Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Belantis

More recall options

With the new clusters of worlds expanding the total surface of Crowfall Campaigns I think I would be good to have the option to recall to a Tree of Life of a Keep you own.

What are your ideas on recalling and having more recall options?

Please share your thoughts!

The best skill at cards is knowing when to discard.

I'm thinking too far ahead maybe,  a stage of  the game where we have our own build cities in the campaign world.

To me it would make sense to allow a player to return to their bind point, that is the city matching their guild crest.

3 hours ago, Belantis said:

I'm thinking too far ahead maybe,  a stage of  the game where we have our own build cities in the campaign world.

To me it would make sense to allow a player to return to their bind point, that is the city matching their guild crest.

I think that takes away from the risk of having to transport your newly harvested goods if you are able to just recall back to your keep. You will take away a big part of the economy of mercenaries and thieves who capitalize on either protecting or defeating the wandering harvester. 

I hear you. But what's the difference with the recall button we have now then? You can bring your stuff to safety as well and the actual recall button is here to stay.

Is the economy of mercenaries and thieves suffering from the actual recall power? I don't think so ;)

2 hours ago, Belantis said:

I hear you. But what's the difference with the recall button we have now then? You can bring your stuff to safety as well and the actual recall button is here to stay.

Is the economy of mercenaries and thieves suffering from the actual recall power? I don't think so ;)

Depends on who you ask.  Right now mercenaries are suffering way more from the massive number of spirit bank slots and 100% area access to it.  That's a bigger escape than recall at the moment.

Spirit banks are bound to disappear as the game develops further. Recall is not. So, is recalling to a safe zone as the situation is now better than recalling to a owned Keep that can be attacked as I propose?

23 minutes ago, Belantis said:

Spirit banks are bound to disappear as the game develops further. Recall is not. So, is recalling to a safe zone as the situation is now better than recalling to a owned Keep that can be attacked as I propose?

Actually Recall is probably going to disappear. ACE has stated in the past that they want travel time to have a serious impact on the game. They probably dont want any kind of heartstone or return to base feature because it takes away from the risk of over expanding or makes defending home territories extremely easy for defenders. If a group takes over a large amount of territory they better have either enough people to field in all locations if they plan on keeping them, and pushing deep into enemy lines becomes more and more dangerous as your spawn locations might start getting further away from the conflict areas.

Recall literally exists right now because its a Pre- Alpha. Player can get stuck in terrain, clipped into structures/resources, or get frozen in an attack/harvest state and lose controll of their character. Recall exists so that those problems dont cause a player to be permanently stuck untill a GM can get on. The fact that its used the way it is is just a side effect of the fact that it has no risk, because if it did have a drawback like droping items or something no one would use it and the forum would be spammed with "GM GET ON I NEED TO GET UNSTUCK", or "THIS IS BS I GOT CLIPPED INTO WALL GMS GET ON AND FIX THIS CAUSE IM NOT LOSING ALL MY STUFF BECAUSE OF YOUR GAMES MISTAKES". 

As for spirit banks, they will continue to be in the game, they just wont work as we use them now with the freedom to drop anything in at will. The imports will be tied to campaign joining or have a time limit in the campaign for importing mats, and exports will happen at the end of campaigns and be influenced by win bonuses.

Edited by ShadowwBoi13

There are other options, and they have been talked out quite a bit. 

For example, you drop every/certain things when recalling, or you can't recall if your carrying certain types of items (raw resources).  If that was the case, bind wherever you like, and TP to where ever you like, because your stuff is going to be in a pile in the middle of wherever it was you jumped from, or simply be gone, like it is with equipped gear if you unlock from a campaign world.

Maybe the use in addition to dropping your equipped gear, would also give you a durability hit like dying. 

As long as it can't be used as a free way to haul stuff, or used as a way to avoid the risk of hauling goods in the open world, I personally don't care if they leave it in and bind it.

But consider this, it will make it much harder to deal with hit and run aggression tactics if some players bound to convenient locations, can move faster than those who have to hoof it.  That could be an interesting part of the games strategy to bind to the right locations, or it could be OP in ways we can't even imagine right now.

Edited by KrakkenSmacken

On 25.11.2018 at 2:26 AM, KrakkenSmacken said:

There are other options, and they have been talked out quite a bit. 

For example, you drop every/certain things when recalling, or you can't recall if your carrying certain types of items (raw resources).  If that was the case, bind wherever you like, and TP to where ever you like, because your stuff is going to be in a pile in the middle of wherever it was you jumped from, or simply be gone, like it is with equipped gear if you unlock from a campaign world.

Teleporting anywhere you want takes away the tactical perspective of the game. The enemy needs to have their advantage of time when they have planned perfect push for a frontline away from you, while holding the front where you fight.