Kryshael

Sad Thursday

Good morning!!

I just started playing about a week ago and have been looking forward to the end of the campaign so that I could see what the drop rate on harvestables and from the mobs looks like when it is not a "Season of Winter".

I was told multiple times that the end of a campaign would mean that you lose all your gear (unless it is put in a spirit box) and that a "Season of Spring" would arrive. So I had a couple of friends help me with storing some gear that I was gifted; in the hopes that I would be able to use it come Spring.

I just logged in before getting ready for school and was happy to see that the timer had been reset to 11 months 29 days. Then I noticed that it was still a "Season of Winter" and that what few items that I didn't mind losing were still in my inventory.

What happened to the reset? Was the information I was given by multiple people incorrect?

Thank you for your time.

I assume this is on the live server. They probably just extended the current campaign. They do that sometimes depending on the timing of patches. If 5.8 is expected to go to live in the near future, then maybe it doesn't make sense to start an entirely new campaign. 

All of your stuff on live is going to get wiped when 5.8 hits anyway, and there will be new campaigns at that time.

If you don't want to wait until then, hop onto the test server when the next snap test happens.

2 hours ago, Kryshael said:

What happened to the reset? Was the information I was given by multiple people incorrect?

Welcome to the forums.

Adding to what Arkade already said, just yesterday Beta-3 players got their first access to 5.8 on the TEST server. Beta-3 is currently the lowest level to get access to the LIVE server, too. So it's likely that 5.8 (and it's complete wipe) will hit the LIVE server pretty soon. Regarding that, it wouldn't really make sense to start a new 4-week campaign on the LIVE servers.

So, congratulations for being able to cooperate with friends to find solutions. This is a rare ability that will be needed in 5.8 and will support your success there. ~thumbsup~ Consider it a useful training. And prepare your friends to start big with 5.8 on LIVE. You already accomplished the first steps. :)

Have fun, good luck

Kraahk

Yes, thank you Arkade. It was on the live server.

I hopped onto the snap test Tuesday evening but was not able to find much action. I did learn how to dis quickly to Endless and a friend of his. Lol

I must say that I was thoroughly surprised and excited to see the Live 5.7 be reset to spring. Whomever pressed the button....I thank you!!

6 minutes ago, Kryshael said:

I must say that I was thoroughly surprised and excited to see the Live 5.7 be reset to spring. Whomever pressed the button....I thank you!!

Why was it surprising? You said in your original post that you expected the campaign to end yesterday. And then it did.

6 hours ago, Jah said:

Why was it surprising? You said in your original post that you expected the campaign to end yesterday. And then it did.

I'm assuming you missed the part where I said I logged in after the timer had finished and it was still winter......Here it is:

I just logged in before getting ready for school and was happy to see that the timer had been reset to 11 months 29 days. Then I noticed that it was still a "Season of Winter"

So yes, when I got home that afternoon I was surprised that it was no longer winter. So I thanked whomever that it was so.