Stumpstuff

5.8 Snap Test Feedback and Bug Reports for 11/28

Once upon enterring combat, my primary weapon and arrows were unequipped, along with my disciplines. One of my discipline runes had disappeared in this process. I was unable to re-equip my weapon or disciplines but relogging fixed it. However, I remade the one major discipline that had disappeared before logging off. When I came back in game, all my disciplines were in my inventory (including the missing one) and I was able to re-equip all my stuff.

During the fire tornado combo, when I got shot up in the air and blinded, half my screen turned black and the other half turned white. 

I liked looking at the map, it was very helpful that it loaded quickly. Navigating through the campaign map was also a breeze. I wouldn't mind seeing the campaign map drag and drop moveable across the x axis and y axis similar to the way zone maps are movable.

The difference between adventure, siege, freecity, and beachhead zones is unclear. A tutorial video describing how the campaign world works would be helpful.

The runegates in Thracia are unclear which zone they take you to.

I got a full stack of gold in Thracia from a trade with who I assume was a dev? So I decided to level up to 30. After confirming the sacrifice for experience which results in a level, the window closes even though I wanted to sacrifice more towards the next level. As it stands, I had to exit out of my inventory and re-interact with the sacrifice fire to get back into the sacrifice window. After reaching level 30 I could drag items into the sacrifice window, but was not able to confirm. It would make sense of the sacrifice window was greyed out after reaching level 30.

Dragging and dropping an item in the inventory into the spacing between inventory slots asks if I want to destroy my item. I wanted to destroy many items in my inventory, but could only destroy one at a time.

The description for the Ranger's Archer promotion shows the hexadecimal color code prefixing "Crushing Damage Bonus Cap."

I can't drag and drop items in the action tray into a different slot in the action tray, which is counter-intuitive.

Leveling was fast and easy! i hope this speed isnt accellerated..

Snipe as a power was really underwhelming in damage

As was Go for broke

Pepperbox felt good

The green glow on group members really looks bad, I Hope we can just change the color of name tags etc.

performance/fps  was great!

being locked into a promotion class isn't fun... let us spend points whatever way we want and resepec without rerolling.

@Tyrant

Equipping the shield fighter discipline gives a passive - molon labe - that cannot be slotted at all.

Removing the shield fighter discipline deletes the shield slot from my knight and dumps my shield into my inventory.  Fortunately relogging restores the slot to my character sheet.

I am unable to turn on PvP in my EK.  It lets me select it, and submit it, it just ignores the changes I submitted.  This also applies to the description field - no matter what I put in there, it reverts to "The Starter EK"

The leveling process feels much better than it did in Friday's build - having r10 spiders give XP all the way to 30 felt pretty good.  No xp from capturing anything yet though - I'd like to see that added.

The placement of several UI elements (including the pop up alert when something is being captured in the area) all in the same spot in the top center of the screen is quite annoying.  Please let us move UI elements around if you're unable to place them where they won't interfere with each other.

Edited by Durenthal

I just had a full reset of a character, everything was wiped including levels, attributes and character customization.
Character name and vessel were not deleted just reset so I had to re level. I tried an alternate vessel but the Talent points were not able to be allocated.

- So there's a zoom/"aiming down sights" effect that occurs (sporadically) when Rangers continuously use their LMB and don't move... and I hate it. I hate that I can't control it; I hate that it's not consistent; I hate that when I cease shooting or begin moving my camera will remain zoomed in sometimes and significantly narrow my field of view; and I hate that there's no actual benefit to this mechanic at all (that I can ascertain). Can we remove this, @thomasblair:(

- Overall performance has been good, but camera hitching is affecting me much more in 5.8 than it ever did in 5.7. It's a pain in the arse while doing literally anything.

• Toast Messages would appear behind the Faction Scoreboard, blurring the message and making it unreadable 
  • Attacks From Behind don’t appear in the combat log, on Minotar Ranger at least (Happens when both using Black Masks’ Call Shadows power and striking from behind)
  • Short Swords work with Master of Swords! Huzzah!
  • When using Restoration Strike and Critical Hack with Short Words, the swords invert themselvs and I swing with the blade going threw my hand. At least with Minotaur Ranger
  • Confusing which runegate leads where when there’s more than one in an area (namely, at the Temple and Thracia)
  • Performance was good enough where as my potato didn’t freeze up completely during large engagements 
  • Power bar sometimes didn’t display powers as being on cooldown
  • Basic Hammers are crushing, but the patchnotes say they should be fire
  • Screen would rumble when a fight as happening nearby (not as crazy as EU folks have it tho)
  • EK Fort ramps can’t be lowered enough so that they connected with the terrain
  • EK Ramp Annexes can’t be arranged in an L-shaped pattern
  • EK Fort walls are really frustrating to use. Sometimes they’ll fit, sometimes they won’t, with no consistency on why.
  • Ranger doesn’t have a whole lot of disciplines that complement Brigand, most stealth-related disciplines were designed for Duelists and Assassins

Please increase the stack size of food related components. Huge amount of diff subcomponents(compared to other professions) + stack sizes of 20 make for a very full inventory.

Even if it was just the wildcrafting components that were increased it would help, but bone, pine nuts, wood grubs, water, milk, are all good candidates for the boost.

it feels like wood elf dissipiate dodge is failing a lot more. you'll use it and it will display the FX/animation, but you don't go anywhere [and dodge pip consumed]. imagine relating to terrain. feelsbad with 20 sec refresh.

Edited by Tinnis

Got this Stack of 20 instead of 1 bow grip...   was not able to repeat the dupe but I left the bench to get more dust with the experimentation window open ready for retry.   bench would not let me F to open...   logged, reopened bench and had a 20 stack like what a factory should produce.    Now I want this to occur with treated steel.
PwIVhZi.png

Human Racial effects on blacksmithing not working it seems. 

unknown.png
Even though according to human racial I should have 5 blacksmith experimentation, I do not have any. I ahve the stuff slotted to the right that you can see as well. And the passives slotted as well. 

29 minutes ago, Extintor said:

I still can't launch my EK in Europe nor move it to another location.

I thought it was just me - I cant seem to do anything in 5.8 right now except select passive skills

Bug:

• Nethari Dash - If you are holding the direction key while you hit RMB your dash will only be 10m or so rather than the full length.  If you let of of your direction input key when you hit RMB you will go the full distance.

Not all powers are registering their damage in the combat log. Last night, in the midst of a fight near a fort, I was hit by one or more attacks that did 2,825 HP of damage. In the following screenshot I'm in the midst of taking that damage, but not only is there no effect that I can see, there's no fly text either. Thanks to the de/buff UI element I can tell that the attack(s?) gave me a Dazed debuff but that's literally all that can be ascertained. That 2,825 HP of damage taken isn't listed in my combat log at all.

cDJqtFm.png

Edit: Here you can see from my combat log the 241 damage hit on ZeFx from the screenshot above, then the next recorded attack is a 315 damage hit from corvax, but that hit comes way after the 2,000+ damage taken.

DPsZJz6.png

yTaGuSq.png

Edited by moneda

example screenshot of the toast message issue, the names are generally unreadable

UMVbQyp.png

in general it would be good if we could choose to hide the 'score' UI, don't need it all the time IMO. [similar to other many other UI elements too and even collapsing whole chat]

also above head faction/shields/debuffs, hp bars and flytext numbers/statuses still obscure a large amount of screen vision

see also lobby where the chat window currently also covers over the +3 account character slots.

Edited by Tinnis

14 minutes ago, moneda said:

Not all powers are registering their damage in the combat log. Last night, in the midst of a fight near a fort, I was hit by one or more attacks that did 2,825 HP of damage. In the following screenshot I'm in the midst of taking that damage, but not only is there no effect that I can see, there's no fly text either. Thanks to the de/buff UI element I can tell that the attack(s?) gave me a Dazed debuff but that's literally all that can be ascertained. That 2,825 HP of damage taken isn't listed in my combat log at all.

Edit: Here you can see from my combat log the 241 damage hit on ZeFx from the screenshot above, then the next recorded attack is a 315 damage hit from corvax, but that hit comes way after the 2,000+ damage taken.

DPsZJz6.png

It's not as if your combat log did not show anything during those 12s, but it did not record any of the damage that you did take.
The Combat Log is great in theory, but recent testing has only been frustrating for me due to how it does NOT record so much.

It needs to be precise and accurate.
I have a similar issue and annoyance with not having 'flytext' a major amount of the time for damage taken, dealt and healed.