Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
eliteduck

Font used in Crowfall logo?

Hello all,

I am curious as to what font the Crowfall logo uses. If it is custom, what fonts look similar to the one used in the website?

I'm so glad you asked that question. :) If you manage to lay hands on it or get a close facsimile, would you spread the word around? Thank you!

I'm so glad you asked that question. :) If you manage to lay hands on it or get a close facsimile, would you spread the word around? Thank you!

If I find out which font it is, or a similar looking font, I will make a big thread on here and on my fan site.

Looking for a Crowfall Guild or looking for members for your Crowfall guild?

http://crowfall.lfg.pw

Great questions and here is the answer:

The logo is made up of three freely available fonts called MiddlesAges, CapitalsTypeOasis, and Imperator. It has many custom crafted elements such as the bird, character scale, spacing and weight.

The fonts used elsewhere on the site and marketing are from the popular OpenSans family which are also freely available. 

cflogo_fontconstruction1.png

Billy Garretsen - UX Design Lead, ArtCraft Entertainment, Inc. 

[Personal Portfolio]

Great questions and here is the answer:

The logo is made up of three freely available fonts called MiddlesAges, CapitalsTypeOasis, and Imperator. It has many custom crafted elements such as the bird, character scale, spacing and weight.

The fonts used elsewhere on the site and marketing are from the popular OpenSans family which are also freely available. 

So was the C hand lettered or just altered? It looks like it tapers off more than any of the Cs from the fonts you used.

Edited by blackspar

So was the C hand lettered or just altered? It looks like it tapers off more than any of the Cs from the fonts you used.

It's been a bit, but if I remember correctly, I modified the Middle Ages C by duplicating the initial shape, offsetting by a few pixels to thicken it out, and then cleaning up stray verts. Lastly I probably removed 1 or 2 verts from the tip to create the taper at the bottom. The downside of so much modification is that it is no longer a live and editable text field, so I try and do it sparingly.

Technically I could create brand new fonts using all these custom shapes BUT WHO HAS THE TIME!!!!!!?????

:)

Billy Garretsen - UX Design Lead, ArtCraft Entertainment, Inc. 

[Personal Portfolio]

I love typefaces. I work as a reprographic artworker so I'm constantly having to tweak fonts about. It's gotten to the point now where I read a menu at a restaurant and I'm more interested in the fonts they've used and how it's been printed rather than looking at what I can order.

I really like the logo.

Technically I could create brand new fonts using all these custom shapes BUT WHO HAS THE TIME!!!!!!?????

Have you ever had to work in an environment where people who modify fonts do so without first making backups of originals, where there is no central library for fonts saying "DO NOT MODIFY THESE DAMN CUSTOMER FONTS". Then you go to open an illustrator file only to find the font is different and there about a million variations yet the client specifically asks for the non modified version yet you can't find it because some nit-wit doesn't know how to save things properly.

I have, it's great.

Oh and our "colour guy" once told me he wanted a "light version, a medium version and a dark version" of a particular logo. OK mate, thanks for that completely accurate description of what you want, it's not like I could do that in a hundred different ways and when this hits the printer the client is going to rage because it's not what they wanted you buffoon.

Damn, good times were had there... I miss the complete disarray/anarchy from time to time.

Edited by big boss

There's only room for one Boss. And one Snake...