Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Linthu

How to price your wares?

How do folks price their wares?  Of course the market is not established yet and there wont be for some time - but in the mean time, is there a formula that has worked out fairly?  ie amount * rarity * qty = final price? or rarity price * qty * markup?  etc.

I am leaning toward stonemason and because its so uncommon, its hard to know what to sell tables, stalls and parcels for...

Lin

I sell my jewellery base on 2 things.
1st Difficulty to acquire mats to crafts (Jewellery is notorious for being a pain to get the resources to crafts)
2nd The chance to get the result if it roughtly a 1 in 20 chance to get (All pretty decent experiement rolls) the price sky rocks since it so rare/difficulty (60+k some i cant even sell due to merchant price cap and the jewlery piece being worth more than it))
to get average roll sit around 10-30k a piece  depending on the piece.
5-10k for the so called fail rolls there decent but there only success (no great/amazing ones roll) Some things like my jewlery rings that arnt upgrade drops in this catagory too.

Veeshan Midst of UXA

As a resource vendor, when I first set up my shop I priced my goods higher than I thought the market would bear. As I acquired more surplus stock in my spirit bank, I started lowering my prices until things started selling. If my shelves are bare, I up my prices some.

If you harvest resources and then craft them into finished goods, don't overlook the value those raw resources would have had if you had simply sold them. Just because you harvested them yourself, doesn't mean they're worth less than if you had purchased them.

Also, don't over look the investment you've put into your skills. They have value, and they came to you at the cost of not training something else.

The real value of anything relative to gold is going to be hard to nail down at this point. We have gold fountains, but almost no gold sinks. Player interest in the game is going to peak & fall with the campaign cycles and new releases, and that will have a big impact on both your customer demand and the amount of competition you face.

22 minutes ago, VaMei said:

As a resource vendor, when I first set up my shop I priced my goods higher than I thought the market would bear. As I acquired more surplus stock in my spirit bank, I started lowering my prices until things started selling. If my shelves are bare, I up my prices some.

If you harvest resources and then craft them into finished goods, don't overlook the value those raw resources would have had if you had simply sold them. Just because you harvested them yourself, doesn't mean they're worth less than if you had purchased them.

Also, don't over look the investment you've put into your skills. They have value, and they came to you at the cost of not training something else.

The real value of anything relative to gold is going to be hard to nail down at this point. We have gold fountains, but almost no gold sinks. Player interest in the game is going to peak & fall with the campaign cycles and new releases, and that will have a big impact on both your customer demand and the amount of competition you face.

As a jeweler no one sell anything i need to craft with so there realy is no worth to gold for me :P i wanted to see how much it would stack to which was 99,999 and now ive done that there nothing to do with it :P i threw 50k in getting last 10 levels of my crafting vessel :P

Veeshan Midst of UXA

1 hour ago, veeshan said:

As a jeweler no one sell anything i need to craft with so there realy is no worth to gold for me :P i wanted to see how much it would stack to which was 99,999 and now ive done that there nothing to do with it :P i threw 50k in getting last 10 levels of my crafting vessel :P

IMO...

Having motherloads as the only source of gems is a broken mechanic. Community harvesting should be required for community construction, fortresses and siege weapons, but not for individual gear. Think of the old timer photos of 20 men standing on the 30' across tree they had just harvested. That's the level of effort it took to build cities, navies, factories, and national railroads. That's not what it takes to make a bow.

If it's intended as a means to persuade us to test group harvesting it works, at the expense of jewelcrafters, but it should not go to release that way.

I agree with the motherlodes being a source of mats for jewelcrafting and alchemy, it makes it a pain to do because of low drop rates.

I've all but given up my on Frankenstein act due to not having the alchemy components for it. So far only one vessel has been made lol.

Would like to see atleast some soloable content people can do  for gems and minerals, motherloads just suck they need to drop more base resources imo aswell aka metals so it worth mining in a group together instead of hitting solo nodes which are way more efficient atm

Veeshan Midst of UXA

I made 40+ vessels in total for 5.7...   Rhana and I also made some of the best gear in the game, it was a group effort for certain but also not very difficult at all with having EU and BR to farm mats and minerals undefended at almost any hour and mineral drop rates unaffected by seasons.   The real game starts when we have only 1 campaign locked per account and its always contested as it should be.   Asking for easy mode always takes the cake, what are you millennial or something that you need things so easy?   It is kind of sad in my view.   Buck up, geez.

6FUI4Mk.jpg

Sugoi - Senpai

In answer to pricing...   ONLY white gear is sold for coin because the coin cannot buy colored mats.   So we trade gear for colored mats in about a 3 to 1 ratio of what was used to make the gear.   This will not change if white mats continue to be available for coin.   Price searching is a real world economic tool, you start high and take what people will pay... 

Edited by Frykka

6FUI4Mk.jpg

Sugoi - Senpai

10 hours ago, Frykka said:

I made 40+ vessels in total for 5.7...   Rhana and I also made some of the best gear in the game, it was a group effort for certain but also not very difficult at all with having EU and BR to farm mats and minerals undefended at almost any hour and mineral drop rates unaffected by seasons.   The real game starts when we have only 1 campaign locked per account and its always contested as it should be.   Asking for easy mode always takes the cake, what are you millennial or something that you need things so easy?   It is kind of sad in my view.   Buck up, geez.

I realy am just waiting for the proper functioning spirit bank where what u can export depends on what u can export and all that.

Veeshan Midst of UXA

On 10/26/2018 at 1:50 PM, Frykka said:

No one asked for easy mode, just that it is silly that jewcrafting and alchemy mats only come from mothelodes.

Since we derailed the original topic a bit I forgot to give my two cents. All of my stonemason stuff I sell for mat cost (I can buy most or all from a vender) plus a small percentage for my time. I think that's what most people do as well. As Frykka stated high quality crafted gear is usually traded for more mats. I say usually because I have seen a few for sell on the cheap side. 

Can you imagine if gold got removed from CF completely, like some have suggested? I'm not even sure how that would even work.

Until ACE puts some real gold sinks into the game, gold has no value beyond the starter gear & common resources from the NPC vendors. Once we need to start paying gold for... I don't know what we'll be using gold for but it'll need to be more expensive than my vendor, that will set the relative value of gold. Until then, all it's good for is the Scrooge McDuck pool dive.

The only way the game would work without gold is for everyone to be in a guild operating on a socialized model; get out there & gather, give us all your mats, & we'll give you the gear we want you to have. Either that, or really break things so that everyone can gather everything & just trade gear for mats.

I can say this, it'll be a LONG time before I'm buying high end jewelry with mats, unless my jeweler suddenly finds a need for hide.

57 minutes ago, VaMei said:

Until ACE puts some real gold sinks into the game, gold has no value beyond the starter gear & common resources from the NPC vendors. Once we need to start paying gold for... I don't know what we'll be using gold for but it'll need to be more expensive than my vendor, that will set the relative value of gold. Until then, all it's good for is the Scrooge McDuck pool dive.

The only way the game would work without gold is for everyone to be in a guild operating on a socialized model; get out there & gather, give us all your mats, & we'll give you the gear we want you to have. Either that, or really break things so that everyone can gather everything & just trade gear for mats.

I can say this, it'll be a LONG time before I'm buying high end jewelry with mats, unless my jeweler suddenly finds a need for hide.

Or me buying high end plate for some of the ridiculous amounts of stone I've acquired.