ACE_Jackal

ACE Q&A for November - Official Discussion Thread

14 hours ago, KrakkenSmacken said:

... or people will be encouraged to level before they get into the conquest game.

Considering we already see complaints from new blood about how they believe they shouldn't play while passive progression occurs, this is definitely going to happen.

16 hours ago, moneda said:

Eehhh, that ending bit about active progression has me feelin' queasy. ?  

I am just curious as to what sort of active progression a person can do in a 15 min playtime slot as was mentioned. 

14 hours ago, Nazdar said:

Regarding "thin" professions, compare the two options just numerically.

1.00 : 1.50 = 67%

vs.

0.75 : 1:00 = 75%

In plain English, the bloated skill is worse of a problem because it's farther from the normal.

Please go with Todd's gut and split weapons / armor.  I challenge you to show me data implying that the number of recipes in the other skills is optimized to make the player experience fun.  Your fear of a "thin" profession is overstated.  Based on the bloat I've already seen, most professions are already too thick.

Agree, split it there currently way way to much benefit to just doing blacksmiths compared to other profession.

It looks like 5.8 will be the starting point for me, finally a testing campaign and a game in playable state, good job team ~ and kudos to all the testers out there

2 hours ago, yianni said:

so credit goes to miraluna... but did you guys not see the talents section under the character sheet

I saw it.

In a previous build, the knight skill tree had this, which is obviously related:

pkHk7SD.png

I would guess that the talents allow us to modify existing abilities, similar to other games.

Edited by Arkade

10 minutes ago, Arkade said:

I saw it.

In a previous build, the knight skill tree had this, which is obviously related:

... snip ...

I would guess that the talents allow us to modify existing abilities, similar to other games.

That could be part of the new active progression stuff Todd was hinting at. 

Speculation is fun!

You nailed this Q&A IMO. good length. I watched the whole thing. You two looked really comfortable and excited, and like you were holding back even more excitement. Seeing this made me feel excited too. Now we can all be excited together, good job.

if Armor and Weapon crafting feels so thin smart guy then why not just add another Armor Type or more Materials and More Weapons to make them feel thiccer

Edited by Hi.

5.8 looks to have a whole lotta goodies! I can't wait to get my hands on them. Pimp Guineceans inc!

Actually, if you need help testing that character controller... ;)