idoll

Love the role of resources in PVP... BUT... there is exploit

1 hour ago, mystafyi said:

Static instanced EK's with multiple campaigns are the problem. 

LOL.  That is literally the core concept of the game since the first kickstarter video.  

You sure your in the right place?

There is also a possibility to do mix of things. 

Picking up resources could put your recall in cd.

When you get killed you would only drop certain percentage of your resources with random factor. Then this percentage could be tweaked between campaigns to balance things if needed. 

Then again - recall could also make you lose the same percentage of resources.

20 hours ago, Jah said:

It lets people avoid the need to caravan their loot to safety, which was one of the core concepts of Crowfall.

Spirit-banking from everywhere, and safe recalling with loot are both bad for Crowfall.

J0VCKjD.png

Spirit-banking from everywhere won't be a thing in the future, and caravans will still be needed for transporting resources obtained from POIs. Players can break those resources down and have a bunch of people carry a little each, but they will lose a lot in the process of breaking it down. If that becomes a problem, they can probably make it so that recall is disabled while you have certain types of resources in your inventory. 

50 minutes ago, Arkade said:

Spirit-banking from everywhere won't be a thing in the future, and caravans will still be needed for transporting resources obtained from POIs. Players can break those resources down and have a bunch of people carry a little each, but they will lose a lot in the process of breaking it down. If that becomes a problem, they can probably make it so that recall is disabled while you have certain types of resources in your inventory. 

I certainly hope both of those things are true, but they are far from certain. Both seem to be undetermined at this time. Can you point to a link that suggests otherwise?

And even if POI resources avoid the problem of recall/spirit bank, they are just a small slice of the lootables in this game. And unless there are major changes, those are some of the least exciting things to loot.

I don't want people to recall the moment they collect a thrall for a precious major discipline. I don't want people to recall the moment they loot a player who happens to have a hoard of valuables. Recalling as a tactic to secure valuables is bad for world pvp.

18 hours ago, KrakkenSmacken said:

Also needs to be interruptible by any amount of damage at the very least.  Having someone pop off because you didn't full kill them with the current TTK is ... disappointing.

Would not mind if it had to be used at a camp you control, in the state of "resting", as another way to add value to camps.  Would kinda break it as a way to get out from terrain hitches and stuff.  Perhaps a really long cast time if out in the wild (120 seconds or more), and a shorter one if your at camp.

It is interruptable. I once caught McTan and his buddy while recalling and waited till the channel was almost complete before stunning the other dude, meanwhile McTan recalled away before he could stop it if he wanted to. The guy was left behind to die alone.

Maybe it could use a longer channel time, I dunno. I think spirit banking while being ganked is more of a problem personally.

While harvesting, if I get ganked, I just spirit bank all the greens and blues.

23 minutes ago, DocHollidaze said:

It is interruptable. I once caught McTan and his buddy while recalling and waited till the channel was almost complete before stunning the other dude, meanwhile McTan recalled away before he could stop it if he wanted to. The guy was left behind to die alone.

Maybe it could use a longer channel time, I dunno. I think spirit banking while being ganked is more of a problem personally.

While harvesting, if I get ganked, I just spirit bank all the greens and blues.

Humm.  That must be a bit hit and miss then.  I'll check again when 5.8 lands.

Played Eve for a solid 6 months, null space, shooting rocks. It was great.

Harvesters take enough risks for recalls to be fair. If I'm putting, for example, 8% of my wealth on the line to harvest resources, I should be prepared to lose said resources to an incoming attack, but the recall must be at least 20 seconds. Any damage, any restraint/stun should cancel the recall.

But if there's a mechanic that allows harvesters to escape, what if there were a way for attackers and raids to warp in? I'm not familiar with the warp gate lore that takes players from the Beach Heads to the Campaign. What if there were ways to open temporary gates, allowing dozens of players to jump through?

Fondest combat from Eve wasn't the big fights - it was the small escalations the ended in 100's of millions lost from a harvesting mission, as both sides escalate until there are two huge groups colliding.

Love the concept of supply lines. If there's a 'deployable gate mechanism' that has to be trained up, it would make for unpredictable fun.