Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Pann

Promotion Classes Primer, Pt1 - Official discussion thread

Half of a repost from a community member.

I shouldn't complain but I'm spoiled and still like to. :D

5.8 is going to be pretty awesome though.

Edited by Zybak

3 hours ago, Zybak said:

Half of a repost from a community member. I shouldn't complain but I'm spoiled and still like to. :D

Coincidentally, it was your response to Yumx's post that inspired this article. You said how great it was that they had put that information together. I saw that and thought to myself, "Wow! Well if Zybak likes it, more people would like it - and it is kind of buried here on the forums..." so I contacted Yumx about using Caldera's intel as the basis for my write-up. Then, I asked Blair and Halash to make a pass through to make sure the names were all correct because I knew Tinnis would be reading it. ;)

Anywhoo, I hope that it is useful for a lot of folks - and for those who already know all of the information that was given, I hope that you'll be inspired to put together similar recommendations of your own to talk about your favorite way of loading out characters, choosing Disciplines and all that. 

Valerie "Pann" Massey, Director of Community

9 hours ago, Pann said:

Then, I asked Blair and Halash to make a pass through to make sure the names were all correct because I knew Tinnis would be reading it. ;)

text is fine, but the race/class chart is the old one missing elken cleric combo :P

unofficial one - also grouped by race and class types1-race-class-chart.png

Edited by Tinnis

caldera_forum_banner_wings.png

7 hours ago, Pann said:

Coincidentally, it was your response to Yumx's post that inspired this article. You said how great it was that they had put that information together. I saw that and thought to myself, "Wow! Well if Zybak likes it, more people would like it - and it is kind of buried here on the forums..." so I contacted Yumx about using Caldera's intel as the basis for my write-up. Then, I asked Blair and Halash to make a pass through to make sure the names were all correct because I knew Tinnis would be reading it. ;)

Anywhoo, I hope that it is useful for a lot of folks - and for those who already know all of the information that was given, I hope that you'll be inspired to put together similar recommendations of your own to talk about your favorite way of loading out characters, choosing Disciplines and all that. 

It is a good post but dividing it into parts is where I think you guys took things too far. Kinda of a cheap move really.

I will personally choose to believe you guys are focused hard on the game stuff now with 5.8 and all and thought (which I would agree) the manpower is better spent there at the moment.

i always find it silly when people "complain" about the news after 3+ years of two+ updates a week.

especially after a ) a major holiday b ) a large news release and c ) this is information that has not yet been presented in an official capacity to those that only look at 'official updates' [which will be many people who are not on the forums/tests]

i'd be happy if ACE moved to a once a week update to save themselves the pressure myself...

Edited by Tinnis

caldera_forum_banner_wings.png

23 minutes ago, Tinnis said:

i always find it silly when people "complain" about the news after 3+ years of two+ updates a week.

especially after a ) a major holiday b ) a large news release and c ) this is information that has not yet been presented in an official capacity to those that only look at 'official updates' [which will be many people who are not on the forums/tests]

i'd be happy if ACE moved to a once a week update to save themselves the pressure myself...

*Shugs* It isn't about the content but about the decision of split the already thin content in multiple parts to fill in the 'news' quota.

I know they are busy but it is still a cheap move. We are adults here, right? We can agree it is a cheap move, no? It's no big deal.

If it was me I wouldnt do it this way if only because it is too obvious. Like, unless we really have no possible news (no matter how minor) to use on thursday at all. AT ALL. This kinda gives the feeling of half-assing the updates and that is bad for everyone.

1 hour ago, BarriaKarl said:

*Shugs* It isn't about the content but about the decision of split the already thin content in multiple parts to fill in the 'news' quota.

I know they are busy but it is still a cheap move. We are adults here, right? We can agree it is a cheap move, no? It's no big deal.

If it was me I wouldnt do it this way if only because it is too obvious. Like, unless we really have no possible news (no matter how minor) to use on thursday at all. AT ALL. This kinda gives the feeling of half-assing the updates and that is bad for everyone.

You must have been upset when they split the Hobbit into three movies

12 hours ago, Pann said:

That moment when Pann name drops Zybak and my eyes about rolled out of my head...

40 minutes ago, Andius said:

W/HoA were held up as like these mystical forces of highly skilled players with legendary theorycrafters chained to a desk in some deep dungeon holding all the arcane secrets we could use to win if only we knew them.

wiDfyPp.png

Great article, great to take stuff from the community and present it that way, it shows how much you care and listen to us.

Thx and honor to the Caldera guys for the work.

But yes, after waiting for hours getting things u already know presented as news - as i am used to get something really new or more detailed - dissapointed me a bit. Knowing that probably also on thursday there will be no real news is also not what i expected. But there is still a big reveal to come and we know a lot of work is done in the meantime.

So, lets move on and lets see what will happen the next days and weeks, looking forward to it.

13 hours ago, Tinnis said:

While I don't mind the format/speed at which ACE doe's it, I also don't mind how CU's weekly updates work either. Something in between would probably be my preferred style.

ACE seems to wait until something is pretty much ready to go to test/live and or has already been pushed out to go over it. There isn't a lot of updates of day to day happenings. Which might have little value really beyond feeding curiosity, but I'm guessing someone tracks what is being done around the studio and likely could type up a weekly/biweekly/monthly overview beyond the big picture stuff.

To be fair they do also give tidbits through other formats (streams/videos) but having to watch them fully to maybe get a few new insights vs reading something likely much faster does make it harder to be in the know.

Long as things keep moving forward all is well.

Edited by APE