Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Castles, Fortresses, EKs?

Verse

So this may sound like a odd way to go about it, but I am a new backer who has been watching the game since the kickstarter. I have recently purchased a 2016 sapphire bundle do to wanting to take part in the projects development and learn the game as to be a top player early on. I have been doing a lot of reading and was wondering what are the true perks of having the assets that come with my bundle like the small castle pack and Large fortress and all like how will EK run as in mechanics and etc. I watched the two videos on eternal kingdoms but it didn't tell to much.

1 minute ago, Verse said:

So this may sound like a odd way to go about it, but I am a new backer who has been watching the game since the kickstarter. I have recently purchased a 2016 sapphire bundle do to wanting to take part in the projects development and learn the game as to be a top player early on. I have been doing a lot of reading and was wondering what are the true perks of having the assets that come with my bundle like the small castle pack and Large fortress and all like how will EK run as in mechanics and etc. I watched the two videos on eternal kingdoms but it didn't tell to much.

Welcome to the forums.

Well, in my experience and opinion, basically EK's are the player housing areas of Crowfall. They are not meant to directly influence the campaigns (you can't transfer walls into campaigns for example), so having a lot of stuff won't help you winning. 

You can use strongholds to create market places, social hubs, crafting centers, pvp arenas and similar things. They only provide the least quality resources.

So, it's a nice thing to have, but it's not really a have-to. Though being able to craft in the EK's, without any danger, might count as an advantage.

Eternal Kingdoms are basically housing, but on a larger scale than most other games. You can set up vendors in your EK and sell stuff to other players. You can invite other people to be nobles and/or vassals in your EK, which gives them certain rights within your EK. For example, nobles can place parcels. Vassals are at the parcel level, so you might have a noble that places a parcel in your kingdom, and that noble might have a vassal within that parcel. The noble can then give tokens to their vassal, allowing them to place buildings.

Tokens are by parcel. Each parcel has a number of different tokens based on the size of the parcel. The smallest parcels have no tokens and thus cannot be built upon. The default parcel, where the statue is, also has no tokens and cannot be built upon. So before any buildings or defensive structures can be placed, at least one parcel has to be placed that has some tokens.

If you are in your EK and you open your character sheet, you will see a bunch of icons above your inventory. These are the tokens you have within the parcel in which you are standing. Left side is buildings, right side is defensive structures. They range in size from extra small to extra large. Each deed lists the required token size to place it. Tokens can be granted to your nobles and vassals via slash commands. Click on the question mark icon at the top right of the chat window to see the commands.

Parcels and buildings can all be crafted in-game and players can pool their parcels and buildings together into a single EK and set up shops. EKs also allow you to set PvP on or off, and it could be a place where guilds practice, or where they meet to hang out when they aren't in the middle of a campaign. You could focus on building up your own EK, you could join someone else's EK, or you could belong to many EKs, having a vendor in each, if that's what you want. 

EKs will also be a place to house relics and artifacts. These are statues which can be placed in special buildings that will give a limited number of buffs that persist in the campaign worlds. Relics and artifacts will need to be earned via campaigns and/or possibly crafted. The relics/artifacts aren't in game yet, though, so we don't know exactly how it will all work.

Edited by Arkade

Thanks for that response! That helped me alot. I was hoping that EKs weren't pay to win type things so i'm glad to hear they offer mechanics for social gameplay, although i have heard that EK owners will be able to set the ruleset so to speak.

Does this mean that if a player dies in pvp in a EK they could potential use lose their items?

Can items crafted in an EK be taken into Campaigns?

Seems like you have been with the project for a while atleast from your Kickstarter badge? Are you in an Org or anything? I'm looking for a home in this game.

Are there other thing I should note about EKs?

On the current funds that the game has raised do they think that can take the development past the soft launch or do they plan to raise more fund at that point? (I mean through new investment model outside of founder packs)

When will VIP go into effect?

Thank you so much for the responses.

Verse

10 minutes ago, Verse said:

Thanks for that response! That helped me alot. I was hoping that EKs weren't pay to win type things so i'm glad to hear they offer mechanics for social gameplay, although i have heard that EK owners will be able to set the ruleset so to speak.

Does this mean that if a player dies in pvp in a EK they could potential use lose their items?

Can items crafted in an EK be taken into Campaigns?

Seems like you have been with the project for a while atleast from your Kickstarter badge? Are you in an Org or anything? I'm looking for a home in this game.

Are there other thing I should note about EKs?

On the current funds that the game has raised do they think that can take the development past the soft launch or do they plan to raise more fund at that point? (I mean through new investment model outside of founder packs)

When will VIP go into effect?

Thank you so much for the responses.

Verse

There are currently only one set of loot rules, and they apply to both campaigns and EKs. That will change in the future as different campaign types will allow for different loot rules. It may be that we'll be able to set the loot rules in our EKs, or they'll disable all looting in EKs. They've never really specified that I can remember. You will know if PvP is on or off before you enter an EK. The big market EKs aren't going to have PVP on for obvious reasons. It's not something you really need to worry about.

Yes, items crafted in an EK can be taken into a campaign, provided that campaign allows imports and that you have sufficient import slots left.

There is a guild recruitment forum. I recommend checking that out and seeing which guilds sound like a good fit for you.

In 5.7, EKs include crypts, and each crypt has a storage chest. Crypts will be going away in 5.8, but they will likely add some other form of storage in the future. It's expected that there will be some form of shared storage that can be used by guilds and nobles/vassals.

The last we heard was that the money they have raised is enough to complete the game. The timeline has been extended, so I'm not 100% sure if that's still the case, but I don't think they are in any danger of running out of money. They have raised some money from an unexpected source, which is the sale of the game tools, though they have reinvested at least some of that into creating a technology team that is working to polish and package the tools. There are still some rights that they have yet to sell, such as in Asia and some other places, and they are still getting some money every month in pledges, though that isn't enough by itself to fund the development. If the development slips into 2020, then we might have cause to worry, though I'm sure the devs will be proactive is resolving it before it actually becomes a problem.

VIP will begin when the game soft launches, which right now is looking to be some time in 2019. For now, everyone is granted VIP access for testing, though as of 5.8, VIP no longer gives additional training tracks. Both VIP and non-VIP players train the same number of skills at the same rates. 

Thank You! All the comments are really helping me learn a lot of the details that i've missed!

So whats the new plan for VIP status?

3 hours ago, Verse said:

Thank You! All the comments are really helping me learn a lot of the details that i've missed!

So whats the new plan for VIP status?

VIP still gets store discounts and priority on joining campaigns. Other than that, I think they have some ideas, but haven't said what yet.