Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
teclus

Snap Tests

I haven’t been following as close as I should be. I have a small guild I am trying to get organized for 5.8.

My hope is that 5.8 will have enough content to keep a server populated organically. Meaning small encounters exist and have meaning. Basically, an MMO circle of life could persist.

My questions:

Snaptests are happening now on a TEST server. Then 5.8 will be released on to the “live” environment at which point, skills etc will reset?

From that point, what is planning to be layered on that would require a wipe? If that is unknown, what is the closest projection?

Trying to avoid burnout for my guild. The intention here is that Crowfall could serve as a main game going forward. If this is planned to flip back and forth with snapping and alphaing pre and post etc, probably better if we wait.

77bd026d-3a5a-4471-9742-bfe9bc9f312f_zps

There will be a wipe for 5.8. There will probably a wipe when alpha begins, and probably another one when beta begins, and yet another when the free beta begins. There will definitely be a wipe when the game soft launches.

So I would guess we will see at least 4 more wipes and possibly more based on changes to the game.

26 minutes ago, teclus said:

I haven’t been following as close as I should be. I have a small guild I am trying to get organized for 5.8.

My hope is that 5.8 will have enough content to keep a server populated organically. Meaning small encounters exist and have meaning. Basically, an MMO circle of life could persist.

My questions:

Snaptests are happening now on a TEST server. Then 5.8 will be released on to the “live” environment at which point, skills etc will reset?

From that point, what is planning to be layered on that would require a wipe? If that is unknown, what is the closest projection?

Trying to avoid burnout for my guild. The intention here is that Crowfall could serve as a main game going forward. If this is planned to flip back and forth with snapping and alphaing pre and post etc, probably better if we wait.

Another wipe will likely not occur until 6.0 alpha...   3 months or so.   This is the first "winnable" campaign and will have regular patches and updates, Note; we didn't have regular patches in 5.7 because of an update to unity built into 5.8.   Live never has snap tests or invite schedules...   once the Live servers are up, they are up 24/7 until the next Live version.   Test servers will likely get wiped later on, but nobody plays on the Tests servers once Live drops.

It is testing so the more important things to consider:

Can your players deal with bugs and broken powers...   they will be patched away but there are lots and lots.
Can your players deal with imbalanced classes...   competition drives the meta still, new metas may arise with the new promo classes but some builds just suck and one is missing.
approx. 9-12 months to launch...   will burnout be a factor or will another game kill interest?   Mainly what else is out there to hold a PvP mmo guild together.

Edited by Frykka

6FUI4Mk.jpg

Sugoi - Senpai

2 hours ago, Arkade said:

There will be a wipe for 5.8. There will probably a wipe when alpha begins, and probably another one when beta begins, and yet another when the free beta begins. There will definitely be a wipe when the game soft launches.

So I would guess we will see at least 4 more wipes and possibly more based on changes to the game.

w2zIlws.jpg