vkromas

5.8 Snap Test Feedback and Bug Reports for 12/4/18

• Sometimes I had a lot of lag spikes.
  • Cleric without spell animation for throwing hammer.

• Also

lDigAnD.png

• Also "Buff" missing icon:

gt0ToQb.png

Barriers are not putting the white border around the casters nameplate.

Druid orbs we're not spawning/staying spawned correctly making it difficult/impossible to create druid bombs.

Righteousness barrier doesnt show a white bar around the health and we are very unsure of how much of a shield it is because of it.

Also my vessel bugged out and reset my talents and when i tried to put points back in i noticed one of my points were spent and that i had the ability given by the first point. The first point in confesser is flames of truth and the ability is shown at the 1 spot in the ranged tray, because of this i am unable to slot points in the tree anymore since it is reading as there already being a point there and it not opening up the next two slots.

its_a_bug.png

In an EK, swamped out the Wood crafting main disc, it dropped all my discs out of slots, turned me to level one ( was thirty ), and I cant train any of my points in the talent tree. 

The day night timer would be more intuitive to read vertically, rather than horizontally (i.e. Noon is when the entire hemisphere is day, and Midnight is when the entire hemisphere is night)

This power is in my spellbook but not from a kit or discs...  cannot be slotted in any tray anyway.

0jYLgJW.png

Edited by Frykka

Here's a list of some minor bugs I found while exploring 5.8. (Awesome update btw ACE.)

Map Bugs

Discipline Bug

Switching Node Bug

Master of Bows Disc.

Resource Effects

I'm super pumped that mounts are somewhat in (from what I've heard from others) and the new map style is really cool. Being able to take outposts to make a difference works well for smaller groups (1-2 players) especially if you're low level on that toon. 

I am hoping that it becomes a lot more difficult to sacrifice to level your Eternal Champions up. Mainly because there's little to no reason to have the leveling mechanic if you can just "Easily" sacrifice up to max level. I understand its purpose, but if it becomes too easy to do through sacrificing, why have the system at all? Making it more difficult will give a better sense of progression to the player as well, a sense that they're accomplishing something by Actively working towards it, rather than just throwing some unnecessary items into a firepit. 

My biggest recommendation for the sacrifice system would be to have each god have specific items or trophies be sacrificed to them; rather than anything. Anyone can harvest 10k knotwood over a weekend, but that's boring as hell just to reach max level. 

It would be more interesting, to have us look in ancient tombs or dungeons on adventure parcels for relics that the gods left behind; and that we can sacrifice to them, in order to level up. Possibly giving the character a passive buff depending on the relic.

Or for us to dump our enemies' heads into the pit for Malekai, or one of the other darker gods, as a tribute to our devotion to them. Give it as sense of lore, as I feel many games just add features for the sake of features, whereas this would be adding features for the sake of building lore.

Just an idea, but I do think that if I were a god, and someone was dumping a truckload of poorly made socksty lumber at my feet; I'd just tell them to f*ck off with their petty gifts and set a swarm of spiders after them. ;)

16 hours ago, ZYBAK said:

Not sure the best way to contact QA. I'm assuming QA looks at these forums (or at least someone relays the posts to them?)

The bugged vessel is on this account and is a Half Giant Myrmidon named "Leg46STR"

The best way to get in touch with us is sending an email to support@crowfall.com. This holds true for anything that is preventing you from getting into game or causing a big blocker. The forums are a good place to report it, but we want to get you unblocked as quickly as possible. 

All of my talents reset on character Arkade3 (Stoneborn Knight). I'm not sure when it happened. I had ported from the chaos temple to one of the mainland islands and then made my way up to an adventure area. When I got there and entered combat to fight, I noticed that all of my abilities were gone. I don't think I had entered combat at any time between using the runegate and arriving at the adventure area, so it was likely caused by the runegate. I had been jumping around through several runegates to find the right place.

I don't know if there's anything you'll want/need to look at on the character, so I left him as is for now.

Menu/Lobby issues: (1) When searching through the EK list, if I click on an EK, the pop-up covers the scroll bar; (2) the message for the EK stays on the pop-up (in this case "get off my lawn" for srathor's ek) and then transfers to the pop-up on the campaign list if I switch lists.

PS, it's no wonder I can't scratch my ass in this game without getting rolled when people are posting the stats of their vessels (they're light years beyond mine)...  Presuming of course that I don't suck at most all aspects of the game...  a presumption that I would likely lose.

get infinite PREPARING TERRAIN while trying to enter map (logged out before)

account name - Mazzik, character name - Makkon, HG myrm, have it right now.

edit. switched to new vessel - entered without issues

edit2. logout, tried to enter again with old vessel - same infinite loading terrain

Edited by makkon

- No sound plays for me when my Assassin enters Stealth (tho to be honest, I'm enjoying that).

- Fae jumping sounds are stilled bugged in that if any Fae nearby, even 90m away, jumps I hear it as if they're right next to me.

The power "Burst of Strength" from the Survivalist major discipline says it deals 100% additional harvest damage and it used to do that, but now it only deals an extra 50%.

Am I just missing it or can clerics not take plate armor anymore ??? also clerics need to have the "green" numbers over allies when healing them, some are still missing. the animation of the throwing hammer needs to be put in.

Minor Disciplines 'Fashion Statement' returns an amulet to your inventory if you have 2 on when the Discipline comes off/gets deleted.

Minor Discipline 'Hand of Glory' seems to DELETE the Ring 3 when the Discipline comes off/gets deleted.

Talent resets and freezes are quite frustrating.