Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Stumpstuff

5.8 Snap Test Feedback and Bug Reports for 12/7/18

• The progress indicators circling each island (orange, green, blue rings) in the campaign map are not working in this build.
  • The outpost flags aren't updating correctly to show ownership.  Some show the wrong faction, some aren't showing at all even though they've been claimed.   Is it intentional that neutral camps aren't marked?
  • The scoreboard "Next turn in Xs" only worked for the very first score tick of the fresh campaign.
  • Opening the map displays a tooltip about siege windows every time.  I even saw it in the EK a few times.
Edited by Hyriol

I trained 3% into the "Weapons" "Critical Hit Chance" passive training node and the 3% was not reflected in game. 

This was on a Storm Caller Druid, new vessel for the campaign

Edited by PanzerUDL

@thomasblair

Also noticed Call storm no longer has the after "Damage over Time" effect...

Please stop neutering the damage druid build.  Barely anyone plays it as it is.

Now that the druid class has been watered down, the damage build has lost a lot.  Barely has any combat capability, and when one of your best attacks is your left click there is a problem.  Our 3 combat powers we have remaining are left click, the lighting AoE, and Bear.  Who uses bear anyways?  Please give us some more offensives powers to choose from again.

K, thx

Edited by PanzerUDL

25 minutes ago, PanzerUDL said:

Who uses bear anyways?

This guy.... :(

but it's actually so satisfying to hit. and usually you can hit at least SOMEONE in a melee scrap. but seriously, how long has this ability had people calling for it to be changed...

It's actually so sad Call Storm lost its DoT too. I hadn't noticed until you said something. FeelsBadMan. Feel like ACE doesn't really know where they want DPS druid to be at all.

Edited by Jjusticar

39 minutes ago, PanzerUDL said:

@thomasblair

Also noticed Call storm no longer has the after "Damage over Time" effect...

Please stop neutering the damage druid build.  Barely anyone plays it as it is.

Now that the druid class has been watered down, the damage build has lost a lot.  Barely has any combat capability, and when one of your best attacks is your left click there is a problem.  Our 3 combat powers we have remaining are left click, the lighting AoE, and Bear.  Who uses bear anyways?  Please give us some more offensives powers to choose from again.

K, thx

well now everyone has to be a death only druid until level 16 promotions...yay.... </s>

yea no wicked winds or blight for pure death druid any more. and boy do i miss the days when aurora emitter combo had 8 second cooldown for all parts. and the emitter did any meaningful AoE damage ;p

rip blight explosions for 'healer druids' too

call storms still sickle only, so you cant keep and use it if you upgrade to staves on arch/earth. [not that healer itemisation matters much?]

very watered down now and forcing to be death druid till 16... [cant even use natures avatar or leaching seed on base death when you unlock them in base tree]

p.s. i dont like either "5 minute recast avatars"

and the healer or 'dual tray' side isn't making too much sense either 

grasping roots and soothing winds [and stars align] still also to be redivided away from soon to be retired weapon disc

only arch druid gets quick burn and slow growth atm

see 

https://community.crowfall.com/topic/23169-another-druid-thread/

Edited by Tinnis

Not being able to craft mounts anymore while still allowing the old mounts to be used is unfair to those who never made, or even got a chance to make, one for themselves.

Duelist Dirge line does not seem to be working. Impale used to be a high burst damage attack and Dirge only increases that to targets below 50%...but it does not.
4-600 Impales are not very impressive, especially compared to the damage numbers other classes can get at Range, with LMBs or AoEs.

Not seeing captured outposts on the map is a little frustrating, as Balance I am unable to see any captured outposts belonging to Order on the map though Chaos and Balance owned outposts show. Allowing us to see all outposts, even if neutral, could help.

Edited by Scorn

I don't know how to get a screenshot of it, but my harvesting pips display (to the right of the powers tray) often displays overtop of the combat pips display.

Edit: I got a screenie.

V2ZaHxv.png

Also, the game needs a built-in screenshot button. Or a way to make PrtScr work normally. I had to use windows+right-fn+PrtScr to get it to work, and that doesn't work consistently.

Edited by Ardrea

I'm seeing a pretty big issue where one of my characters is unable to log into the game but the other characters can.

I have a video, but how can i attach it to this am I allowed to upload to youtube or is there a NDA?

The regain for the essence on druid is lower than what was given for the first node in storm caller. now if you go storm caller you have no way of getting more essence regain  since master of sickles is gone, even with stormcaller passive you can stay in an  fight for about 1-2 minutes before running out of essence completely and having no way of regaining essence for you to become relevant in a fight again

Hello! First time participating in one of the weekend betas. I played a cleric for a bit. Couple of things I ran into:

1. I wasn't able to easily figure out how to attack. I ran up to a spider and it started wailing on me and left-click did nothing. Eventually I found a vendor that sold me a hammer. More left-click, couldn't swing the hammer. Oddly I seemed to only be able to use the hammer once I got a shield.

2. Hunger snuck up on my very quickly. Personally I've never ever liked hunger bars, as I consider it more of a nuisance interruption to gameplay than anything else. Consequence of my hunger bar was my mana stopped regenerating and the only attack I'd found required mana, so soon I was unable to attack again. I found a few apples but these didn't get me to the 7 or 8 hams I needed to start regenerating mana again.

3. I found the "hold f to interact with" prompts very counterintuitive. Every game i've played it's just Press <key> to perform action. NPC's I'm used to having to right click or press E or F or whatever to activate them, but never "hold f" and the hold is /way/ too long. All in all, not at all a fan of this. It's clunky and I nearly always would press F, remember my mistake, and then press and hold while annoyed and wondering why this couldn't just be done with a simple keypress like every other game I've played.

4. Turning felt really sluggish. Maybe I wasn't using the right settings for this, but I'm very accustomed to being able to turn very quickly in these games by sweeping the mouse. I felt restrained, like the controls were fighting me.

Onto more positive things, I really liked the look of the game world. After I got locked out of combat I did have a good time looking around and seeing the scenery. It was also really cool getting to play a centaur character. Big fan!

Looking forward to seeing more.

3 hours ago, Frostwing said:

Oh, also, would really like to play a fire-arrow wielding archer centaur, so... Pretty please? :)

Centaur + Knight OR Champion + Arcane Archer Discipline Runestone + Fire Arrows = What you’re looking for. ;)

Controlling a melee character in 20-30 man fights is difficult due to the lag, frames, response time and control feedback.  For example, using an ability feels like half a second to 2 seconds must pass before you can get to your next ability.  This coupled with opposing player disruption and not enough information (visual and audio) to know what is going on with your abilities and buff/debuffss makes for difficult combat control.  This probably hurts ranger the most as I believe they have the most tray swapping of all classes and i'll find myself spamming buttons when i felt it should have switched.  It completely throws you off while you look down at the tray.  Combat is one of the most important aspects of this game so I don't know how I can stress this enough. 

Maybe add sound effects if an ability or function is unusable?

Can you disable walk with the left and mouse right button combination when you have the crafting window open too? Or just let us do stuff while moving...  I lose the window all the time accidentally.

• Basic Graphics are no longer basic. And I still get consistent yellow fps, kuddos to the engineers!
  • Weapon Racks have broken textures
  • Woodworking Stations LOD textures are weird
  • Mounts work in EKs again! Huzzah!
  • There seems to be a bug where equipping a discipline won’t always grant their powers. It’s happened twice to me so far, once with Master of Swords and the other with Bard. I was swapping out Master of Maces and Sharpshooter, respectively.
  • Vessels are still locked to a single EK, you also can’t enter an EK if you’re locked into a CW
  • The vessel that placed down a parcel is the one that gets the tokens, not the account that placed it down. EK editing is still account wide, so a workaround is to pickup the parcel and give it to another vessel to place down
  • Leather armor is way too squishy compared to Plate and Mail armor
  • Hats make you lose your hair/horns, or change it. You can see overlapping hairstyles on other players

9 hours ago, simisoft said:

The regain for the essence on druid is lower than what was given for the first node in storm caller. now if you go storm caller you have no way of getting more essence regain  since master of sickles is gone, even with stormcaller passive you can stay in an  fight for about 1-2 minutes before running out of essence completely and having no way of regaining essence for you to become relevant in a fight again

Essence gain on stormcaller druid was nerfed , also the stormcaller passive was changed a while ago to just drop balls and not essence again 

14 hours ago, Tinnis said:

well now everyone has to be a death only druid until level 16 promotions...yay.... </s>

yea no wicked winds or blight for pure death druid any more. and boy do i miss the days when aurora emitter combo had 8 second cooldown for all parts. and the emitter did any meaningful AoE damage ;p

rip blight explosions for 'healer druids' too

call storms still sickle only, so you cant keep and use it if you upgrade to staves on arch/earth. [not that healer itemisation matters much?]

very watered down now and forcing to be death druid till 16... [cant even use natures avatar or leaching seed on base death when you unlock them in base tree]

p.s. i dont like either "5 minute recast avatars"

and the healer or 'dual tray' side isn't making too much sense either 

grasping roots and soothing winds [and stars align] still also to be redivided away from soon to be retired weapon disc

only arch druid gets quick burn and slow growth atm

see 

https://community.crowfall.com/topic/23169-another-druid-thread/

You can actually use call storm with staff now 

@thomasblair

I really appreciate changing the food items and subcomponents to not having crafting IDs and becoming stackable. This helped a ton for cooking management.

Could you do the same treatment to the items listed below? Force quality and remove serial ID.None of these items effect quality or have experimentation. BTW very glad they do not have effect on quality, gives a use for white materials no matter what.

Stonemasonry:
Diamond Cutting Blade / Diamond Ember Cutting Blade
Grinding Wheel
Polishing Paste

Necromancy:
Ambrosia

Runemaking:
All Specialty Seals (See list below)
Mining Seal
Chopping Seal
Prospecting Seal
Crafting Seal
Necromancy Seal
Runemaking Seal
Leatherworking Seal
Skinning Seal
Stonemasonry Seal
Blacksmith Seal
Woodworking Seal
Jewelcrafting Seal
Enchanting Seal
Alchemy Seal

Food Drops:

More on the food front. Would it be possible to make potato/carrot be high drops off guards and low chance of getting the other spices/unharvestables. (sugar, coffee, cocoa, hot peppers) This would allow all cooking material to be gotten without having to buy from the keep etc.

Vendor Costs

Additionally, I believe the cost of produce/food(and white materials) to be a bit high. Please consider halving it or lowering by 1/3. I definitely agree white materials needed to cost more from 5.7 but think you may have overshot a bit.

Seasoned Mushrooms

Get nothing but slop from making this. Is this a personal commentary on mushrooms? A test for failure = slop? or am I somehow not using a specific needed spice? Tried both mushrooms, first thought was button didn't work, but both mushrooms gave slop.

Edited by Ussiah

Bugs:

- The disease damage done by the Shrivel and Decay powers from the Plague Lord discipline does not register in the combat log (of the user).

- We can slot the Touch of Rot passive from the Plague Lord discipline in the Ranged combat tray but the LMB attack of bows doesn't apply the debuff the passive is suppose to grant. (Did that passive ever get fixed to stack like it's supposed to? 🤔)

Vindicator (DPS Spec) Templar's Divine Light is applying a Dazed debuff i.e. a slow. As far as tooltips are concerned only Fury Templar's should be doing this.....also please reacess DPS spec templars DL damage.