Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
znick

When will CF be released?

I put a cpl hundred $ out 3-4-5 years ago... when will this game be playable in a finished state?

Z

Edited by znick

You Don't Stop Playing Games when You Get Old...

You Get Old When You Stop Playing Games!

Thanks for the warm welcome. If this is the type of community that answers "find out for yourself" then you're probably right, it wasn't worth the investment.

Z

If "you put a cpl hundred out" without playing the game, or taking the time to read or research the forums. If "you put a cpl hundred out" expecting the community to coddle or spoon feed you answers that have been given hundreds of times before, then maybe your sense of entitlement is bigger than your wallet.

OMG, things took a dark tone there.

Yo, Znick my man, how you doing?

I don't think we have a official estimate right now. If I had to give a date I would say in more than 6 months and less than a year. So, late 2019?

Six months 'cuz we still have stuff to do. Nothing too crazy but a couple of importants things. Like frostweaver.

! year 'cuz like I said we already seem to have gone through all the major stuff. The first proper campaign just went up on the Test Servers. They are working on mounts -- That would classify pretty low in my personal to-do List. It really seems we are moving to the final stage of development.

Hey there,

i would also add that this dev-team is a really special one. i guess they want to go their way as the progress is there. i am sure they have their internal masterplan with maybe a releasedate, but most of us have the same knowledge than you about the date. it feels like to get the game started they are at 75 or maybe 80 %, about what is planned to be there maybe its 60 or even 50% of the workload done (all numbers just from my little perspectrive!). there is a huge update on the way which is announced to be the first time the game has its coreelements in and is actual full playable (first campaign). so as mentioned before, some say it will be mid 2019, others say late 2019. i think for me there is a place to invest most of my onlinetime coming around the corner right now.

so far my opinion to your question.

Thanks for the welcome BarriaKarl, and for the thoughtful answers from Surelia and miraluna.

Initially I was under the impression the game would already be released by now, and then it was changed to "beta in 2018" but that obviously isn't happening either so I figured I'd ask to see if there were people here who had done more research or had some inside insight. Just doing forum research as "Mr. Personality" suggests above results in more dates than I care to copy and paste, lol. 

Yeah a simple question did take a dark turn... every forum has its trolls, folks with an obvious lack of people skills, or who feel they need to lash out and bully strangers on the internet because their parents didn't let them have sugar on their cereal when they were kids. I just found one sooner than later.

Anyway, I'll be patient and wait.  :)

Z

1 hour ago, znick said:

Thanks for the welcome BarriaKarl, and for the thoughtful answers from Surelia and miraluna.

Initially I was under the impression the game would already be released by now, and then it was changed to "beta in 2018" but that obviously isn't happening either so I figured I'd ask to see if there were people here who had done more research or had some inside insight. Just doing forum research as "Mr. Personality" suggests above results in more dates than I care to copy and paste, lol. 

Yeah a simple question did take a dark turn... every forum has its trolls, folks with an obvious lack of people skills, or who feel they need to lash out and bully strangers on the internet because their parents didn't let them have sugar on their cereal when they were kids. I just found one sooner than later.

Anyway, I'll be patient and wait.  :)

Z

Welcome.

The answer is "When it's ready."

If ACE isn't happy with the product, as in they don't think it's worth people paying for yet, they are not going to rush it out the door to meet some publishers deadline. They want a quality game more than to hit some arbitrary deadline.

But know this, they are pushing hard, very hard, to get it done with quality ASAP.

Since you backed, several big and great changes have pushed back the timeline.  Things like the race/class split have added time to the initial estimate.

5.8 is going to be from all appearances, a very playable game though.  

Edited by KrakkenSmacken