Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Hey there,

so i've backed CrowFall a while ago and checked on developement every now and then, so i have an almost ok understanding what this game is about and how it will eventually play out,
but dont have first hand experience or all that good stuff. I have quite a lot of questions where i want to find my own answer when the time is right.

A question i want to ask though is if there will be any Rifles the lets say Ranger and/or Duelist can carry.
See - i have a fantasy about how i will play the game.

I want to primarily focus on being a crafter / explorer, supplying warring Guilds, people and whatnot with some kind of crafted things (haven't decided yet) or general supplies.
So i want to venture out into these Campaings, Fields, and whatnot searching for Ressources and at the end of the day come back to my Dump of a Workshop.
Here comes in my Class Fantasy. 
I want to do it in a kind of pioneerish, cowboyish, hunterish kind of style with like a Musket or Rifle.

I know this Games Time Period will be more set into the High-Fantasy kind of style, but as the Duelist can already wield a Pistol a Musket wouldn't be far off, or not?

Is there something planned, already ingame or something to that extend?
Or is this already ironed out what kinda weapons are in the game and which class can hold wich weapon?

Either way, a bow will be just fine but a Musket-Type Rifle?
Dang.. that would make me so satisfied.

Have a nice Day!

- Clitoreus

At the moment, based on the story of the game, pistols are a guinecean invention.

I have never heard any plan to add muskets (although I agree it would be damn cool), but if there is any, it will probably be exclusive to the guineceans.

Thing is in history the bow was better than muskets in practically every way in a warriors hand, things guns had over bows was practacility and easier to carry larger amount fo ammo and easier to get said ammo.
Bows vs guns stat wise Bows had better accuracy and fire rate more internal dmg however bullet cause more bleeding out side it didnt block wounds like arrows did.
Guns bonus was smaller ammo size so easier to carry larger amount of ammo around and easier to produce said ammo although harder to get material to some degree.

Edited by veeshan

Veeshan Midst of UXA

33 minutes ago, veeshan said:

Thing is in history the bow was better than muskets in practically every way in a warriors hand, things guns had over bows was practacility and easier to carry larger amount fo ammo and easier to get said ammo.
Bows vs guns stat wise Bows had better accuracy and fire rate more internal dmg however bullet cause more bleeding out side it didnt block wounds like arrows did.
Guns bonus was smaller ammo size so easier to carry larger amount of ammo around and easier to produce said ammo although harder to get material to some degree.

It was vastly easier to make bows and arrows then to make gunpower/balls/muskets. Bows were harder to master, requiring a skilled user for it to be effective. Muskets on the other hand were perfect for any slag to use. Point and shoot and win. Learning to use swords, bows, pikes, ect took training and manpower and life expectancy were in short supply. The other issue was bows had problems against plate armor. These 2 factors were the main reason the bow and eventually the crossbow as well, were replaced by gunpowder. Right after gunpowder weapons become more widely used plate armor faded from the battlefields. Although the metal breastplate with ever increasing angle did stay in service for quite a while eventually gunpowder weapons had enough force to even end their use. If you look at the evolution of the breastplate you will see that it went from flat chest to quite the angle.

8 minutes ago, mystafyi said:

It was vastly easier to make bows and arrows then to make gunpower/balls/muskets. Bows were harder to master, requiring a skilled user for it to be effective. Muskets on the other hand were perfect for any slag to use. Point and shoot and win. Learning to use swords, bows, pikes, ect took training and manpower and life expectancy were in short supply. The other issue was bows had problems against plate armor. These 2 factors were the main reason the bow and eventually the crossbow as well, were replaced by gunpowder. Right after gunpowder weapons become more widely used plate armor faded from the battlefields. Although the metal breastplate with ever increasing angle did stay in service for quite a while eventually gunpowder weapons had enough force to even end their use. If you look at the evolution of the breastplate you will see that it went from flat chest to quite the angle.

yeah forgot to mention skill requirment, remember went back to edit it but forgot what i was editing lol :P
I like when people tell me musket are accurate and have longer range than a bow :P
like face palm there a reason they lined up in giant lines to fire simply to increase there chance of hitting notmal a like of like 50 people might hit 2-3 at a time lol

Edited by veeshan

Veeshan Midst of UXA

I love it when we debate historical accuracy in a fantasy game.... lets make sure the in-game musket is only able to fire approximately 1-3 round per minute depending on your character's training.

Op's request for muskets in game seems pretty cool though.

Edited by Verot
  • 2 weeks later...

TBH I wouldn't want to see muskets until some sort of expansion content that also adds a lot of cultural cross contamination based on these races interacting with each other.

The reason why pistols, and specifically pistols are the only firearms is, I'd imagine, because they're a guinecian invention. Guinecians being kinda too small to weild something with a rifled barrel long enough to get the benefit of that accuracy. So they invent guns, and those guns are pistols.

In order for rifles to exist in the crowfall universe, you'd first have to address, lore-wise, that this cultural cross-contamination had happenned, which would likely represent an entire era of crow-led war against the hunger already having passed. As I understand it, in terms of the game's timeframe, the shattered worlds and the hunger are a relatively recent phenomina for the crows we play as.

The "purity" of race features right now is kind of a reflection of that. Aside from a few special circumstances there haven't been enough fully integrated communities for such an item to become commonplace, as a rifle would necessitate guinecians and larger folk living, working, and fighting side by side in large enough numbers and for long enough that their aritsans would see a need for, theorize, and discover the benefits of rifling when used in a man-or-larger sized rifle.

PopeSigGIF.gif

Rub rock on face and say "Yes food is eaten now time for fight"

2 hours ago, PopeUrban said:

adds a lot of cultural cross contamination based on these races interacting with each other.

I simply cannot imagine how a guinecian would mount a centaur to produce offspring, but keep the dream alive my friend....

Clearly Ms. Clitoreus is suffering from a Fevered Phallus Fantasy if she wants long guns added to the game. But that is the least of her delusions, and there is no way to disabuse her gently, regarding her fanciful dream, of "supplying warring guilds"  with anything.

Ms. Clitoreus will most likely end up with her head circumcised from her shoulders and her backpack looted dry. And I am disappointed in my fellow Crows for enabling this fallacious and dangerous daydream.

I mean really guys... are we really going to talk about muskets and bows, when what Ms. Clitoreus really wants is a Corvax Lever Action Re-peter. 

14 hours ago, mystafyi said:

I simply cannot imagine how a guinecian would mount a centaur to produce offspring, but keep the dream alive my friend....

CULTURAL

PopeSigGIF.gif

Rub rock on face and say "Yes food is eaten now time for fight"