Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Mayhem_

October 2018

Been here dang close for 2 years and this month seems the most dead I have ever seen it.......... "Dead" - please no Halloween excuses.  What's up ACE?  I mean, I know you can't sustain a super high level of content commitment for the Tuesday/Thursday updates ALL the time......... but this month has been not spooky - just BORING.  

:(

Mayhem

Edited by Mayhem_

Yea it's pretty clear that they're hanging on to their bombshells for when 5.8 gets closer.

5.8 is the patch most people are really looking forward to with win-conditions and actual campaign objectives. I'd also think a Frostweaver power reveal isn't too far out considering Blair was teasing a blurred out version of it on the livestream. 

It definitely sucks right now though. 

It's kind of a rough time of year for a game like this, especially in this stage. I suspect they're probably too busy working to come tell us not to worry and 5.8 will be soon. Who knows maybe Todd is pulling a Rockstar and putting in the extra hours polishing those horse balls, so to speak. Their enthusiasm for engaging with the community is probably relative to the engagement and enthusiasm of the community.

There has actually been an uptick in activity on media steams other than the forums, and honestly who could blame em for not wanting to draw people here? The dev tracker is busted, so even if they were engaging with us, we wouldn't know it!

Honestly though I'm hopeful. There is like barely two months and change until the holidays, and I betcha we'll be killing eachother with frostweavers by then. Until then there are plenty of other fresh content to get bored with before 5.8.

Edited by Hi.

1 hour ago, infraction said:

I was a little shocked by the lack of activity on the forums seems like testing is at a standstill from reading the forums.

There's not really anything more to test, at least not anything that's going to change before 5.8.

5.7 is not getting any changes so it is as it was that first month it showed up on LIVE.

8 hours ago, Scorn said:

There's not really anything more to test, at least not anything that's going to change before 5.8.

5.7 is not getting any changes so it is as it was that first month it showed up on LIVE.

Ive just been trying to figure out how to get an extra 4 experimentation to hit 100 jewellery experimentation only thing im trying to test atm stuck on 100 ass and 96 exp

2 hours ago, Tinnis said:

i feel a switch from twice a week updates to one update at the end of the week might alleviate pressure/fluff personally.

I wanted to wait until today to respond again.  Still pretty disappointed.  Honestly , I try to give all the positive assumptions I can for the dev's and JTC -  But the inability to simply "Level Set Expectations with the Community" is well....... there is no good way to put it.

The fluff is just that and it has it's place but underwhelming as an update.  Personally, I would be  fine with less updates as long as they were actual updates.  This is a pretty positive, dedicated and loyal community and I am proud to be a part of it surprisingly.  I honestly think we deserve a bit more "Expectation Level setting" about "Updates"

Just an opinion from a nobody 

Smiley Face and Semper Fi

Edited by Mayhem_

On 10/24/2018 at 9:06 PM, Scorn said:

Kind of figured that but this is the longest dead spell i can remember in testing activity, 5.8 must be massive in additions being made.

First, I want to say thank you to all of you who are still checking in. To quote Tom Petty (RIP), the waiting is the hardest part

The team is busting butt to get 5.8 ready for TEST. Although I don't have an ETA to share with you yet, I can tell you that every day we're making great progress as we undergo rigorous internal testing. Our goal is to get it into the best shape we can before we make it accessible to the first wave of external testers. 

I know that the most diehard Crows have been unhappy about the October news updates and I take responsibility for it. It's my job to create the news calendar. There was a method to my madness, though. Every time I have to ask Blair, Melissa, Todd or someone else on the team to contribute something for an update, that takes time away from the work they're doing on 5.8. At this critical point, even 30 minutes of diversion away from 5.8 is too much. 

A secondary consideration is that as new Crows come into the community, we need to reintroduce things that you have known for a long time but they haven't seen yet. For that reason, there will be times when we repurpose older content that may be old news to you but that they are seeing for the first time. 

I'm wrapping up the calendar for November now and I think it will make you happier since it's a better mix of new and older content, this includes info drops about 5.8 changes. 

37 minutes ago, Pann said:

First, I want to say thank you to all of you who are still checking in. To quote Tom Petty (RIP), the waiting is the hardest part

The team is busting butt to get 5.8 ready for TEST. Although I don't have an ETA to share with you yet, I can tell you that every day we're making great progress as we undergo rigorous internal testing. Our goal is to get it into the best shape we can before we make it accessible to the first wave of external testers. 

I know that the most diehard Crows have been unhappy about the October news updates and I take responsibility for it. It's my job to create the news calendar. There was a method to my madness, though. Every time I have to ask Blair, Melissa, Todd or someone else on the team to contribute something for an update, that takes time away from the work they're doing on 5.8. At this critical point, even 30 minutes of diversion away from 5.8 is too much. 

A secondary consideration is that as new Crows come into the community, we need to reintroduce things that you have known for a long time but they haven't seen yet. For that reason, there will be times when we repurpose older content that may be old news to you but that they are seeing for the first time. 

I'm wrapping up the calendar for November now and I think it will make you happier since it's a better mix of new and older content, this includes info drops about 5.8 changes. 

There's nothing wrong with quoting Tom Petty!

I think you all forget what last year at this time was like waiting for 5.3...   we had no game, no disciplines, and the race class split was consuming all of the devs time.   We are in so much better a place as a game now... relax.

lol. Pann, I won't assume all of my transgressions, aka warnings, are forgiven.   But still, I am anything but reformed and rehabilitated, I just pace my timing of being a complete jerk in your world.

Edited by Frykka

I will say the part that made it seem bad to me was all of the lore posts.

I don't mind lore posts but that seemed to be really the majority of the news in October. There wasn't the usual pacing of whats going on information we have grown accustomed to.

Edited by infraction

Well Truth is that it's kind of unfair to get upset about

On 10/26/2018 at 10:59 AM, Pann said:

Re-purposing work:  Great - but IMO probably not the greatest strategy when that is applied so many times in a row

"Any Nuggets" about 5.8 would nice..... no matter how small.  With the anticipation of a wipe plus the first CW to have win conditions left me pretty desperate for "some news" (Only speaking for myself)......... Not asking anyone to do anything that takes away ANYTHING from getting 5.8 to test -  but Simple updates..... even the one you just left is better than the basic nothing of Oct!

And of course - better if some one attempts to point it out nicely before the "MOB" starts getting really restless :)

I have and I get the impression that many in community have worked start-up projects before; I absolutely appreciate the "hard work" - always thanks on that!

Simply telling the community (Me) "Expect no updates in Oct - we are too busy working"  - heck - I would have been disappointed but respected that

LOL - with that said, anyone whom assumes responsibility gets a /Thumbs up

Thanks - "For Something"

On 10/26/2018 at 11:37 AM, blazzen said:

True that!

Edited by Mayhem_