Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
PapaPanda

The Future of Crowfall: Dungeons? Bosses? Special Drops?

Hello, Crowfall devs,

I am a pre-alpha tester and I love what you have done with the game so far. It took me a few days to get used to it but now that I am it's amazing. I was just wondering about the future of Crowfall and what there is in store for us alpha testers in beta. I really love Draco's Den and how there is almost a dungeon feel to it and how the spider drops special disciplines (although the disciples sorta suck). I was really hoping that you could make more dungeons in the future so are you? And if so when? If you are planning on doing it here are some suggestions that I feel would really increase the gaming quality. What I dream will happen is that there will be multiple worlds with 1-3 dungeons each with each world getting harder and harder to complete (the first world I was thinking would be boar,elk,wolf theme idk) The bosses would then drop special items or stones that got better each boss. I think it would also be a great idea to give the boss special moves and minions to make them harder because rn the spider boss is pretty underwhelming. If you know what Sword Art Online is that's what I am hoping the game turns into because it has so much potential to go in that direction. I would also love events when the game comes out or sooner if you can that give the players extremely rare items like on Christmas you can get a reindeer mount or some weapon idk. If you could do an alpha and beta event to that would be really cool so us testers get something special. Just some ideas and I didn't know where to put this so I put it in QnA and Suggestions.

-Sincerely,

PapaPanda 

13 hours ago, PapaPanda said:

Hello, Crowfall devs,

I am a pre-alpha tester and I love what you have done with the game so far. It took me a few days to get used to it but now that I am it's amazing. I was just wondering about the future of Crowfall and what there is in store for us alpha testers in beta. I really love Draco's Den and how there is almost a dungeon feel to it and how the spider drops special disciplines (although the disciples sorta suck). I was really hoping that you could make more dungeons in the future so are you? And if so when? If you are planning on doing it here are some suggestions that I feel would really increase the gaming quality. What I dream will happen is that there will be multiple worlds with 1-3 dungeons each with each world getting harder and harder to complete (the first world I was thinking would be boar,elk,wolf theme idk) The bosses would then drop special items or stones that got better each boss. I think it would also be a great idea to give the boss special moves and minions to make them harder because rn the spider boss is pretty underwhelming. If you know what Sword Art Online is that's what I am hoping the game turns into because it has so much potential to go in that direction. I would also love events when the game comes out or sooner if you can that give the players extremely rare items like on Christmas you can get a reindeer mount or some weapon idk. If you could do an alpha and beta event to that would be really cool so us testers get something special. Just some ideas and I didn't know where to put this so I put it in QnA and Suggestions.

-Sincerely,

PapaPanda 

Welcome to the forums.

Some of what your looking for will probably show up, but you have to realize, this is primarily a PvP game, and more than that, a conquest game, and not PvE centered.

PvE AI is expensive to build well, so this is a much better route to start with initially, until it gets enough traction for a really good AI budget.

The toughest bosses are going to be other players, and the best loots will be their stuff.

The above said, because the worlds end, ACE has a pile of flexibility in what it can try as it relates to totally destroying islands and even worlds.  To that end, Todd had this to say in the MMORPG interview.

A more networked form of monster will be enemies like wolves, spiders, or even zombies. These packs of creates will actively roam and fight together. They will also offer boss mobs for players to try and bring down, while constantly looking over their shoulder to fight others. Bosses like a huge wolf, a giant, or even a wyvern will be found among the packs.

The other group of monsters you will face will be War Camps. This is a military unit that might be found in the game wandering around. They can be a loose tribe or mercenaries all the way up to a full Centaur regiment that is hunting around the land. This is something the team is very excited about because players will have the ability to fight small battles or skirmishes with the units they face, again, they will be under the constant threat of battle by other players. Todd mentioned another layer that it adds to the game with Game of Thrones style mercenary camps also roaming the lands. These dynamics could lead to some amazing battles as you are facing off against centaurs and your enemies come running over the hill

Go read the full thing, it's really exciting.

BTW, I get the Sword Art Online reference. CF seems to be more season two than season one with it's dying worlds model.

Edited by KrakkenSmacken

There no reason they cant add World bosses and things like that just dont expect them to be in an instance of any kind though.
I suspect any major PvE thing like this will be further down on there to do list probaly after release at some stage. They will want some difficult PvE content for PvE players cause you need those players to have a healthy pvp game.

Edited by veeshan

Veeshan Midst of UXA

My guess and wish would be PVE areas like in the Albion Online Beta (back then before they reworked the world map). You had open dungeon areas, accessed by a gate or something and not instanced at all, just so it is not 100% obvious to the enemy right away (like the gate at the temple in gods reach). At any time during your "dungeon run" you were able to being raided by another group that just came in while you were fighting mobs, pulled more on you and your group and killed you first and the PVE mobs afterwards. This was a "perfect option" in my opinion and i hope we will see similar things like that in CF.

Anyway, I hope some devs read this post and are on my side :)

Posted (edited)

I think more PvE content wouldn't hurt the game because the current gameworld feels very boring/unimmersive besides of PVP (which is rarely happening atm)

Some intersting things to explore like Caves or Dungeons would be nice and some Worldbosses with smarter AI too (which aren't that hard to make when u know what u are doing)

But i guess none of these things will happen and the game will face the fact that less players online means less pvp which means less contetn which means less motivation to play which means even more people leaving the game because of nothing interesting to do PVE-wise in PVP downtimes

Edited by Kreigon

One Ring to Rule them all, One Ring to Find them, One Ring to bring them all an in the darkness and bind them.

On ‎11‎/‎26‎/‎2018 at 9:55 AM, KrakkenSmacken said:

PvE AI is expensive to build well, so this is a much better route to start with initially, until it gets enough traction for a really good AI budget.

Very good point. Better AI will also add a noticeable performance hit, as such I think that will be out of the question with current engine.