Arkade

Talent System

So they brought back the archtype system basicly that they had at start in passive tree and moved them to active stuff :D
I approve

Also got character customisation cming soon too it seems

Ranger pets? some unique enhancements to their melee bombs where they become faerie bombs. (Having forest friends is great!)

Edited by veeshan

A side effect of the talent system is that vessels will be more in demand. Talents are attached to the character, not the account, and there doesn't seem to be a way to respec talents.

Also of note is that talents and disciplines are somewhat mutually exclusive, allowing for even more variety.

It also looks like we will be getting the first pass on crafting disciplines, as the Blacksmithing major disc is shown in the video.

Rangers will be happy that they can go stealth, but they have to give up archery to get it.

10 minutes ago, blazzen said:

Wonder what happens if you remove a discipline. Do you get your talent points back that you put into that tree? 

im thinking that maybe the tallent spec is what unlocks the discs for use.. so you need to unlock talent A to use disc X... if im understand that correctly gunna have to look at it again.

Looks like you don't get them back... and it's a sacrifice.. if you want them back you need a new vessel... sounds like.

Edited by Destrin

What I am thinking when thinking about this first glimpse is ... so ... how long are vessels meant to endure? If a vessel gets destroyed after a week under certain circumstances, most likely wouldn't be work the effort. And with the whole decay/damage/repair/nothing's-forever thing going on, I was kind of expecting that. This now, however, sounds like vessels are meant to endure at least a few months.

Also interesting to hear that the mount system is not really fully concepted (talents changing how they want to do mounts ... so, far from done yet). ;)

19 minutes ago, Kraahk said:

What I am thinking when thinking about this first glimpse is ... so ... how long are vessels meant to endure? If a vessel gets destroyed after a week under certain circumstances, most likely wouldn't be work the effort. And with the whole decay/damage/repair/nothing's-forever thing going on, I was kind of expecting that. This now, however, sounds like vessels are meant to endure at least a few months.

Also interesting to hear that the mount system is not really fully concepted (talents changing how they want to do mounts ... so, far from done yet). ;)

Vessels don't decay. 

22 minutes ago, Kraahk said:

You may have missed this line from the News post.

You can use one vessel forever or have a few that you switch between. It’s all up to you!

24 minutes ago, Kraahk said:

Also interesting to hear that the mount system is not really fully concepted (talents changing how they want to do mounts ... so, far from done yet).

I dunno what this statement means, but the new horsey seat on the stats/gear panel leads me to believe mounts are well on their way.

dGaa90g.png

It is the old promotion system but better. Really, we went  through some rough months where nothing cool happened but since I came around to check the forum the last few days I am hyped as ever!

What about the other system... the advantages and disvantages? Is it still a thing? Do we still have one more layer of customization yet to be implemented? I will be honest, even I am starting to think we have too much customization at this point. I love it  but I am also kinda worried. Too much freedom lol.