Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Necromancy

BasicBrute

So after I found out vessels go away after a campaign end, I'm having a hard time justifying spending hours and hours farming parts needed for a vessel to be created including going around with another player mining for countless hours for gems. Then after all that time,  you finally creat a vessel to be deleted at end of campaign. 

I personally have  1 big problem and its a gamebreaker for me . The fact vessel don't stick around. Part of the enjoyment if a game for me is to watch my character grow and get stronger. 

1. Crafted vessels should continue on after a campaign into the next one.

2. Motherloads need to go away period.

Edited by BasicBrute

1 hour ago, BasicBrute said:

[...] I personally have  1 big problem and its a gamebreaker for me . [...]

1. Crafted vessels should continue on after a campaign into the next one.

2. Motherloads need to go away period.

It's not a gamebreaker, it's a testbreaker. Vessel transfer is simply just not online yet - that's all. It will come, though. However, vessels will be items, so they will take damage and loose durability until they finally break ... like everything else. The repair system (also not online yet) may also apply.

Motherlodes will stay. Period. ;)

Edited by Kraahk

I would expect vessels to be equally a part of import and export options, so it will be transferable in that context. Once you have inhabitated a vessel, it might make sense to treat that differently than body parts or unclaimed vessels since starting a new campaign at max level doesn't exactly line up with the philosophy of dying worlds meant to act as a big reset button for the campaign game mode. Yet again, runegates between campaigns may impact this as well. Ultimately though I am not aware that a clear stance has been made on this but would expect clarification as that system gets fleshed out more.

44 minutes ago, Kraahk said:

It's not a gamebreaker, it's a testbreaker. Vessel transfer is simply just not online yet - that's all. It will come, though. However, vessels will be items, so they will take damage and loose durability until they finally break ... like everything else. The repair system (also not online yet) may also apply.

Kraahk may not be 100% correct on the vessels breaking issue.  

Yes it was the original plan for everything to break.  Vessels are currently under debate with ACE internally, probably because people do get attached to them as characters. I was really hoping for clarification from either of the last two necromancy posts, but alas, the debate must still be going on.

Motherloads (not Kraahks lousy spelling Motherlodes :ph34r:)  will stay, period. 

20 minutes ago, Lightsig said:

I would expect vessels to be equally a part of import and export options, so it will be transferable in that context. Once you have inhabitated a vessel, it might make sense to treat that differently than body parts or unclaimed vessels since starting a new campaign at max level doesn't exactly line up with the philosophy of dying worlds meant to act as a big reset button for the campaign game mode. Yet again, runegates between campaigns may impact this as well. Ultimately though I am not aware that a clear stance has been made on this but would expect clarification as that system gets fleshed out more.

ACE is going to put filters of all sorts on the gates, so I am sure there will be vessel level barriers for entering a campaign as well.

It would be horrible if all you could get out of a world was green mats, but ancient players walts in with legendary gear beating all the new players trying to make some progress.

Vessel levels only thing you get is stats... I see no fun every new campaign.. wasting 1hr or 2 sacifacing arrows to get level 10 each time. 

Then all the farming it takes to make the vessel.. will spend all that time(campaign time) making vessel then rinse and repeat... 

Not including if u trying to make guildies their upgraded vessel.. then each campaign it gets destroyed. Have to do ut over and ovet.. blah boring boring. 

Everyone can already export  all of their good armor and weps at end of campaign and gold.

I hear all the time in game that vessel levels matter none. So why not let us export or make new system all together

.I should be able to use that vessel for this campaign.because that vessel is a mighty warrior and my guild is short those right now in that campaign .. Then this other vessel I have for this other  campaign because that vessel is a crafter type and that's what my guild needs in that campaign 

Now once there's tons of people in game.. people losing their stuff and gaining other people's stuff.. I see no reason to export items out of campaign  there always be plenty of stuff to loot.

Also wanted to add .made a level 1 confessor , made basic wep. Went out and killed with ease rank 7 and 10 mobs.  

So really only reason to level is more stats. 

Getting level 30 would take whole campaign.  Now woot get to start over leveling.. eh

1 hour ago, Kraahk said:

Really? Why so certain about motherlodes? I see nothing but complaints about them and how they slow everything down when it comes to progress. 

Why would I want to waste so much effort in making a vessel for it to be deleted in  few weeks anyways. 

12 minutes ago, BasicBrute said:

Really? Why so certain about motherlodes? I see nothing but complaints about them and how they slow everything down when it comes to progress. 

Why would I want to waste so much effort in making a vessel for it to be deleted in  few weeks anyways. 

Campaigns are shorter during testing from my understanding

Your probaly looking at more 3-6 months campaign time when game comes out.

Mother nodes imo need to drop more resources tbh though since u can harvest so much more with 2 people hitting normal nodes instead.
Minerald and Gems should have a low drop off normal nodes imo aswell to help promote people selling them on venders. atm only people who harvest mothernodes are the ones looking for gems and minerals so non enter the market

Edited by veeshan

Veeshan Midst of UXA

1 hour ago, KrakkenSmacken said:

ACE is going to put filters of all sorts on the gates, so I am sure there will be vessel level barriers for entering a campaign as well.

It would be horrible if all you could get out of a world was green mats, but ancient players walts in with legendary gear beating all the new players trying to make some progress.

What legendary gear are you referring to? Right now everyone puts their 7 armor/weps in spirit bank 

New campaign starts

Equip full armor/wep

Sacrifices arrows for an hr or 2 

2hrs after campaign starts in full gear and level 10

Goes around slaughtering everyone especially if he gots few friends that did samething.

Or takes gold to someone's ek.

Buys new set of armor wep pots 

Already premade his sac arrows 

Everything in spirit bank

New campaign starts

Makes new vessel

Enters world

15mins equipping his/her equipment and sac arrows

Sacs all his other green blue epic.. hunger shards

20mins after campain launches is level 20 with full gear

Slaughters anything

Hell, even had a rare or legendary vessel ready to use in spirit bank

Now has 30 days of fun .. 

Since the headstart he got was beefy in that campaign,  after current campaign

Puts stacks and stacks of crap in spirit bank knowing the limit if exports leaves room for his armor and wep and gold 

Rinse and repeat , guess that's fun

11 minutes ago, veeshan said:

Campaigns are shorter during testing from my understanding

Your probaly looking at more 3-6 months campaign time when game comes out.

Mother nodes imo need to drop more resources tbh though since u can harvest so much more with 2 people hitting normal nodes instead.
Minerald and Gems should have a low drop off normal nodes imo aswell to help promote people selling them on venders. atm only people who harvest mothernodes are the ones looking for gems and minerals so non enter the market

You hit a lot of great points. 

No gems or minerals hit market right now. 

I saw some few times but at stupid inflated prices.

••Each campaign should have an faction bazaar/auction type thing in each beachhead. 

With currently 50 exports/imports max how can people craft and set up cities with vendors in their town for people to visit .. impossible to keep things stocked up .. with campaigns only places to get higher than rank 1 nodes.

••near end of last campaign vendors was either fully stocked because no one could import anymore or vendors was empty because the crafters ran out of exports in their spirit bank.. 

Talked to a crafter that sold her goods at fair prices and asked why she wasn't able to restock her vendors. She told me, out of export to spirit bank. 

••• materials used for crafting shouldn't count for umport/export

Be interesting to see how it goes with them(ace) ninja nerfing spirit banks to 50 exports/imports with no announcement of why they did it.

Things devs are doing right is combat.

•Combat is smooth and improving .

•Combat doesn't feel clunky or slow. Has a nice pace to it.very fun and impactful .

•Graphics are really good and refreshing . Lighting is very good as well. 

I honestly don't see the need for monsters in the game cept for collecting hides/bone/blood

if they made it so the undead actually dropped body parts etc , then there's no reason for them to be in game.

• anything in the game you add should have a purpose. Don't just add stuff to annoy the gatherer. 

• no reason to have gold in game either since everything should be based in helping your faction out to win campaign. But this counters having a auction house/bazaar  

7 minutes ago, BasicBrute said:

With currently 50 exports/imports max how can people craft and set up cities with vendors in their town for people to visit .. impossible to keep things stocked up .. with campaigns only places to get higher than rank 1 nodes.

••near end of last campaign vendors was either fully stocked because no one could import anymore or vendors was empty because the crafters ran out of exports in their spirit bank.. 

Would just like to point out that folks interested In crafting and such could easily have vessels on every campaign running. With 2 accounts, they could have materials available for transfer back to EK from 2 factions on every single campaign. Currently there isn't as much desire to create a trading empire due to wipes that WILL come as the game moves to Alpha and then Beta phases. I am surprised and frankly quite happy to see folks spending so much time developing EK's at this time. 

7 minutes ago, BasicBrute said:

Ah so let's have people create  2 accounts to make it function  is the answer... umm.. gamebreaking of this is the answer.

Even with only 1 account, you can still have crafters on every game campaign. With skills being account based its quite simple to create a vessel on every campaign, but without incentive to do so due to being in pre-alpha and future wipes to come, its hard to see if the system will work properly as is. 

• 3 weeks later...

From what I can see, being a Necromancer is a bit of a timesink. You do put time and effort into getting your vessels up and ready for whatever it is your guild is doing. To have to redo that every campaign, is a bit of an annoyance. Question, has the concept of breaking down vessels back into basic components and putting them away in your bank and then re-building them during the next camp come up? I think that would take some of the edge off the issue. 

On 10/12/2018 at 5:09 PM, BasicBrute said:

Each campaign should have an faction bazaar/auction type thing in each beachhead. 

Agree with this, and it was mentioned in a dev livestream that they are working on potential concepts for it. 

tiPrpwh.png

On 31/10/2018 at 2:13 PM, miraluna said:

Agree with this, and it was mentioned in a dev livestream that they are working on potential concepts for it. 

I think it would be amazing if beacheads got upgraded/bigger depending on how well your doing in the battle or even returning resources to a NPC in the beachhead and little upgrades happen like houses pop up/land tiles get places and within these people can place there stores in the beachead houses based on how much there contributing to upgrading the beachhead/campaign warfare efforts

Campaigns should eventually be longer than 1 month though probaly round the 3-4 month mark i would guess, so i wont be replacing them as often if they keep the same system when game goes live or what not, when it does.

Edited by veeshan

Veeshan Midst of UXA

The beachhead could use some community vendor but that misses the whole point that most players will not be in the 3 or 12 faction campaign...   in the shadows campaign we will build our cities how and where we want ideally and can flesh them out complete with vendors, some even outside the gates where non-guild players could shop ala shadowbane vending cities.   There will not be Beachheads in the GvG game ruleset.

6FUI4Mk.jpg

Sugoi - Senpai