ACE_Jackal

ACE Q&A for November - Official Discussion Thread

Recipes on discipline runes YES!

Temporary recipes on scrolls YES!  Putting those in passive training always seems a square peg, round hole solution.  This should be much better.

Training parallel lockout fix resolved.  YES!

More active progression. YES!... if done right.  I hope it doesn't change the power curve paradigm too much, or people will be encouraged to level before they get get into the conquest game.

Still don't think they quite get the armor issues, but willing to wait it out a bit for another pass when they can give more than a "looks the same" focus.

[MOCK!]  Blair being worried about weapon vs armor in blacksmith is not nearly as much of a concern as I think he thinks it is.  Just because the recipe split would make it a bit shallow recipes wise, both are the highest demand professions in terms of volume required by the community, in final outcomes, and component parts, and where experimentation in builds happens. Even a single discipline change could require a full new set of armor (4 pieces), or a new weapon, for example.

Leather for example, is basically the same as armor, but is only one set/type instead of two, and represents zero finished weapons. I would worry more about that being under represented. 

[/MOCK!]

Can't wait for the 11 pages of patch notes.  

Edited by KrakkenSmacken

Changes to Critical Defence, and the impact it has on “Auto Crit”, is a good start, but it doesn’t adress the real problem with the Champion class.

Having a heal as well as an immunity in one button is just way overboard.  Their self sustain coupled with their damage, health levels/ as well as specialized disciplines is just overboard.  You have taken steps to tone down the Assassin - now please also look at the insanity of the Champ.

Other than this...

Sounds like 5.8 is going to be really interesting to be part of testing.

With auto crit abilities affected by Crit defense skills, will crit chance skills increase the chance of auto crit abilities now?  If I use an auto crit ability and have 15% crit chance and my enemy has 20% crit defense, Will I have a 95% chance to crit or an 80% chance to crit with that ability?

Edited by Yoink

17 minutes ago, Yoink said:

Very excited that cross training has been fixed. Skill wipe?

Do you really think it could be anything but ....

0fSjX6R.jpg

Edited by KrakkenSmacken

1 hour ago, Yoink said:

With auto crit abilities affected by Crit defense skills, will crit chance skills increase the chance of auto crit abilities now?  If I use an auto crit ability and have 15% crit chance and my enemy has 20% crit defense, Will I have a 95% chance to crit or an 80% chance to crit with that ability?

Didn't sound like it. They said cap at 100% then, as I understood it, the crit defense would be applied. Unfortunately.

I hope the "active progression" doesn't add repetitive/boring/time consuming grinding.

Oh and I found a typo in the news article:)

Movement improvements nerf for the Fae Assassin

Edited by MJayed

Threatening to get the game to a playable state before I can afford to replace my fried GPU eh?

Please give me more time!  *kneels*

Damned bitcoin.

Say, how many years has it been since the Kickstarter?  I lost track.

9 minutes ago, MJayed said:

I hope the "active progression" doesn't add repetitive/boring/time consuming grinding.

Oh and I found a typo in the news article:)

Movement improvements nerf for the Fae Assassin

5:54

It was about movement improvements, not a nerf.  The question was about adjustments, but they answered about movement in general. Fae specifically, "nothing significant", but about it moving forward "and it will work even better".

Nothing about a nerf at all.

Edited by KrakkenSmacken

Just now, KrakkenSmacken said:

5:54

It was about movement improvements, not a nerf.  The question was about adjustments, but they answered about movement in general. "and it will work even better".

Nothing about a nerf at all.

The question regarding that was certainly a balance concern. They just sidestepped the balance part and talked about technology changes. Definitely about a nerf.

Regarding "thin" professions, compare the two options just numerically.

1.00 : 1.50 = 67%

vs.

0.75 : 1:00 = 75%

In plain English, the bloated skill is worse of a problem because it's farther from the normal.

Please go with Todd's gut and split weapons / armor.  I challenge you to show me data implying that the number of recipes in the other skills is optimized to make the player experience fun.  Your fear of a "thin" profession is overstated.  Based on the bloat I've already seen, most professions are already too thick.

Hmmm... last time there was a "big reveal" we got gundams.  I'll just be hopefully optimistic, even though every time the devs say "some of you are going to hate it" it is usually me.  Maybe the pendulum will swing the way of the old school RPG?   

Well, just so long as they don't change "eternal heroes, dying worlds" there is hope!  

Edited by Durin