Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Tyrant

5.8 Snap Test Feedback and Bug Reports for 12/1-12/2

- I'm joining team Remove Minimum Point Allocation to Reach Desired Talents. I found ways to skip talents I didn't want/need (for now) but it's annoying to need to do that.
- Please allow me to change "next chat tab" to something other than the TAB key. :( 

Bugs:

- Powers that require ground targeting and are assigned to the E key do not work.
- If the player moves the map it will revert back to its original position when it "refreshes."
- Clicking on "What happened to you?" in the combat log tab removes all text in the "Your actions" section.

Edited by moneda

Screen shaking still happening, logs sent to support@.

Soemtimes after crossing a runegate or dying it looks your talents are not being applied because your disciplines are in your inventory, your powers dissappeared and the armor type granted by the final talent is dissabled.

When you try to invite some people to a group it says "target not found".

Otherwise, fun test. :)

3 minutes ago, Extintor said:

Screen shaking still happening, logs sent to support@.

Soemtimes after crossing a runegate or dying it looks your talents are not being applied because your disciplines are in your inventory, your powers dissappeared and the armor type granted by the final talent is dissabled.

When you try to invite some people to a group it says "target not found".

Otherwise, fun test. :)

IMO these 3 are some of the major bugs for this current build.

Screen shake.

Talents randomly being unapplied.

Unable to invite group members in EK's or campaigns.

Found one of the talent reset triggers.

If my talents had already reset, and I still have equipped disciplines I no longer had access to, and I spent all the points so that a slot opened up, equipping a discipline punted all disciplines to inventory, and locked all disciplines. 

Re-login fixed it.

First time through when spending 34 points, after spending 32, I had to re-login to spend the final two, even though it showed that I should have been able to.  

Fae Assassin. 

Attempting to enter another EK, was placed back into my own EK.

New Vessel Solved that.

Not sure what changed, but last build I was locked at 60 FPS, this build I am not.

Always hearing the hitting the ground sound, in addition to whatever I am harvesting if it's slag or stone.

Edited by KrakkenSmacken

Hi, i've tested just after the end of the snap test of the Campaign. Too bad, will be testing an other day. 

But, i've played on my EK, and there was bugs when i've tried to join the EK of an other player. To make it work i deleted my character and make a new one. 

About harvesting, this is maybe more interesting for higher materials to recolt but the target appears too late compared to the beginning of the animation of the tool. So it's really hard to hit it and it make it a bit useless cause you're not able to hit with your second hit because it will have diseappear. 

• The talent tree seems 90% done to me, it's a great first pass but I feel like I'm not making many difficult choices. Lower the "Gates" from 15/28 to 12/25 and add a few more nodes in each class. Perhaps move some of the skills that are on the main track. As is I still see discipline skills still potentially losing out to just using the default skills after unlocking them. 
  • Vessel switching feels clunky and somewhat immersion breaking. I'm not big on immersion but the current method just feels weird to me. 
  • The map sometimes seems a bit too dense with resources. Maybe a small reduction to allow more open areas to breathe.
  • Watchtowers were a bit spammy in some places. I think there was one area with 3 of them all easily within distance of one another.
  • The Campaign map is nice and informative while not giving away too much, and I like the island map as well, but what happened to revealing the map yourselves? I guess the cartography stuff got pushed back

Bugs:

• Talent tree resets were very present. They were resetting, partially resetting, staying set but not unlocking skills etc etc. 
  • When running through a hunger shard I got stuck in the "Walking" status. I thought it was a food issue but eating didn't reset it. I had to log out.

• Third CW in a row that shared the imports/exports and local banks with each other.  I'm assuming this isn't intended since they've all had different names.
  • Combat powers suffer from the same issues I have while harvesting in the EK - the animation plays but the power misses as if it never took place.  Energetic harvest ultimate sometimes has to be triggered three times in a row before it activates and charges the pips (the animation plays all three times).  With combat powers, the animation plays and the cooldown begins, but the resource isn't charged and no damage occurs.
  • The scoreboard widget lags far behind the map scoreboard regarding +potential points.  The widget only seems to update at the same time points are added where the map scoreboard updates as soon as outposts/forts/keeps change hands.
  • Haven't had a single client log generate for me in this new version.
  • We could squeeze a lot more testing in on the talent system if you'd drop a sacrifice brazier on the EK dragon statue.
  • Please let us zoom the camera in during character creation to see all the details.  Thanks.
Edited by Hyriol

Not sure if has been raised before but have struck the following;

Created EK on a standard vessel, placed parcels and buildings with this vessel. deleted old vessel and changed to a new vessel. Can no longer edit parcels or place/move buildings. /ekvassal commands no longer work either.

2 minutes ago, Grivyn said:

Not sure if has been raised before but have struck the following;

Created EK on a standard vessel, placed parcels and buildings with this vessel. deleted old vessel and changed to a new vessel. Can no longer edit parcels or place/move buildings. /ekvassal commands no longer work either.

I had the same issue, you should be able to pickup parcel with new vessel then you can place it again and replace the buildings.  That was my work around

5 hours ago, Stumpstuff said:

Go to where the test client is downloaded. Click on the download folder. There should be files that look something like this, "CLIENT_20181201180747.log" Grab the newest one from today :) Let me know if you have any other issues finding them.

Seems to be working again, I can get into my EK, set skills and other stuff that I couldn't earlier.  fingers cross

Unlocked my myrmidon from campaign. 

Entered tonight's USA snap test. 

Had no discs equipped but discs in inventory that I couldn't equip.

Relogged and now have discs equipped plus the same discs in my inventory. So it essentially duped my discs.

unknown.png

I had spent 14 talent points on the beach head. When I went to the brazier to sacrifice items and I gained a level, the spent points became unspent. I tried removing items into my inventory and relogging, but they remained unspent. First time since testing that that happened to me.

Able to wear plate on myrmidon now if specced battle rager. I reported earlier that I thought it might be a bug that this capstone talent didn't grant plate. It appears it does grant plate now but needs tooltip needs updated. 

unknown.png

DPS Templar's "Blazing Light" is causing massive freezing lag. Pretty game breaking at the moment so you guys should work on that one ASAP.

Talents resetting randomly on re-zoning/relogging is pretty bad too.

There's also a bug where certain players can't be invited to groups with a player not found message. 

Myrmidon's Whirlwind damage either isn't registering sometimes or doesn't show up as fly text. (On players in particular)

Edited by Zybak

This was a small lockup compared to the ones later...

So templar's divine light (by far the worst offender), Cleric holy symbol and, fessor fire box cause a memory leak that leads most people to lock up and about half crash please fix :D

Also you still cannot invite in EKs it says target is not found.

Edited by Balathan

- Excess XP after leveling, because you can never have exact xp to turn in every situation, does not roll over to the next level. Not sure if that is a bug or something that has not or  is gonna be a thing.

- Colossal Smash boosts my character, when not aimed at a enemy, a far distance. Not sure if this is suppose to be the new way it works instead of the 5-10 meter jump that happens or a bug.

- Noticed I wan't able to use more than one buff at a time. i.e. Vengeance and berserk one after the other.

- Cooldowns pop up for 1 second after using an ability and then disappear as if the ability was never used so I have to guess when it is back up.

- One thing I noticed and like was that the Home screen or main menu is a lot more compact. Don't have to go to several different layers to do things. Had a nice flow to it and ran way better that the last version.

That's all I got for now.

I bought in back in 2015 and come back every now and then, and was part of the test tonight and have to say I was disappointed as I have been in the past.

I was able to play fine, but my first 75-90 minutes was spent running around doing absolutely nothing but try and find a fight. The map is layed out oddly and hard to read, can't be accessed while moving, and frankly WAY too big for an event like this. Even when I knew where some action was and I gated to the proper map by the time I ran for 10 minutes (NOT fun!) to get to the fighting it was over.

I would have happily stopped to fight some mobs had there been any, but it seems like a world that is still lifeless and vast. Bigger is not better without any fast travel.

Once I found combat it was still as sluggish and unresponsive as in the past. There's a delay between when I click a button and my character takes action, and my biggest complaint was healing. Why, after a fight is over, does it take 8-10 minutes to refresh from 50% of HP to full? I was not hungry, was in gathering mode, and even had spells to assist since I played a Cleric. Why can't we heal and jump right back in?

I have the same opinion I've had every time I test the game. I love the EK/campaign concept and number of classes, as well as the incredible number of skill choices, etc.. It's probably the best I've seen in this way. However the combat is lackluster and everything feels slow. 

I can get over the older style graphics but feel like everything is in slow motion... which is SO disappointing, because like I said above I WANT to like this game.

Hopefully things improve in the future... I'll test again as things move forward.

Z

Edited by znick

Thanks for the ability to level and test completed characters.

I leveled up a ranger to test the new stealth promotion class.

I noticed the brigand does not get access to "Runic" bows of any kind..

Will Bow disciplines allow access?

If not I hope you decide to not lock us out of the other 2 talent trees.

In Wow- Talent trees were open and you could put a few in each tree for a true hybrid.

What I noticed:

1. I had several freezes that lead to crashes to deskstop.  One of those freezes brought my PC to a hault and I had to reboot.  This always happened while fighting.  The last few lock ups I happend to be watching the Task Manager and I noticed Crowfall memory usage sky rocketing.  So there must be some major memory leak that mainly manifests during fighting.

2. The group invite bug was a major issue.  Some people we were playing with could never be invited to a group.

3. After the EU play test ended, I went into a friends EK with my campaign character.  I noticed that my disciplines were yellow now. I was not sure why.  I removed one discipline so I could add a crafting discipline and found out that I could not add a crafting discipline because that slot, where I had removed a discipline from, was now locked.  I then looked at my talent points and noticed that all of my talent points had been refunded. In order to use my disciplines again I had to reallocate  my talent points again.

4. The first EK lock bug is alive and kicking.  I went into my friends EK and then tried to go into my own EK and it sent me back into my friends EK.  The plus side of this is, if my friends EK is full, I can still get in. :)

5. Can we raise the player limit on EKs to maybe 20?

Made a new guy burning a newly crafted green vessel and was unable to log into the campaign.  It got stuck on loading the character.

I relog one or 2 more times and then looked more closely at it (shown below).  I also left the campaign and couldn't log into the EK on this character.  Other characters worked just fine.  The character name was like "woodworking blacksmith 2" and on a different account of mine.

Edit: oh and the vessel was consumed which made for a bad user experience.  I'll craft another.

pAM1T4p.png

Edited by Zage