Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Anhrez

Wildcraft Cooking .. Wall of text

I wanted to first say well done @thomasblair  @DigitalChai and any others in the team. What you guys have added to the game adds far more breadth and depth to the game then i would have guesses with sneak peek we had those many months ago. Well Done

Loving It: 

• range of food buffs - I have maybe completed mapping 25 different recipes and I am just loving the fact that combat (healing, ranged, basic attacks, etc) gathering (plentiful +, +crit chance, etc) and crafting (oh how do I love me some tippers) all have something added not counting the Stamina, Mount Speed, and other Misc lifts
  • Other items involved in the cooking - ore, Wood, Stone (flasks)  Hungershards, Bloodworms etc 
  • range of chicken ticker impact - complex things give back more health. It just makes sense. From 10 to 35 food restore and i have not gotten into the most complex recipes 
  • secondary impact  - the wilted scraps are white meaning there is value for the player who may not even cook, there is Dust and the item to be used by guild, faction or sold as part of the econ loop 
  • primary impact - well see above :D

Liking It: 

• I like the large range of items and the complexity of the recipes - Could there be a way to increase the stack size? If you are a gatherer and want to wildcraft gather you are facing a dire shortage bank space. Add in the spices/etc that come from drops boxes or vendors and the stacks of 10 or 20 we see just creates a lot of bloat 
  • Wine and mead are great, but would like to see Mead have a positive value and its debuff for dizzy
  • I like that many recipes create things i can use or use in a more complex recipe - I think a pass is needed to re-align some of the order of things. Butter is a higher recipe (sous) then some of the places its used (head) , Gnochi (sous) Pesto Gnochi (head) 

Suggestions:

• expand on other item impact - I don't see wood grubs or Zombie guts ... could be fun to see other scrounged items leveraged like Bloodworms currently are 
  • I have not seem Stealth, Far sight, Perception  .... maybe add some Positive Buffs that have debuffs added. Mead gives damage adsorb but you drop in far Sight or Perception 
  • A Community Contest to create the next best Recipe where players can name and work with team on the buff? 
Edited by Anhrez

I love it too, but inventory management is a serious problem with it.

The fact that subcomps don't stack causes a lot of waste where you literally can't use it once you have used some of a product. (IE, you make 10 of a sub comp, recipe requires 6, you have 4 left that cannot be used since cannot stack with any of your other left over 4's)

Since there is no discernible quality differences or effect on outcome for food, can we PLEASE get rid of the unique crafting ID's so if it has the same name it will stack?