ReaperOfSouls

Overloard

To put it in simple terms i want to recreate the overload anime so here are some ideas that could aid the role play :

1-  Undead class 

2-  Having thralls that join you in battle maybe or do crafting for you (I know the devs want it to be a social experience but a couple of fighting thralls wont hurt :) ) 

3-  Having way more character customization in terms of Looks and clothing  

4-   Castle building as in having levels and complex structures 

Edited by ReaperOfSouls

1. Not gonna happen. Repeated suggestions of this have not piqued ACE's interest.

2, 3, & 4. These are already planned and ongoing. Some of that customization should keep going even after launch.

3 hours ago, ReaperOfSouls said:

To put it in simple terms i want to recreate the overload anime so here are some ideas that could aid the role play :

1-  Undead class 

2-  Having thralls that join you in battle maybe or do crafting for you (I know the devs want it to be a social experience but a couple of fighting thralls wont hurt :) ) 

3-  Having way more character customization in terms of Looks and clothing  

4-   Castle building as in having levels and complex structures 

Ok, let me start with: These answers are based on what I do know, what I believe to know and what I expect to happen based on those two. I will mix them up in my answers to make it more interesting for you. (tl;dr: no guarantees) ;)

1. Do you mean race? Because the race is about the body, the class is about the job. There is no undead player race scheduled for launch. Maybe, if there are enough people who would love to have it, ACE may come up with an undead race in a future update (long) AFTER launch. Or a rotten state of vessels, maybe combined with a specific power tray. Or depending on the playtime/age of a vessel the oppotunity to use it's undead state. Whatever. The possibilities are manifold... after launch. Before launch they are extremly restricted. However, keep the suggestions coming. Later crows may praise your name for them. :)

2. Crafting vessels are in the plans for launch. You should be able to place a vessel at a factory to let it craft mass products for you. However, we haven't seen anything about this yet and hopefully it will happen before launch (pretty likely). Thralls as companions in battles have (up to now) not been mentioned regarding campaigns (and would probably only drop the framerate unnecessarily). I believe to remember that once one of the team said no. However, we are meant to be able to place guard thralls in our kingdoms and probably also at strongholds in the campaign worlds who will (just like mounts) join or start a fight under specific circumstances.

3. Character customization will come ... at the very end. We are still in basic function testing. Forget about being pretty for now - game development is a dirty business. ;) But again no worries, we will get it as sure as Valkyn will return. (ok, let's say as sure as i believe that Valkyn will return - just to avoid misunderstandings).