Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
firaxis

Expected System Specs

Just wondering what system specs you guys have in mind when you're program and designing this little gem. Are you planning for future tech or are you basing it off current mid to high end machines?

Apologies if this has been addressed in another thread, delete if so.

Firaxis LoD

Lords of Death

I've already started a New Computer slush fund...upgrading Comcast speed to max.....and will have at least 2 computers ready to go upon launch.

Been waiting for a game like this since Shadowbane/Ultima Online.....I'll be ready.

dulpoa76627.png

It's kind of too early for that, or not ?

No not really. We know they're using Voxel Farm so there are quite a few assumptions that can be made.

#CrowFallBata

~Sweet Sensations~

puppy punch Count: 28

I've already started a New Computer slush fund...upgrading Comcast speed to max.....and will have at least 2 computers ready to go upon launch.

Been waiting for a game like this since Shadowbane/Ultima Online.....I'll be ready.

The New Logitech game controller, and that sweet Logitech Gaming mouse as well.

Wireless headset...

New Computer chair...

Mini fridge for beverages...

And will be quitting smoking the day the game comes out, and using $7-$8.00 per day on in game purchases instead!!!!.

My lungs will thank me for it!!  as I buy my way to the top :D

dulpoa76627.png

Suggested System Spec: Something less than my gaming rig. ;)

We can make a few assumptions if folks are looking to upgrade though:

CPU: Voxel Farm lives in CPU-land and DX12 / OpenGL Next / Mantle are all aimed at moving things out of the GPU to spread the load. So either way, cores count. Get a hex-core I7 or... whatever it is AMD is working on that does lots of threads.

Video: The poly count on the models (so far - it is alpha) do not look too extreme, but it looks like there be a lot of textures making use of shaders to create details (one 1024x1024 texture can be a combination of specular, diffuse, and normal textures of the same dimensions - so 3x the data). Also, any time you have amazing 2D artists in house, you wind up getting a painterly look in the world - which takes lots of textures. So get a video card with some ram in it - like 3Gigs... You will thank me for this later when you get a high-rez monitor as well.

You wont need bleeding edge - NV800 or 900 series or the AMD R9 cards will do everything and then some, plenty fast.

Ram: Lets face it - ram is cheap (unless it is DDR4) and Win8/Win10 is like carp and will expand to fill whatever amount of ram you have. Get 16G - that's about the breakover point of system performance versus cost.

Drives: SSD... Just do it. If you get a newer board that supports NGFF (M.2) - do that. Really. Nothing else you do inside a computer will net as much seat-of-the-pants performance than replacing 1980's magnetic platters with solid state magic.

I'm ready to build a PC for this game, cause I'm currently on Mac. PEACE OUT GUYS.

Depending on the mac - you may be fine. The new(er) big iMacs, for example, are I7's with NV860(70?) cards in them and fast SSD. Just bootcamp the thing (easy to do, really), and reboot OSX into Windows when you have a hankering to crush people in Crowfall. :)

Im just hoping for full AMD support, want to play on full details, but there few game I can, because ... reasons. Thats the last time i go for an AMD CPU, no, just no. Didnt even know why i bought this fx8350, but i guess the box looked cool.

I guess min speccs about

2x2,5ghz

4gb

gtx660

recomm specc

4x3ghz

8gb

gtx770

Just built a new box for Star Citizen so I think I'll be good.

I was planning the same for SC release, but I now think I will adjust my schedule based on access to CF!

rSHxVEY.gif

Suggested System Spec: Something less than my gaming rig. ;)

We can make a few assumptions if folks are looking to upgrade though:

CPU: Voxel Farm lives in CPU-land and DX12 / OpenGL Next / Mantle are all aimed at moving things out of the GPU to spread the load. So either way, cores count. Get a hex-core I7 or... whatever it is AMD is working on that does lots of threads.

Video: The poly count on the models (so far - it is alpha) do not look too extreme, but it looks like there be a lot of textures making use of shaders to create details (one 1024x1024 texture can be a combination of specular, diffuse, and normal textures of the same dimensions - so 3x the data). Also, any time you have amazing 2D artists in house, you wind up getting a painterly look in the world - which takes lots of textures. So get a video card with some ram in it - like 3Gigs... You will thank me for this later when you get a high-rez monitor as well.

You wont need bleeding edge - NV800 or 900 series or the AMD R9 cards will do everything and then some, plenty fast.

Ram: Lets face it - ram is cheap (unless it is DDR4) and Win8/Win10 is like carp and will expand to fill whatever amount of ram you have. Get 16G - that's about the breakover point of system performance versus cost.

Drives: SSD... Just do it. If you get a newer board that supports NGFF (M.2) - do that. Really. Nothing else you do inside a computer will net as much seat-of-the-pants performance than replacing 1980's magnetic platters with solid state magic.

This! When I switched over to an SSD, my fps went up a good 30%. 

As far as processors go,I'd recommend Ivy bridge tech or better for your Pentium.

From research I've been doing, not testing, buying 1 900 series gpu will be better then using sli on 2 cards from say the 700 series.

Windows will be releasing a free upgrade to windows 10 from 7 and up in a few months, I assume it will be capable of running more then 16g ram, as it is dirt cheap, might as well max out your board.