Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Promotion Classes Primer Pt2 - Official Discussion Thread


Recommended Posts

Quote

Shieldsmanship is a passive that will raise your Shield Bash base damage by 100%. (Yes, 100%, that’s not a typo!)

100% of nothing is still nothing. The unmodded damage is too low to make that very appealing. Also, having Shield Slam knock the target back and then trigger Shield Bash seems kind of pointless since the target is now out of range. What is the point of Board and Board when Shieldmanship does the same thing, but to all shield attacks?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, BarriaKarl said:

I see we are short one class. Will it be featured on Tuesday perhaps?

Do you wanna build a snowman?  Too bad, tyrant hates snowmen. 

Edited by mandalore
40 minutes ago, Andius said:

W/HoA were held up as like these mystical forces of highly skilled players with legendary theorycrafters chained to a desk in some deep dungeon holding all the arcane secrets we could use to win if only we knew them.

wiDfyPp.png

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Arkade said:

100% of nothing is still nothing. The unmodded damage is too low to make that very appealing. Also, having Shield Slam knock the target back and then trigger Shield Bash seems kind of pointless since the target is now out of range. What is the point of Board and Board when Shieldmanship does the same thing, but to all shield attacks?

Knowing next to nothing about knights, I laughed out loud at the absurdity of Soulein hitting somebody out of range of his own follow ability and cursing in elvish for 30 seconds in discord. 

@soulein

40 minutes ago, Andius said:

W/HoA were held up as like these mystical forces of highly skilled players with legendary theorycrafters chained to a desk in some deep dungeon holding all the arcane secrets we could use to win if only we knew them.

wiDfyPp.png

Link to comment
Share on other sites

A few of these "Promotion" classes just inherently sound like downgrades. 
 

Champion has been demoted to a Pit Fighter. When I think of the title of Champion, I feel like it was something earned. When I think of Pit Fighter, I think of someone still earning the title of Champion.

Assassin, and expert in the field of assassination and other clandestine things. But hey, you could be a lowly Cutthroat, that feels undisciplined. Or a Vandal that sounds like the graffiti artist or someone throwing eggs at houses.

Ranger, a field specialist at home in the wilderness, expert in survival. Let's promote them to an Archer to patrol our ramparts along with dozens of other NPCs that are also Archers. 

That said, there are some that feel great! Both in a sense of an actual promotion, but also in the sense of a characters mindset. For example: The Knight, loyal and embedded to their sovereignty. Perhaps they have lost their trust and became a Swordsman (I keep wanting to call them Swordarm) Makes me think they took the life of a Mercenary. This is cool.

Other nice call outs: All the Druid promotional classes. Myrmidon and Templars are great as well. Blackguard for the Assassin I like too.

 

Anyway, just tossing my pennies into the pot.

Edited by Noc.

 

OS_Sig3.png

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 hours ago, Noc. said:

A few of these "Promotion" classes just inherently sound like downgrades. 
 

Champion has been demoted to a Pit Fighter. When I think of the title of Champion, I feel like it was something earned. When I think of Pit Fighter, I think of someone still earning the title of Champion.

Assassin, and expert in the field of assassination and other clandestine things. But hey, you could be a lowly Cutthroat, that feels undisciplined. Or a Vandal that sounds like the graffiti artist or someone throwing eggs at houses.

Ranger, a field specialist at home in the wilderness, expert in survival. Let's promote them to an Archer to patrol our ramparts along with dozens of other NPCs that are also Archers. 

That said, there are some that feel great! Both in a sense of an actual promotion, but also in the sense of a characters mindset. For example: The Knight, loyal and embedded to their sovereignty. Perhaps they have lost their trust and became a Swordsman (I keep wanting to call them Swordarm) Makes me think they took the life of a Mercenary. This is cool.

Other nice call outs: All the Druid promotional classes. Myrmidon and Templars are great as well. Blackguard for the Assassin I like too.

 

Anyway, just tossing my pennies into the pot.

So, just to make it clear, the issue is with the names and not the playstyle of the promotions?

Most of those sounds like downgrades because the basic class name is too cool. Like, any random person with daggers is considered an assassin from the start? The same happens with the champion, like you said you already go in thinking of a stabilished and badass background.

They definitelly cant make the basic classes sound less cool so the choice is making those promotion sound super cool but then we might end with dumb names. Myrm's Conqueror is one step away from becoming a issue to me, that was always a title you would give to a really badass person with big deeds under their name so just giving it like that bothers me a little. It is cool yes, but maybe a little too cool? Totally a personal issue tho.

Also, we have to take personal opnion into account. I like 'Pit-fighter' because it brings with it a nice background, someone who just doesn't go down. It fits the playstyle too. OTOH, I don't really like 'Swordman' because it is too bland. He wields a sword so he is a swordman? That's it?

We agree on Archer tho. Same as the swordman above. What about 'Marksman?'

Edited by BarriaKarl
Link to comment
Share on other sites

 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...