Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Before You Respond To A Post - Check The Op's Post Count.

oridi

If it's less than 10 or 15 then they're new to the boards.  They're not worth the rage.

Now I know you think that folks should review the entire boards before they dare post but I need to let you know that they probably haven't and if they did they might have missed that previous forum battle about whether the badgers should use sporks as their main weapon.

So if they're posting about something that was brought up before, or they're talking all crazy like "why so much PvP focus" just remember that slamming their head into the wall will only either turn them off from the game altogether or drive them into the caring presence of squishy snowflakes like me.

And when we launch and you get zerged by an alliance of guilds made up of a thousand folks you frowned at when they were new to the boards I'mma gonna say I told you so.

/hug to the new folks.

pixS8Wt.jpg

The Chronicles of Crowfall           The Free Lands of Azure            RIP Doc Gonzo.

I'm gonna keep on asking them to use the search function, and read the currently active thread titles.

If they can't do a cursory amount of research, they shouldn't be trying to participate in discussions.

Its like the guy who took 1st year philosophy and "solved" an ancient discussion.

I'm gonna keep on asking them to use the search function, and read the currently active thread titles.

If they can't do a cursory amount of research, they shouldn't be trying to participate in discussions.

Its like the guy who took 1st year philosophy and "solved" an ancient discussion.

And that's a completely reasonable response.  But the rage directed at some of the new folk's posts is disproportional to the crime. 

Just trying to avoid driving new folks away as well as keeping current community members from having strokes from the indignity of someone asking a question/making a suggestion that may have already been addressed at some point, somewhere.

pixS8Wt.jpg

The Chronicles of Crowfall           The Free Lands of Azure            RIP Doc Gonzo.

I'm gonna belittle them... then post a link and tell them to search.

Now see - you directly contradicted my post and because I have tender feelings and no sense of humor I'm going to strike back and not click "like this" on your comment.

That's right, I went there.

Of course it's really only myself I'm hurting because I'm going to fret about this harsh decision on my part endlessly and keep checking back to see if anyone else checked like and then I'm going to stay up all night worrying that I've damaged you somehow and now you're quitting the game even before it comes out and it's my fault.

It's really difficult being a snowflake.  You have no idea.

Edited by Oridi

pixS8Wt.jpg

I don't mind answering their questions that have been answered 1k times because 2 months worth of info could be overwhelming to dig through. Its the ones that want their first thread to be "This Game Will Fail" that annoy me.

Edited by blackspar

I don't mind answering their questions that have been answered 1k times because 2 months worth of info could be overwhelming to dig through. Its the ones that want their first thread to be "This Game Will Fail" that annoy me.

I don't mind if they didn't read 2 months of info. But if they didn't bother to read the damn FAQ, then I tear into them.

And give them a link to the FAQ.

Edited by bairloch

I'm in this for the Experience, not the XP.

Between that and the "gender/race lock will absolutely RUIN my LIFE" special snowflakness, and the ones that make 3 new threads about that exact same thing, howling at the moon... yeah, they're gonna get attitude adjusted pretty quick, like the kid who throws a tantrum at the store.

If people are flipping out over gender locks its going to be hilarious the first time their city burns down.

You are so incredibly helpful, CYT. I don't know how I ever managed to do anything before we met. I was just bumbling my way through life, all lost-like. Thank you. My blessing cup runneth over.

SWrkfdj.jpg

They should be linked to posts and pages with discussion and information, and have their threads closed.

You spend the time to link all the important information and then PM me the thread I'll close it if it makes sense to.

nAd1VPD.png

"Agelmar is King of the Hypocrites and Ruler of the Kingdom of Hypocrytia"

Between that and the "gender/race lock will absolutely RUIN my LIFE" special snowflakness, and the ones that make 3 new threads about that exact same thing, howling at the moon... yeah, they're gonna get attitude adjusted pretty quick, like the kid who throws a tantrum at the store.

lol those are a whole other breed of snowflake.