Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Stumpstuff

5.8 Snap Test Feedback and Bug Reports for 11/20-23

You can download the TEST and LIVE patch client from https://crowfall.com/en/client/ 

5.8 Patch Notes and Known Issues

After your playtest session, please share your feedback here and tell us about any bugs or anomalies you encountered.

If you encounter disconnection problems, showstopper bugs or any other issues preventing you from entering or playing the game, please send an email as well as your client logs* to Support@Crowfall.com. 

*Client logs can be found under your game directory in the "Download" folder. Your client log should look something like this: CrowfallClient_26452_[Computer Name].log

Leveling up to get abilities… 
Tedious and after 5 minutes already bored out of my mind.  The prospect of having to do this every time I respect is already mindnumbing.

Skill Tree : 
Looks interesting and look forward to being able to sink my teeth into it.

Map :
Fast on load..

• Unable to create 2nd character in a campaign; it says limit is reached but does allow me to make one on a different faction (but then it doesnt actually allow it).
  • Noticed a few of the Hunger Shards were respawning the second I broke them, easy farm for shards I guess?

Not really a bug, just bad placement I guess. The one outpost I captured was very close to r2 wolves, they would come into the camp and the guards would kill them and I'd get the xp and loot. went from level 3 to 11 in 5-10 minutes made 1500 cash and a poorly made socks ton of skinning. Took zero dmg. Seemed a bit to easy. Also saw some floating mushrooms. 

1. Harvesting hunger shards eats through your chicken tickers at an obscene rate. 
  2. Starting with no powers at all feels terrible.  What happened to "you start at the end game"?
  3. The adventure parcels have rank 5-7 nodes right next to the temple portal drop offs.. that seems high for a starter CW where we have no skills or gear.
  4. Movement still feels sluggish compared to other games.
  5. Framerate and server response both felt decent compared to earlier crowfall builds
  6. The talent tree concept is cool but the implementation (taking away race and class trees, gating starter powers) feels bad.
  7. Worlds look good but man those islands are tiny.  You couldn't do decent sized ones? 10 garden plots do not make a world (especially when 3 of them are the faction starter islands).

Creating an EK always failed. Seemed to happen only to EU EK's. Heard it also from others. Unfortunately it got automatically set as an EU EK and i also saw now option to choose US instead. So, no EK testing.

Same Fae-Assassin issue as shown in the video above. So, no fight testing.

No bigger packages than keep in the purchase tab, so can not check them. Or could, if I could enter EK. xD

Couldn't see or visit any other EK (maybe not public yet, though).

Besides that ... awesome awesome work.

Oh, the new vendor prize of 150 gold for 1 white non-basic resource is meant to be that high?

I had some weird sound issues where sounds were duplicating. Double swing sound effects and I had the wrong sound effects for harvesting sometimes.

THE MAP AND COMPASS ARE WRONG! This is really annoying!! Can you guys just make it to where North is as the top of the map like every other game does. It's way more intuitive than having this weird angled map. 

As for the leveling of vessel leveling for skills I don't mind it and understand why you guys are doing it. It gives new players powers individually rather than all at once + gives more hour to hour activity during downtime when you need to get sacrifice mats for your epic vessel. I hit level 8 after messing around for like 40-50 minutes and have nearly all my powers. I think there's some serious overreaction here. 

Edited by Zybak

I loaded my EK and placed some parcels and buildings and it worked great except a few times when I went to edit the map it failed to load (or was taking too long for me to wait).  It looks like EKs were not meant to be seen by other players for this snap test (I could not see Srathor's Lawn for example, and I made mine public but no one seemed to enter it).

The first time I entered the Campaign there was only base terrain that was very poorly lined up and had many terrain tears - no objects.  I ran around and was discouraged that this build was so barren.  But then I logged back in and all was fine - I saw all the buildings and trees and other players.

When I came into the campaign I had the items I had foraged and crafted in the EK.

The new features in the Campaign are great.  Foraging is fun for me and I like how this feature works.  I went to use a portal and it said "This is not for your faction" but it worked for me anyway (I don't think it was meant to be locked from me, it was from a neutral place to a neutral place.  The message might have been from a different portal in that zone that was connected to Balance, but it was nowhere near me.

It was slightly frustrating and confusing to not have any points to spend on Talents when I got into the campaign.  I understood that I was going to have to level up to get my first points, but it would have been neat to have 5 points or so to spend right out of the gate to begin my character's existence and make that first decision between two options and see how the tree works.  The requirement to earn some Talent points before slotting discipline runes is a big change from what we've been doing in builds so far, so it will take some thinking to figure out how to start up a character but I think I'm fine with how things work in this build and where things are headed.

I took some outposts, took a fort, killed some critters, harvested each type of resource and did some foraging.  I didn't come across any enemies, I did see a few allies, performance was great at all times.  I did not notice the "jumpy screen" others were reporting - I was running a half-elf assassin.

The install wizard doesn't automatically refresh disk usage as far as I could observe (though admittedly I didn't wait very long). I had to open up the Browse.. (for folder) window to get it to refresh after I uninstalled fortnite to make enough space on my SSD

I dunno if this is your own inhouse install wizard or not but I wanted to tell you that because that's how far I've got

thanks for all your hard work

Only one of my vessels has access to Tokens in my EK. I think it may have been the first vessel I entered the EK with.

There are no Sacrifice pits in EKs.

I am unable to activate PvP in my EK.

EK Stuff

Ek's set to public are not showing up to others. 

Only the vessel you started the EK with has tokens on the right parcels. Every other vessel does not. (I tried 8 by deleting three)

When you rename the ek parcel it counts as clicking it and will drop it when you try and do something else. 

In placing items in the parcels if you try and move them you get a split second load screen and the item gets let go of. 

When you G and pick up an item it changes it's status so it does not stack anymore with other items in your bags. 

Campaign World stuff. 

Hunger shards make you eat your food amazingly fast. Not sure if it is standing near them or not. I was hitting them. It was like 3/4 shards harvested and I lost 6ish tickers before I noticed later I was starving. 

Starting as a druid is VERY unfun/tedious. You start only with death tray and sacrifice as a skill that lets you chomp health to get Essence. 

You have no other way to get essence other than eat 25% of your health at a time, and no way to heal it. (Other than bandages or waiting around.) You do not get another damage skill till Past/at 4th level due to the change to faerie flames/fire when you can get the heal trey and LMB balls to heal and generate essence. Druids should be generating at least some essence somehow in death tray. Like at least a few essence a tick in death tray up to like 20 or 25% so that they can do something other than take a huge hit to damage. 

People are going to be very turned off by the blank bar, and many locked nodes. 

When you log into a campaign you are locked in. Other vessels cannot get into that campaign.  I unlocked my first vessel and left all items to get him back into my EK due to the tokens bug, but when I loaded in all my bagged items on my body and equipped items moved with me. 

Also when the servers came up I started my EK and when the campaigns came up I moved Srathor over. When I did it moved all the items I had on my vessel from the ek to the campaign including building mats. Taking transfers with it with no warning. 

As a side note. So many things have changed. It is hard to even start to compare what was done before with what we have now. I really dislike some of the race/class changes. Things like removing the gathering from the race stuff will have long term impacts. Changing Half giants into a stonemason/leatherworker is astounding to me, rather than Blacksmithing. But times will tell and I need to check out the variations, but some of that just feels wrong. Wood elves do not strike me as great blacksmiths. So I am not sure why that was shunted over and I would think it is a bug. 

Looking forward to trying some more stuff once the campaign is back up, and thanks for the hard work, it does show. And for all the bitching, so many of the vets were giddy all afternoon at the chance to try stuff. Sure there are some very rough spots but that is expected. But for the love of pete don't go 3-5 months with so much under the hat again. 6-7 hours of giddy is not worth 2+ months of frustration and anger.

Yall started this product and journey being amazingly open. I have missed that with the 30 minute stream changes, and the closed server testing.

6 hours ago, Durling said:
  1. Starting with no powers at all feels terrible.  What happened to "you start at the end game"?

@ponders that too.

I joined this game for the prospect of -not- having to level to play.   Already dont enjoy the system and find it a huge turn-off.