Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
znick

Can One Char Be a Crafter and a Fighter?

Maybe I don't totally get the system yet but it seems that I have to choose from putting my points into combat skills or crafting... so is there a way to do both well, or not really? (or do I not understand the leveling yet?)

Z

9 hours ago, znick said:

But can I use more than one tree at a time or do I need to use different characters? (I watched a video about this but don't totally get it)

Z

For skill training, you can train 2 of combat, crafting and exploration. So if you want, you can train both combat and crafting on the same account. However, you will absolutely want different vessels for each, as you will want to focus on different stats for crafting vs combat.

Skill training is always active. As long as you train on it you will get the bonuses granted on any vessel (or char) you use. It is a account-wide thing.

The only hurdle here is time. Like people said above you can train in 2 trees simultaneously out of combat, crafting or exploration. With no time loss since you would progress on both at the same time.

EDIT:

Removed innacurate info. Sorry guys, I have shamed my family.

Edited by BarriaKarl

36 minutes ago, BarriaKarl said:

So the answer is depends.

VIPs will be able to be good in one tree and okay (but not as good as someone 'maining' that tree) in another tree (depends on the second track training speed tho).

Non-VIPs are screwed wont realistically be able to train into two and be competitive. Dividing your time between 2 trees (remember no more simultaneous training without VIP) will end-up making you subpar at both. Really, non-VIPS wont be competitive if they don't focus.

That sounded not like you see it in one of the last dev-vids!

VIP and passive Training are not releated anymore atm. No answers about VIP-effects atm.

2 hours ago, BarriaKarl said:

But the thing people aren't saying is that that is a VIP perk. Everyone is being considered VIPs right now, and if you are currently playing you most lkely got some VIP months as backer, but this detail changes the whole deal.

VIPs will be able to be good in one tree and okay (but not as good as someone 'maining' that tree) in another tree (depends on the second track training speed tho).

Non-VIPs are screwed wont realistically be able to train into two and be competitive. Dividing your time between 2 trees (remember no more simultaneous training without VIP) will end-up making you subpar at both. Really, non-VIPS wont be competitive if they don't focus.

This is all old information.

They recently announced that there will be no training difference between VIP and non VIP, with both getting the same two training lines. 

They wanted to take out all pay to win appearance, and completely remove money from the being better equation.

Oh, thanks guys. I just kinda remembered VIP affected it and just googled 'skill tree training vip crowfall' which took me to that exact page.

I would say they shouldn't depend so much on the vids as source of info. That kinda of change ought to be present in text.

I tried to find it but all info I found seems outdated. I will just believe y'all. Really, it is kinda of embarassing that finding proper information in this site is so hard.

6 hours ago, BarriaKarl said:

Oh, thanks guys. I just kinda remembered VIP affected it and just googled 'skill tree training vip crowfall' which took me to that exact page.

I would say they shouldn't depend so much on the vids as source of info. That kinda of change ought to be present in text.

I tried to find it but all info I found seems outdated. I will just believe y'all. Really, it is kinda of embarassing that finding proper information in this site is so hard.

https://old.reddit.com/r/crowfall/comments/9ywqr1/vip_no_longer_gives_extra_training_no_more_pay_to/ea4rak8/