Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Atome

Is Release any closer

22 minutes ago, Verot said:

I'm still of a mind that the rate at which gear/tools degrade needs to be slowed down as it definitely feels like a 2 steps forward 1.5 steps back. Yes I am aware that better tools/training will mitigate a lot of those issues, but it does little to help the new player experience, and as we all know if the new player experience is trash then we will have empty servers in 2-4 months.

I don't agree.

Getting your first set of "real" gear is quite a bit of work, and that might do with some adjustments depending on how easy it is to find the player markets, but advanced gear does not degrade so fast that you are worried about them breaking before you can afford replacements, unless you are doing nothing economically.  

The basic tools, yea those degrade quick, but they also replace quick.  30 seconds and 3 wood and your done.  Once crafters find the required quality sweet spot, and have some training, higher end versions with more durability will start to show up on the market.  The 3 pips with no training is not enough to push the effectiveness up enough to justify pushing into durability, but in a few months at most, the masters will be able to max out all the pips on white, with a very high chance of amazing success rolls. 

Those will end up on the open market for new players to buy probably pretty cheap.  It was already getting that way on 5.7, and with all the skill resets we are experiencing literally the worst starting economic environment, repeatedly.

Edited by KrakkenSmacken

I'm in agreement when it comes to advanced gear, I'm just of the mind that when I'm starting out a new game it feels quite tedious to make a new mining pick every 5-10 minutes. Maybe have it so that basic items degrade 50% slower when mining basic resources. At this level of the game, again you don't have the training and resources to have 5+ doobers dropping each time you destroy a node. I would need to do a real world example to see how many trees I can cut down before my ax breaks, but even if it is 15, that means 20% of my resources are consumed just so I can make a new ax to continue getting basic resources. I understand the need to balance for late game play, but its also not fun forcing tedium on players for the first few months of a game when you are really trying to hook them.

1 minute ago, Verot said:

I'm in agreement when it comes to advanced gear, I'm just of the mind that when I'm starting out a new game it feels quite tedious to make a new mining pick every 5-10 minutes. Maybe have it so that basic items degrade 50% slower when mining basic resources. At this level of the game, again you don't have the training and resources to have 5+ doobers dropping each time you destroy a node. I would need to do a real world example to see how many trees I can cut down before my ax breaks, but even if it is 15, that means 20% of my resources are consumed just so I can make a new ax to continue getting basic resources. I understand the need to balance for late game play, but its also not fun forcing tedium on players for the first few months of a game when you are really trying to hook them.

I'll agree on this. 

Basic tools should have the base line durability bumped up. If it's trivial to get a new one, (in the field, only three wood, etc), then why make it a grind?

Intermediate, not so much, because the + on them is actually competitive with some crappy rolled advanced tools.

But to be fair, you can chop down the knotwood trees in three swings now, so you do get about 30-1 wood conversion ratio. and it takes me all of 20 seconds to make a new one.  

I heard they plan on dev'ing the game for another 100 years and then when time travel comes out they go back in time and do a 2016 q1 launch.  Prove me wrong. 

40 minutes ago, Andius said:

W/HoA were held up as like these mystical forces of highly skilled players with legendary theorycrafters chained to a desk in some deep dungeon holding all the arcane secrets we could use to win if only we knew them.

wiDfyPp.png