Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
infraction

5.8 Access

I think the access is supposed to be Alpha 1 and earlier (so anything Pre-Alpha), but I'm Alpha 2 and I'm patching, and can also see and make terrible posts in this forum, so :huh:

Edit: Well I downloaded and patched up, but am not entitled. So you can definitely view the forum while being unable to play the snap.

Edited by Hi.

It’s not typically. The last time they split Alpha 2s was when 5.3 dropped, iirc. Alpha 2 is probably a really large pool (compared to Pre-Alpha 1, 2 and Alpha 1), and if they only want a certain level of stress, splitting Alpha 2 probably makes the most sense, but only Gordon knows the real answer

Generally if they want to add +1000 testers and there's 2000 at the next access level, they start with the earliest backers and progress from there. So KS first, then 2015 post-KS, then 2016, etc. This splitting of a bracket was more noticeable in the early days when they were doing smaller tests that ramped up more gradually, but I guess it still happens sometimes.

Its just a pain to be so active on live for a while and then not get allowed to Test server.  Beta 3 here.  But I guess I will wait till next year to play again.

Sign in to follow this