Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Fairy Tail Guild Invitation

darksamurai99

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He just called us all hicks. As a person from Alabama I heavily resent that remark. It is insensitive and unworthy of such a cleverly named guild.

I resent it, too... Count me in on the destruction of cities!

You understood those three walls of text?  I was completely lost, and I always got gold stars in English and Reading Comprehension.  They actually sort of read the way Speed Racer is dubbed, all I could do was hear it in this voice: http://youtu.be/m2LeETqAYtA?t=52s

Nope, I couldn't.  Luckily, or unluckily, for him it was one of the first sentences.  

I honestly feel pretty bad after three pages of anything from light teasing to full on trulling for a new guild thread here on the forums.  Apologies for my part in it.  I wish you success as other people of the same interest find their way to the forums.

Edited by seventhbeacon

no probably it happens to everyone i dont take offense i jsut dont want to be pushed around thinking im just another noob when everyones a noob to this game til it releases. but i am happy that you took the time to apologize and i take back some of my own insults as well. 

If these are the same guys as from ArcheAge, I got nothing good to say about them.  If their not, I reserve my judgement... but if they are..

well thing is there is a guild in AA, or there was a guild in AA that had a bad reputation for having members who were really really bad at the game - I couldn't tell if it was intentional or not.  But not only did all the members I ran into had non meta and stupid class builds (not sure how they managed to get by with them); The only times I ever died in Dungeons constantly, was when I was grouped with an unreliable member of that guild.

Just hoping it's not the same guys.

-edit-

Just to clarify, one time when I was doing my dailies and was doing a mentor run, someone from fairy tail offered to be the mentee. he had a very weird build that made no sense (Witchcraft, Vitalism and Auramancy) and did very poor damage, the guy had a healing tree as one of his class build trees, only healed himself and never healed me (the tank) ran in to try and get aggro and die and constantly tried to aggro the entire room on me.  Luckily I was a Blighter - so I somehow managed to finish the dungeon without dieing.  Another time when doing a dungeon with a group we had another person from the same guild, this time a Tombcaller (Songcraft, Occultism, Witchcraft) a class built around AoE DoT spam who kept getting us all killed because he kept aggroing the entire room onto us until we kicked him from the group and looked for someone else.

Fairy Tail is an insult to good shounen manga, and anime.

I personally don't like Shounen in general, they take what world normally be a novel length or comic series length story then stretch it out so thin over so many episodes it's akin to watering down a good drink till all you can taste is the water if you get my meaning, they tend to try to milk it for a long as possible and you almost never get a satisfactory ending, let a lone an actual end or conclusion and also the art style is almost always sloppy compared to anime series which only go for 20 or 30 episodes.  The only Shounen I actually liked was Soul Eater, but maybe that was because it had an ending.

Edited by Synast

------------(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)------------

Now in GLORIOUS 'HDvisioning60fpsblahg'

I personally don't like Shounen in general, they take what world normally be a novel length or comic series length story then stretch it out so thin over so many episodes it's akin to watering down a good drink till all you can taste is the water if you get my meaning, they tend to try to milk it for a long as possible and you almost never get a satisfactory ending, let a lone an actual end or conclusion and also the art style is almost always sloppy compared to anime series which only go for 20 or 30 episodes.  The only Shounen I actually liked was Soul Eater, but maybe that was because it had an ending.

I get that perspective, every criticism you just posted right now is actually very true. Given your gripes with the demographic I would recommend to you Death Note which is actually even shorter than Soul Eater and imo has a great ending and story. And also Full Metal Alchemist and/or Full Metal Alchemist Brotherhood.  

I get that perspective, every criticism you just posted right now is actually very true. Given your gripes with the demographic I would recommend to you Death Note which is actually even shorter than Soul Eater and imo has a great ending and story. And also Full Metal Alchemist and/or Full Metal Alchemist Brotherhood.  

What!? Are you kidding me?  I find it somewhat offensive you'd assume I haven't seen those...

Considering it's obvious to you I know what I'm talking about, don't assume I haven't seen those yet.  I am a self proclaimed connoisseur of anime. :P  

This is what I think of those three anime respectively...

Firstly the ending of Death Note isn't a "great ending" at all, it's a terrible and disappointing ending that spat in the face of the fans of the series.  

Secondly, both Full metal Alchemist and it's remake, this time following the manga instead of deviating off on a crazy multiverse story like the first one did because it was finished before the manga was and excluded several key characters, in my cultured opinion I believe that both serve nothing more than blanket story telling following stereotypical tropes that primarily appeal to female otaku audience - because be honest with yourself, do you really think the Elric bothers behavioral depiction and personalities appeal to young masculine adolescent males?  No of course not, it entirely appeals to fangirls or effeminate males.

The kind of Anime I like are series such as Steins;Gate or Ghost in the Shell Stand alone Complex or Black Lagoon.  One could even say I have a 'thing' for romance focused tragedies and epic dramas, such as Code Geass, masterpieces such as Fate/Zero. or strange obscurities such as Black Butler, which although lacking in substance has it's moments.  I do honestly admit I do have my share of guilty pleasures such as Sword Art Online - but my opinion of it isn't that it's good, rather the opposite.

I have refined tastes sir.

There's literally no info on this guild, like no Voip no website no purpose on what the guild does. I'm certain there will be a Fairy Tail guild but this is a joke right?

They were a mass recruiting guild in ArcheAge that had no defined purpose other than to mass recruit on the highest populated server; From the apex top guilds on that server I was informed that they would invite anyone, had no defined structure to the guild and the vast majority of it's members not only didn't know how to play the game well, they also picked whatever build combination of skill trees that fancied them rather than relevant meta builds.  Also every encounter I had with the guild only hinted to me their members had no clue how aggro from NPCs worked, an understanding of the limits of how many enemies a player group can handle in dungeons or open world raid events or any understanding of the dynamics or mechanics of the game.  Also from what I remember almost all, if not all the members of the guild were free to play accounts, none of them owned any properties, or even had temporary farm plots as far as I was aware and spent the vast majority of their time doing dailies, well that was where I spotted them most of the time, either attempting to troll people in dungeons or troll people in open world raids, because I didn't see them anywhere else.

What!? Are you kidding me?  I find it somewhat offensive you'd assume I haven't seen those...

Considering it's obvious to you I know what I'm talking about, don't assume I haven't seen those yet.  I am a self proclaimed connoisseur of anime. :P

This is what I think of those three anime respectively...

Firstly the ending of Death Note isn't a "great ending" at all, it's a terrible and disappointing ending that spat in the face of the fans of the series.  

Secondly, both Full metal Alchemist and it's remake, this time following the manga instead of deviating off on a crazy multiverse story like the first one did because it was finished before the manga was and excluded several key characters, in my cultured opinion I believe that both serve nothing more than blanket story telling following stereotypical tropes that primarily appeal to female otaku audience - because be honest with yourself, do you really think the Elric bothers behavioral depiction and personalities appeal to young masculine adolescent males?  No of course not, it entirely appeals to fangirls or effeminate males.

The kind of Anime I like are series such as Steins;Gate or Ghost in the Shell Stand alone Complex or Black Lagoon.  One could even say I have a 'thing' for romance focused tragedies and epic dramas, such as Code Geass, masterpieces such as Fate/Zero. or strange obscurities such as Black Butler, which although lacking in substance has it's moments.  I do honestly admit I do have my share of guilty pleasures such as Sword Art Online - but my opinion of it isn't that it's good, rather the opposite.

I have refined tastes sir.

I get why you would say Death Note's ending was bad, I know many people who would agree with you. Yeah it was pretty lame that it was N who got Kira, and that he was fooled by the ol' switch-a-roo, but imo Kira's reaction to getting caught was just too epic for me to consider the ending bad, especially in the case of the original Japanese audio. Seriously god bless Mamoru Miyano.

On your opinion on FMA however... No offense but I think it's completely ridiculous. First off what do you mean by "blanket storytelling"? Also I know plenty of males who love FMA, more males than females actually, though there does seem to be a good balance. I don't get that view-point, only Alphonse seems a bit effeminate in his personality, is it because they aren't like the stereotypical Goku archetype characters? I would even claim that Edward Elric has more depth and nuance than any other character in the shounen demographic with only Kenshin Himura being able to compete.

I get why you would say Death Note's ending was bad, I know many people who would agree with you. Yeah it was pretty lame that it was N who got Kira, and that he was fooled by the ol' switch-a-roo, but imo Kira's reaction to getting caught was just too epic for me to consider the ending bad, especially in the case of the original Japanese audio. Seriously god bless Mamoru Miyano.

On your opinion on FMA however... No offense but I think it's completely ridiculous. First off what do you mean by "blanket storytelling"? Also I know plenty of males who love FMA, more males than females actually, though there does seem to be a good balance. I don't get that view-point, only Alphonse seems a bit effeminate in his personality, is it because they aren't like the stereotypical Goku archetype characters? I would even claim that Edward Elric has more depth and nuance than any other character in the shounen demographic with only Kenshin Himura being able to compete.

I'd agree agree with your assessment for the most part, keep in mind my opinion is well, my opinion. :P

In what universe was the Death Note ending "great"?? It was complete and utter hogwash! So disappointing that it more or less ruined the whole series for me, which was great up until that point.

Officer of The BlackHand Order

• 3 weeks later...

Sadly, I will not be joining unless some specific points are made about the dynamics you intend to make about the way the guild functions.

I do look forward to a guild based on the way the anime guild ran, however.

Edited by Sora

Sadly, I will not be joining unless some specific points are made about the dynamics you intend to make about the way the guild functions.

I do look forward to a guild based on the way the anime guild ran, however.

I think this guild is dead :) If you're looking for a guild with an anime theme we're the only one left :)

HECIfKy.jpg

Sugoi - Student Council President