Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
ACE_JackalBark

New and Improved Lobby - Official Discussion Thread

Interesting, looks pretty good.

Leave some questions about inventory when moving from Campaign to EK and back again, and imports/exports. 

• Do you have one copy of each vessel, or is it duplicated in the campaign and each EK it visits?
  • If more than one copy, does a different "version" of your vessel in a campaign have a different inventory than your EK version?
  • Does each EK version have it's own inventory?
  • OR
  • Does your inventory attempt to travel with the vessel, and hit embargo/filters as it moves around?
  • If you delete a vessel, does that wipe out all items in all EK's and Campaigns?  Seems like clearing out a vessel would be a fairly onerous task unless you could swap items around in at least the EK's.

I'm happy about these changes. The new lobby flow represents a more traditional MMORPG experience in that character creation supercedes your need to join a campaign first. It makes more sense to flow new comers through this process and helps cut down on the need to explain the rather complicated nature of this game as it existed previously.

I also like that you've reinforced the concept that characters are locked to a campaign, potentially, and that you can have multiple in a single campaign but that you'd use up your character slots to do so. This values character slots over the long run as players experiment with skill trees and race/class combinations. 

I am unclear how Necromancy made vessels will interact in this system, as it seemingly requires you to make a character prior to joining a campaign? Does this mean vessels can only be equipped at the loading screen? Are they accessible from inside a campaign? This structure seems unclear now with this new work flow.

Obsidian-ForumSignature.jpg

5 minutes ago, Scree said:

I am unclear how Necromancy made vessels will interact in this system, as it seemingly requires you to make a character prior to joining a campaign? Does this mean vessels can only be equipped at the loading screen? Are they accessible from inside a campaign? This structure seems unclear now with this new work flow.

I assume that custom vessels will still be instantiated at the crypt, but that's an advanced thing that newbies won't need to worry about right away.

3 minutes ago, Arkade said:

I assume that custom vessels will still be instantiated at the crypt, but that's an advanced thing that newbies won't need to worry about right away.

or you just can activate vessels from the spiritbank in character generation?

How will inventory / gear be handled as you move from campaign to EK and back?  Will they be instanced?

How can we expect to switch vessels in a running campaign without creating a new one ?

Will be class switching in a campaign still possible ?

What is about the level of a vessel is that bound to the version in the lobby ?

Edited by DravoiX

rUQlYHs.png

26 minutes ago, KrakkenSmacken said:

I like that locked to a campaign will likely reduce the "jump to Brazil to farm" behavior and encourage people to stay in a campaign from start to end. 

That won't change anything on its own. We are already forced to use different vessels to farm in Brazil and that doesn't deter us. The Import/Export system needs some major work.

IhhQKY6.gif

three slots? it was 6-9 in the last crypt article

how will that interact with the current dual layout of skill training class/race [e.g. x4 base options with VIP]

and your new article is inconsistent with the pictures when it describes

All player accounts will have three character slots by default.

but still shows 6 default and 9 unlocked?

9kqsSGr.png

p.s. i assume/hope you are going to allow for better EK filtering and tagging etc?

Edited by Tinnis

caldera_forum_banner_wings.png

23 minutes ago, Jah said:

That won't change anything on its own. We are already forced to use different vessels to farm in Brazil and that doesn't deter us. The Import/Export system needs some major work.

I did say reduce, not stop.

Yes, but you have a limit on how many vessels you can have now.  Unless you have a mountain of ALT's I suspect most people would rather have both primary professions represented on the world they are fighting to win. So a combat and harvester vessel for example.  That leaves them just 1 extra slot to use as a secondary campaign farmer.  So at the very least they would be locked out of the EU farming for example. 

Now for people who have the full 6 slots, and people who have multiple ALT accounts, this won't be as much of a deterrent, but it will reduce the single account casual players.  If those players happen to be the guys that are on that you want to run with, it will make it more logistically challenging.

Much easier to just keep an entire guilds activity on the server everyone in the guild is fighting for. For a Solo run with an ALT, or amongst groups of the same sort, yea that's going to still happen.

Your right about the import/export system needing some changes though.

Edited by KrakkenSmacken

That character creation flow makes much more sense from a traditional mmorpg standpoint. Being able to travel with a character from Campaign --> EK -->Campaign is cool.

Biggest question is what happens with a character's equipped gear, inventory, and storage now?

tiPrpwh.png

I really like this.  That vessel i spend 50k for now isn't dead after 4 weeks.  I will still buy more vessels for other tunes in other campaigns so Necromancy will still be a viable trade.  Bravo Art Craft! Bravo!

3 hours ago, KrakkenSmacken said:

Yes, but you have a limit on how many vessels you can have now.  Unless you have a mountain of ALT's I suspect most people would rather have both primary professions represented on the world they are fighting to win. So a combat and harvester vessel for example.  That leaves them just 1 extra slot to use as a secondary campaign farmer.  So at the very least they would be locked out of the EU farming for example. 

It will also help with the multiple worlds to farm on the same server and feel "more" safe about it.

I also hope that, at some point it will show BEFORE you enter a campaign, things like: number of days left in the campaign(if the campaign is a set duration) and which season it is currently in, and how many days left in that season. I also think it should list what the bonuses/minuses are for each season in the campaign. 

6 hours ago, Kraahk said:

~singsay~Who didn't trade-in their backer rewards extra-character slots for shabby shop credits, raise your hahaaand. ~singsay~

~raisinghand~

;D

* raises hand     >>>>>> This guy right here<<<<<<

Eat or be eaten