Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Pann

Pre-Alpha 5.8: First Campaign snap test Tuesday

Moments ago, I sent an email to the Pre-Alpha 1 though Alpha 1 test groups announcing a snap test of Pre-Alpha 1 though Alpha 1 tomorrow (Tuesday) at 4 pm CST (22:00 GMT). 

You do not have to receive the email in order to participate in the snap test, but you do need to be in one of these test groups: Pre-Alpha 1, Pre-Alpha 2 or Alpha 1. Go to the Client page and download/install the patcher for TEST. Please email support@crowfall.com if you need assistance downloading, installing or running the game. 

Note that the Pre-Alpha 5.8: First Campaign update includes a full wipe of Eternal Kingdoms, Skills and Spirit Banks. 

UPDATES to this post: 

1. We politely request that you do not publicly share video, screenshots or live streams from this testing session. 
2. The time was chosen in order for us to complete some additional changes to the client this morning before the snap test is scheduled to begin, and then to have the snap test early enough that we will still have a full crew on-hand to oversee the test. If it's possible to leave the test running longer than the one-hour allotted, we will. 
3. Keep an eye out for announcements about additional snap tests, more test groups being added and so forth. We'll keep you updated as best we can. 

Edited by Pann
Added additional information

Valerie "Pann" Massey, Director of Community

Considering how you guys royally screwed over leather working in 5.7... <_< 'cough' … You should give me access to the alpha 1 test to ensure someone oversees the crafting changes in that profession. Everyone already knows how I pride myself on leather crafting despite how gimped and useless it was after its mysterious nerf that I have yet to be given a valid reason for such a huge hit to it's modifiers … … … :lol::P just kidding... no seriously, fix that in 5.8.

Just now, Asokka said:

Considering how you guys royally screwed over leather working in 5.7... <_< 'cough' … You should give me access to the alpha 1 test to ensure someone oversees the crafting changes in that profession. Everyone already knows how I pride myself on leather crafting despite how gimped and useless it was after its mysterious nerf that I have yet to be given a valid reason for such a huge hit to it's modifiers … … … :lol::P just kidding... no seriously, fix that in 5.8.

Ain't no one going to be crafting advanced stuff with the skill wipe coming.

Please look at the snap test timeframe so its possible for EU players to join

Edited by Soulreaver

Huginn ok Muninn, fljúga hverjan dag, Jörmungrund yfir; óumk ek of Hugin,, at hann aftr né komi-t, þó sjámk meir of Munin

Gathering of Ranger videos

3 hours ago, Soulreaver said:

Please look at the snap test timeframe so its possible for EU players to join

I'm pretty sure the one hour window is because they want all staff on deck in the office to be able to monitor it. It's not a slight to the EU people, it's just being practical.

I would have had time.
If only I had become aware of the game earlier ... 
Have fun testing, hope it goes well and we will soon have it on test for Alpha2 & Betas.

Edited by Surelia

3 hours ago, KrakkenSmacken said:

I'm pretty sure the one hour window is because they want all staff on deck in the office to be able to monitor it. It's not a slight to the EU people, it's just being practical.

I know why... 

So leave it open so we have a chance to test as well, we are after all backers as well

Huginn ok Muninn, fljúga hverjan dag, Jörmungrund yfir; óumk ek of Hugin,, at hann aftr né komi-t, þó sjámk meir of Munin

Gathering of Ranger videos

3 minutes ago, Soulreaver said:

I know why... 

So leave it open so we have a chance to test as well, we are after all backers as well

I'm sure if they can leave it up, they will. 

The window is probably more about managing expectations, and driving as many people to it as possible while it's open, than it is about turning it off at the appointed time.

18 hours ago, Pann said:

1. We politely request that you do not publicly share video, screenshots or live streams from this testing session. 

Why? No one would make videos or screenshots if you would've given us the patch notes and all the info before, now people want videos and screenshots because you didn't give all the info.After all these years where you have been open with us now you want to hide away information.I think its stupid to put a soft NDA now, you let people make videos when the world was a bunch of white boxes but now when everyone is hyped for a patch and you don't give us info you put it up?

4 minutes ago, pamintandrei said:

Why? No one would make videos or screenshots if you would've given us the patch notes and all the info before, now people want videos and screenshots because you didn't give all the info.After all these years where you have been open with us now you want to hide away information.I think its stupid to put a soft NDA now, you let people make videos when the world was a bunch of white boxes but now when everyone is hyped for a patch and you don't give us info you put it up?

This is nothing new. Every major patch has come with this request. It's a temporary thing that will be lifted once the build is more stable. You'll probably be in and playing yourself by the end of the week.