope an ally with the resurrection skill can get you back up, but beware that your enemies can behead you and immediately release your Crow.

Minor quibble, but your allies don't resurrect you when you are unconscious. They revive you.

hJrtZNU.png

Only after death do Crows resurrect.

evH6wU8.png

IhhQKY6.gif

Definitely my favorite topic in regards to the interweaving of mechanics and lore.

Any thoughts on giving stock vessels a way to overgrind for attribute points that higher quality vessels get inherently per level as an alternative investment to purchasing and replacing their vessel for players who wish to play a personal story that might fit within the contexts of a "first life" or a "stubborn soul"?

4 hours ago, Jah said:

Minor quibble, but your allies don't resurrect you when you are unconscious. They revive you.

hJrtZNU.png

Only after death do Crows resurrect.

evH6wU8.png

Recommendation for resolving this minor quibble. Call it resuscitation?

12 minutes ago, Lightsig said:

Definitely my favorite topic in regards to the interweaving of mechanics and lore.

Any thoughts on giving stock vessels a way to overgrind for attribute points that higher quality vessels get inherently per level as an alternative investment to purchasing and replacing their vessel for players who wish to play a personal story that might fit within the contexts of a "first life" or a "stubborn soul"?

That idea could be turned into an interesting mechanic.  

When you win a campaign world, you can pull one leveled up vessel out, and at the same time it's level set back to zero, BUT it keeps the stats pushed into leveling in that world. That or it gets a higher cap than the default 30.

Would have to consider the balance impact, but that might be an interesting reward for winning a world.

2 hours ago, KrakkenSmacken said:

That idea could be turned into an interesting mechanic.  

When you win a campaign world, you can pull one leveled up vessel out, and at the same time it's level set back to zero, BUT it keeps the stats pushed into leveling in that world. That or it gets a higher cap than the default 30.

Would have to consider the balance impact, but that might be an interesting reward for winning a world.

I am unsure of how vessels are considered in the database so might not be viable, but perhaps vessels removed this way would penalize import/exports. Overall I love this idea since many folks get really attached to an avatar in online games. I know this game is different, in that respect just thinking of new players. I will tell you this,  I would pay cash to be able to customize my raven with purple flames or something to that effect.

Edited by mystafyi