Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Vesperre

Unachievable Parity

11 minutes ago, Soulreaver said:

Sk-rmbillede-130.png

I did not agree to those terms at all. I must assume it is a Europe thing?

Ok, I found the page, but I needed to vpn and pretend I was a European. The US terms are different.

Edited by mystafyi

2 hours ago, Soulreaver said:

https://crowfall.com/en/travian/terms-and-conditions/

U may want to read bullet 11 ....  To all of those looking at using multi accounts, perhas they should too.

*shrugs*  All going to come down to how rigidly this will be enforced......

My 5 cent...

In terms of your posts.  Try to deviate more from suggestions about “balance”, this is the Alpha stages and game design - ideas and suggestions should be pertained to game concept and dynamics.

While there are flaws in the balance of the game presently, diverting manpower from development to balancing is something imo we want to avoid.

At any rate... Welcome to CF

35 minutes ago, Soulreaver said:

So basically US players are allowed to use Multi accounts but EU players aren't?

@jtoddcoleman

This issue has already been clarified two years ago. -->

On 29.6.2016 at 8:29 PM, Daylar said:

Hi All,

Actually, the "no multi-accounts' clause was just something we missed when we reviewed and rewrote our Code of Conduct for Crowfall.  We fully intend to follow ACE's lead on this policy, so as it stands right now, yes, you can have 2 or more accounts.

When I get back to Munich next week, I'll make sure this gets changed in the Code of Conduct  to reflect that.

Best,

Jess

On 29.6.2016 at 11:22 PM, Pann said:

Jess. Gordon and I discussed this policy. As Jess stated, we are in agreement that we will allow people to run multiple accounts in tandem. Regarding the legitimate concerns some of you voiced about people running bots and somesuch, those activities are against the TOS and will be dealt with regardless of how many game clients someone is running. We'll have measures in place for people to report suspicious activity and we will be sniffing around for it ourselves. 

I believe to remember I already saw a version of the rules back in the days in which the according line was included. It was an ammendment for crowfall, also including the risk of buying a backer package. Either I just couldnt find it after a short search or they deleted the whole section after backer packages got replaced by pre-sale packages. Maybe @Daylar can bring some light into  this.

2W1ZHpA.jpg

16 hours ago, Vesperre said:

[...] My next subject is Parity. [...]  Time [...] mechanic [...] multiple accounts [...]

Welcome to the forums.

Since there has already been said a lot of good stuff about this, I can reduce my two cents to one cent and make it short, even with repeating what others already said.

1. The catch-up mechanic will come later and is not designed yet.

Up to now it's just a basic idea. Once they seriously work on it, we will have, again, the opportunity to share our feedback and critiques and ideas. The team is very unlikely to give this topic a lot of attention until then. So, prepare yourself and make sure you participate once we get there.

2. There is no parity. There will always be differences. And rightfully.

There is two sides to the medal. The more you benefit those who join late, the more you disadvantage those who joined early.  A catch-up mechanic is a good thing. But it has to be balanced. And no catch-up mechanic will be perfect for everybody. It is about trying to allow new players to catch up - but also about not to piss off those who already invested into the game and rightfully expect to have (and keep) an advantage out of it. And about avoiding possible exploits of the system as much as possible. For example by only allowing to expand skills in width (like you can use the mech to skill guinecean next to stoneborn) but not in quality (no way to make your stoneborn better than others). Thats already a pretty good thing regarding balance.

This topic has been discussed before, it will be discussed again. I wouldnt worry too much about it (yet), because the basic intentions of ACE for this area are good. It's also good that you have an open eye about it. Crowfall needs people like you. So make sure to participate in the discussions, once the team starts to work on it. :)

2W1ZHpA.jpg

On 11/3/2018 at 1:09 PM, Kraahk said:

This issue has already been clarified two years ago. -->

I believe to remember I already saw a version of the rules back in the days in which the according line was included. It was an ammendment for crowfall, also including the risk of buying a backer package. Either I just couldnt find it after a short search or they deleted the whole section after backer packages got replaced by pre-sale packages. Maybe @Daylar can bring some light into  this.

Yep, that must have slipped back in when we had to re-do everything for the GDPR.  I'll take care of it.

To clarify; Yes, we follow ACE's lead on this; they allow multi-accounts, so we do, too.