vkromas

5.8 Snap Test Feedback and Bug Reports for 12/4/18

You can download the TEST and LIVE patch client from https://crowfall.com/en/client/ 

5.8 Patch Notes and Known Issues

After your playtest session, please share your feedback here and tell us about any bugs or anomalies you encountered.

If you encounter disconnection problems, showstopper bugs or any other issues preventing you from entering or playing the game, please send an email as well as your client logs* to Support@Crowfall.com. 

*Client logs can be found under your game directory in the "Download" folder. Your client log should look something like this: CrowfallClient_26452_[Computer Name].log

Female Fae Assassin, with two different vessels, one Purple (level 30), one Blue (level 20) -cannot activate the Stealth Mode.  Issue was discovered prior to today but is persisting.  Yes I have unlocked the talent, I can even fill out the Stealth bar with both passive and activated abilities.  No changes to my keyboard mapping has been made.  From the Survival bar, I tap V and it shows the current tray refreshing.  I tried in Combat mode and as expected, it did not engage Stealth.  I am able to use my Q combat ability which does place me into stealth.

My legendary level 30 vessel lost all it's armor but kept it's weapons.

My talents also reset and I can't spec into them no matter what I do. Seems like I'll just have to delete the vessel.

The campaign is the same one that was up this weekend, so it gave me the option to enter the world on the character I had locked previously. However, I tried 2 times to get into the world and got stuck on preparing terrain. Each time I had to kill the game and restart. On the 3rd attempt, I unlocked from the campaign and rejoined, and then it let me in.

53 minutes ago, ZYBAK said:

My legendary level 30 vessel lost all it's armor but kept it's weapons.

My talents also reset and I can't spec into them no matter what I do. Seems like I'll just have to delete the vessel.

When a vessel gets into a hosed state like this please contact QA without deleting the character! This way QA and Engineering can try to debug how that character got hosed, and without the actual character they can only use logs. It is much easier when they can just zombie the account and try to login with that particular character.

20 minutes ago, thomasblair said:

When a vessel gets into a hosed state like this please contact QA without deleting the character! This way QA and Engineering can try to debug how that character got hosed, and without the actual character they can only use logs. It is much easier when they can just zombie the account and try to login with that particular character.

Not sure the best way to contact QA. I'm assuming QA looks at these forums (or at least someone relays the posts to them?)

The bugged vessel is on this account and is a Half Giant Myrmidon named "Leg46STR"

We've had nothing but problems with tonight's lag/problems. I really thought last night (the scheduled test) was a good show for the game. Hopefully we get resolutions for the below. We had 3 fights tonight:

Fight #1:

Chaos built up Telshire fort and we coordinated with Order to come siege it. 4 catapults. MSG ping was spiking a little... until they blew the gate. After that, Scania map was completely unuseable. 1,000 - 2,000 ms ping constantly. 

Fight #2:

This was ok. A small ms spike every once in a while (not common at all.. this may be due to the 5-6 trebs I dropped down while we sieged Draken keep). However, 2 of our healers and 1 assassin got their power bars randomly wiped right in the middle of the fight. Cleric, Druid, Assassin. We were thinking it's swapping trays.. but that doesn't make sense because a Cleric was affected.

Fight #3:

Standard FPS issues... but only for the Chaos side. I didn't get an official tally of the lag, but it was a 12v14 at Moonglow fort in Naski and at least 3 Chaos had SEVERE FPS issues. I was the only person who crashed fully to desktop (after 20-30 seconds of screen being frozen), but other members in voice were saying they were frozen for at least 5-10 seconds.

14 minutes ago, Vicid said:

The 150 AP from Pitfighter's passive isn't worth the passive slot required to use it

It's better than Matching leather/plate/mail. :)

Hi here is a wild error. A lvl 30 toon resets to lvl 1 when loading into a zone. Not only does it keep its stats it also then locked out the one passive I took out. 

unknown.png?width=370&height=616

unknown.png?width=368&height=617

unknown.png?width=370&height=616

unknown.png?width=531&height=616

unknown.png?width=546&height=617

also this happened. 

unknown.png?width=926&height=541

16 minutes ago, Unfolded said:

It's better than Matching leather/plate/mail. :)

You mean the passives no one uses?

Great

First night we've seen msg lag during fights or even just running around.  People look like they are jerking/teleporting as they move.

33 minutes ago, Vicid said:

The 150 AP from Pitfighter's passive isn't worth the passive slot required to use it

Pitfighter is the tanky build of champion.150 AP for a tank is ok :D

- I'd really, really like to be able to use the Assassin's In The Zone power in the Ranged tray. Bowsin (bow-using Assassin) was a fun off-brand version of the class to play, but with the talents as they are, giving zero damage assistance to using a bow, that configuration really needs a bone thrown its way.

- The small rearrangement of the UI elements is nice and clean, but the resource/HP bars no longer have the slightly dark backing, making them kinda difficult to parse with a lot going on on screen.

- The Fae dodge VFX is looking "blocky" even at the highest settings.

hqitoWn.png

Bug:

- Bow LMB attacks do not grant pips to Assassins.

- I tried to enter a catapult and then stopped while the bar was charging and it "stuck" me in place outside the catapult, unable to use powers, switch trays or move in any way. Logging out and back in allowed me to play as normal again.

Seemed like a big nerf to ranger damage-- was hitting for like 1200 with fully charged basic attacks.. now its more like 600.

mounts aren't working

Tonight my level 30 character created on Monday night with a crafted vessel was level 1 when I logged into Tuesday night's campaign (It obviously was decoupled between Monday and Tuesday's campaign).  First time I've seen this.

Otherwise over the last week I've noticed my crit chance wouldn't go above about 24% on ranger.  I even took off all my gear and it held it's percentage (attack power would change though).  When I put on some jewelry tonight though it seemed to correct it as my crit chance went up to about 36% (the jewelry only gave about 1-2%).

At this point I don't trust any of the stats so I hope you can get that ironed out, let us switch between EKs, fix the lag issues, and maybe let us blow up walls a bit quicker with siege equipment.  I may regret this last request if i'm getting sieged.

Also does the enhanced fire bomb on warden work?  It doesn't knock them into the air as the tooltip stated and  I used it on a r8 risen mob and I didn't see any damage tick for the high fire damage debuff.  Pretty sure I didn't see it's life go down but I should have waited longer.  I need to test on a player.

First 5.8 build with actual message lag in fights.  Something got switched from previous builds. 

Physics effects still going nuts.  Tornados can cause fall damage on flat ground.  

I miss the mount already.  Give us back 150% travel speed. 

- Since opening the map forces us to stop moving (:() please allow us to use our directional keys (whichever we have assigned as such) to move the map around.

- Please allow us to assign a "Confirm" keybind for prompts like "are you sure you wanna buy that?"

- Prerequisites for talent point placement seem really annoying because of which ones are required to move forward. I have to spend 29 talent points before I can acquire Stealth as an Assassin and that doesn't make any sense to me.

- I don't know what this description means. Who gets health when who gets stunned?

6HHQUgg.png

Bug:

- Sinister Slash, the default LMB melee attack for Ranger, requires dual weapons but Rangers don't start out ambidextrous post-Talent Point System.

- During a siege of Telshire Fort (in Scania Dale) by Order, we began enduring massive lag spikes while pelting the shield/walls with siege weapon fire (which took entirely too long to bring those walls down BTW :wacko: ). We hadn't previously experienced any such spikes and when we left Scania Dale I experienced no further lag issues.

- Dunno if this is actually a bug but shouldn't the point leader be at the top of the leaderboard? This happens often.

3pg9twg.png

Edited by moneda

34 minutes ago, moneda said:

- Since opening the map forces us to stop moving (:() please allow us to use our directional keys (whichever we have assigned as such) to move the map around.

We also really need the ability to set waypoints on the map that then show up on the compass. So if I want to travel to X location I right click on the map and set a waypoint then I follow the waypoint on the compass to the location. 

It's SUPER annoying to have to stop and open the map. 

19 minutes ago, blazzen said:

We also really need the ability to set waypoints on the map that then show up on the compass. So if I want to travel to X location I right click on the map and set a waypoint then I follow the waypoint on the compass to the location. 

It's SUPER annoying to have to stop and open the map. 

I'd also like to share that waypoint, at least with those in my group.