Vesperre

Resource combo info tab

Hi,

This is simply a quality of life improvement but what I suggest once you combo ores to make a certain metal bar/plate armor layer/leather padding it should record it somewhere so you can remember what it gave you (slashing/piercing/regen etc).  I''m all for spreadsheets but it's just a bit annoying tabbing in and out.  Some sheets are complete in some ways and not in others.   

So when I add the ore/resource in to the slot I'd like to know what I get before I press combine and enter the experimental phase.    I still like the discovery part of it so until you've done the combine you shouldn't pre-know the results.  Adds a little more to the imagination.

Yes, yes finish the game 1st but this is a quality of life improvement I'd like to see.

Cheers,

Vesperre

It would be a nice potential quality of life improvement. 

It could even be one of those things tied to being a VIP.  No material power, but certainly a really good nice to have.

I like the idea that some things can still be discovered as far as combinations of optional materials...   as we get more and more optional materials that is and even adding more beyond launch.   Having things served up without a discovery need feels like easy mode.   I know W publishes a spreadsheet but what if they kept that private, a lot of players would then need to explore the results and some secrets might stay secret for a period that gives advantage to the discoverer.   You take that away and you lose some piece that appeals to crafting exploration.   I wish the combinations would regularly change as if the gods had a hand in manipulating the materials and keep crafting exploration a valued commodity.

1 minute ago, Frykka said:

I like the idea that some things can still be discovered as far as combinations of optional materials...   as we get more and more optional materials that is and even adding more beyond launch.   Having things served up without a discovery need feels like easy mode.   I know W publishes a spreadsheet but what if they kept that private, a lot of players would then need to explore the results and some secrets might stay secret for a period that gives advantage to the discoverer.   You take that away and you lose some piece that appeals to crafting exploration.   I wish the combinations would regularly change as if the gods had a hand in manipulating the materials and keep crafting exploration a valued commodity.

Read it again. 

AFTER you have discovered it, you have the list available.

4 hours ago, Vesperre said:

Hi,

This is simply a quality of life improvement but what I suggest once you combo ores to make a certain metal bar/plate armor layer/leather padding it should record it somewhere so you can remember what it gave you (slashing/piercing/regen etc).

Just saying.

you're right.   I would still wonder about everyone knowing every combination in a very short time plus sharing...  I would like to see lots more combos do more interesting variations...   why all the bad combos?    Variety is the spice of life...   

Edited by Frykka

22 minutes ago, Frykka said:

you're right.   I would still wonder about everyone knowing every combination in a very short time plus sharing...  I would like to see lots more combos do more interesting variations...   why all the bad combos?    Variety is the spice of life...   

You would have to ban wiki's to keep that.  As you said, winterblades has a spreadsheet, and that's just one guild of hopefully several dozen or more that will be in the final game, all of whom who are just as likely to copy or produce their own public copy.  Sorry to say, in the day and age of the internet, game secrets aren't. Might as well make the game more convenient for the more casual players.

If your the kind of person who likes the mystery and discover, then don't use the tool. It's not like speed of combo recall and tracking is going to have an impact on your crafting results.  

All I know, is how unnecessary and awkward it felt to open a second window with my copy of the combos spreadsheet, and how annoying it was to accidently waste mats because I misread the spreadsheet.

Edited by KrakkenSmacken