Hi just wondering what is the plan for NPCs in terms of assisting the player. Would we be able to have some npc's fight with us during the campaigns or will this be players only. Will npcs live and go about their daily lives and react to actions caused by the player community or will they be more stagnant i think them being dynamic and having many sandbox elements will greatly enhance the gameplay.

PvP game not PvE. This is about how players play the game, not about how many NPC's they can afford to hire,  so no we will not be hiring npc's to fight with us.

There is a slot for "pets", but not sure all the forms that will take.  Currently we have mounts, but who knows what Blair will cook up.

We will and do have NPC guards on buildings, but those are basically turrets.

You may also want to read this article about PvE.

I definitely want a PVP mainly and not PVE game, I am just concerned about whether or not there will be a big enough player base, but I am new so not sure how strong the community is I come from backing Star Citizen so the community there is huge and tons of interaction and events, while i know the two game and communities are nothing alike how would you say the Crowfall community is?

So far, much smaller, but also very very tight knit.

Many are here from the old Shadow Bane days, with guilds that have been around and active for decades. Most of those are waiting in the wings until the game is worth playing.

Almost everyone also knows they are going to be in a GvG game, with smaller guilds supporting larger ones, much more so than SC's smaller organization and lone wolf support.  

ACE did not push the hype button to overdrive like SC did, and they are not setting up to keep raising the bar with every donation.  They certainly didn't hire a pile of actors and try to turn aspects of the game into a mini movie.

ACE also is not really expecting the size of testing group SC pushed for.

They deliberately want it smaller right now, until the game is actually worth playing, which is when they will stop wiping skills and items.

Honestly after my few hrs in the game yesterday your comments make perfect sense. Glad I bought the bundle to this game especially now that I hear what your saying their approach to making this game is. I do think smaller would be better and then to release and bring into a huge audience when the time is just right. I'm extremely excited to see the new patch.

Timing is the number one reason for success in business.

Do you know which portion of 2019 the soft launch is planned?

I definitely understand that this is primarily a GvG game, but are you saying that means their won't be room for mercenary type gameplay or solo elements? (not that i plan on doing solo stuff)

I am looking for a guild that has a solid foundation but that I can grow with or atleast help turn a new chapter in their page in terms of being successful on a huge scale in Crowfall.

I think the war camps is a pretty cool idea is it coming 5.8?

7 minutes ago, Verse said:

Honestly after my few hrs in the game yesterday your comments make perfect sense. Glad I bought the bundle to this game especially now that I hear what your saying their approach to making this game is. I do think smaller would be better and then to release and bring into a huge audience when the time is just right. I'm extremely excited to see the new patch.

Timing is the number one reason for success in business.

Do you know which portion of 2019 the soft launch is planned?

I definitely understand that this is primarily a GvG game, but are you saying that means their won't be room for mercenary type gameplay or solo elements? (not that i plan on doing solo stuff)

I am looking for a guild that has a solid foundation but that I can grow with or atleast help turn a new chapter in their page in terms of being successful on a huge scale in Crowfall.

I think the war camps is a pretty cool idea is it coming 5.8?

1. They are planning on components for all sorts of sizes to the campaign throne war.
    1. Camps (not war but the current 2-3 archer campfires) are for 1 - 3 players.
    2. Forts for 5-15
    3. Keeps 15+
    4. Crafting "can" be a solo thing, if your dedicated enough to source the various interdependent material requirements.
    5. Stalking can be a very profitable solo activity if you are good at hunting solo harvesters.
    6. Solo harvesting "can" be a thing.
    7. etc.

The plan is to allow for what they call "King makers". Smaller groups that support and help push the big groups to the top of the pile.

No war camps so far in 5.8.  Not sure if they plan/can add them in between campaigns at some point, but I would not expect them before 6.0.

Edited by KrakkenSmacken