Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Stumpstuff

5.8 Snap Test Feedback and Bug Reports for 11/28

2 hours ago, Tinnis said:

re: starting skills - all the more reason that half elf be given a active racial power and more general 'spice' if we basically only start with auto attack and racials... [and no other racial progression no either]

We lost a lot of things from the racial skill trees; among them one crafting profession bonus (we used to have 3 types of bonuses and now we have 2), 3 harvesting profession bonus and more than 400 points in basic attributes (str, int ...)

While I was exiting the Campaign as it was dropping I lost my Character I just crafted a Half Elf Druid, I leveled it to 21 but when I unlocked it from the campaign this is what I saw.

name.png

***** Update a log out log in repaired the Name label

ctName.png

Edited by Anhrez

Don't forget, the one EK that no one will judge you for looting your guilds treasury is Anhrez's Doober Shack. Where you can take those long con gains and 'simplify' them to more easily fit in your inventory. While you are unloading your hard earned winnings, swing by the Bazaar and pick up something to celebrate your genius.

LR0tCJt.png

9 minutes ago, Anhrez said:

While I was exiting the Campaign as it was dropping I lost my Character I just crafted a Half Elf Druid, I leveled it to 21 but when I unlocked it from the campaign this is what I saw.

@Anhrez Did you log out of the campaign, or did the campaign go down while you were still in on that character?

I can certainly agree that maybe your character should have one or two of their basic abilities, not necessarily all of them as giving all of them at first and allowing modifications may end up with you modifying them more than once which can get out of control design wise.

I think that maybe they should have a basic set of 2 abilities already unlocked and replace those in the talent tree with some passive upgrades.This would go along with making a brand new, white quality vessel somewhat capable of combat in case of siege defense. You shouldn't strip out ALL combat ability with a brand new vessel. Otherwise you'll have the Darkfall situation where you can just camp people who respawn and they can't even fight back. You ended up with that a while in DF because (IIRC) upon respawn you couldn't equip things without breaking invulnerability. The situation is a bit different here but would possibly lead to the same result in sieges.

"Ok crap, I lost all of my good vessels in this huge siege, I need to go to a new one. Oh crap! I have no abilities and would need to make a run to a temple to burn a lot of items to get and then distribute those talent points" 

I like to think that giving 2 of the basic abilities would be future proofing for siege environments later. Trust me on this, it WILL suck to be in a defensive situation feeling utterly powerless. Everyone will eventually find themselves in that situation and it's not fun.

Edited by Ranik

9 minutes ago, ACE_FancyHats said:

@Anhrez Did you log out of the campaign, or did the campaign go down while you were still in on that character?

I was exiting right at the time so might have been a tie or the campaign kicked me.

Also this toon is not locked but cannot enter the EK .. which blows as its my Necro :|

Don't forget, the one EK that no one will judge you for looting your guilds treasury is Anhrez's Doober Shack. Where you can take those long con gains and 'simplify' them to more easily fit in your inventory. While you are unloading your hard earned winnings, swing by the Bazaar and pick up something to celebrate your genius.

LR0tCJt.png

6 minutes ago, ACE_FancyHats said:

@Anhrez Thank you.

I'm looking into the EK phantom lock right now.

Same thing has happened to me two different times in recent days.

I believe that in both cases I unlocked from the campaign right around the same time the campaign was coming down. The timing might matter. At first my character showed as "VeryVeryLongName" after unlocking. After a relog the name was fixed but I could not enter EKs.

In each case the "fix" was to join a new campaign that came up later. After unlocking from that new campaign the vessels could again join my EK.

Just now, Jah said:

Same thing has happened to me two different times in recent days.

I believe that in both cases I unlocked from the campaign right around the same time the campaign was coming down. The timing might matter. At first my character showed as "VeryVeryLongName" after unlocking. After a relog the name was fixed but I could not enter EKs.

In each case the "fix" was to join a new campaign that came up later. After unlocking from that new campaign the vessels could again join my EK.

That's what I'm seeing also.

Thank you! I appreciate the help.

***** Necro issue

Lungs purchased from Vendor cannot be placed in torso's when crafting

LR0tCJt.png

@DigitalChai

***** Food Buff

Bon tipper 

Sump Pot Pie 

buffs not showing on details page 

***** No Proc 

Ice Cream

Baked Ice Cream 

Edited by Anhrez

LR0tCJt.png

Jewelcrafting into weapons. Hooo Boy!

Water ground Emerald Goes in fine. 
unknown.png

Blood Ground Ruby 
unknown.png

Socketed into a hilt did not carry over gem stats.  DOH NEVER MIND It rolled them in. DOH!

unknown.png

Edited by srathor
NEVER MIND!

Snap test of 11/30 2:30pm:

• The CW for this test (War of Sorrow) was new to my vessel.  I had never played there and had to choose a faction when joining the first time.  However, the import/export counts were the same as the last CW I played (Roanoake on 11/28).  Also, the world bank in Thracia (War of Sorrow) pulled up items I lost in a local bank from the same previous test (Roanoake 11/28).
  • Chat has been down since the last patch.

13 hours ago, Soulreaver said:

EU players cant open an EK

There was a patch this afternoon with a really small snap test.
Seems we EU players can open EKs once again

Every time I use healing rain or blight with my druid I have screen shake.Sometimes with grasping roots too. It doesn't happen with my other powers.

Chat and combat log is not working.

Edited by Extintor

9 hours ago, Tinnis said:

starting skills - all the more reason that half elf be given a active racial power and more general ' spice' if we basically only start with auto attack and racials... [and no other racial progression no either]

This is why we should have starting discs in the creation screen as first planned...   to distribute or change your racial stats, passives, and racial skills, abilities.   So a human could give up the extra tray starting disc which banks 10 pts and replace with a great strength +5...   half elf could give up the starting across the boost at boost and push more into dex or int...    Even more customization because to be honest, the talent trees are bland except for the promotion classes, every toon of the same class does almost the same build up to the split.    Character Creation starting discipline like Shadowbane would go a long way to eliminating some of the barriers to variety of builds including racial bonuses to crafting (players hate these), min maxing a particular stat, adding certain more generic powers and passives (like far-sight and perception) at the cost of stats.   The system is discipline based but just at a different spot in the game...   not a huge overhaul but could fix z lot of racial lockout issues...   build your Mino Myrm to be a blacksmith at a cost of either your passive or some stats, etc.

6FUI4Mk.jpg

Sugoi - Senpai