Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

How innovative is this MMO?

Nunda

So Crowfall looks like it could be a very good MMO.  But there are some things that I was wondering about.

1. Is there a level up system, and how does it work?  How will teaming with people of different levels affect EXP, how much of an advantage will a higher level player have over a lower level player in PVP, is leveling time geared more towards grinding and taking time, or more towards not overwhelming the player (hard to get max vs. easy to get max level)?

2. How ridged is the holy trinity?  will you be able to do the harder content without a dedicated healer or a tank? is a pure DPS team viable in more difficult content? 

3. What are some features that are standard in the MMO genre that Crowfall is doing differently or discarding?

Innovative AF.

1. There is a level up system. 2 in fact -- A passive System that is account wide and a active one where each char can level up by gaining the standard XP. I will leave the specifics of your question to others as I am not too clear on the XP gain, and I am sure people can also drop the actual percentage of how strong a maxed character is compared to a newbie.

I remember the gap wont be as wide since lvls arent absolute. Gear and even class match-up can make a big differene in closing the gap. The plan is for newbies properly equipped to be viable and competitive from the start.

2. There is no "content". The content is winning (this changes based on the person), and as such your question is difficult to answer. Can you win an engagement with no healers or with full dps? Yeah, probably. Is that the best way to run? I would say that most of time the answer would be no.

3. I think the biggest innovations are the passive llvling system and the campaigns 'resets'. The first allows players that aren't able to no-life the game to still be competitve and cut down on the grinding necessary to be competitive which is almost a standard feature on MMOs these days. The resets allow for even playing fields to exist.

Oh, another one that is the freedom CW will have. Will players be able to bring gear from outside? Will it be full-loot? Factions, guilds or smaller groups will be the focus of this CW? Characters starting from zero or being imported? Everything can be changed by the DEVs so in a certain way  it is almost like playing a different game based on the CW you choose.

1 hour ago, Nunda said:

2. How ridged is the holy trinity?  will you be able to do the harder content without a dedicated healer or a tank? is a pure DPS team viable in more difficult content? 

This is a crafting and PvP oriented game. When I see this question it looks like it applies more to PvE content. 

2 hours ago, BarriaKarl said:

Innovative AF.

1. There is a level up system. 2 in fact -- A passive System that is account wide and a active one where each char can level up by gaining the standard XP. I will leave the specifics of your question to others as I am not too clear on the XP gain, and I am sure people can also drop the actual percentage of how strong a maxed character is compared to a newbie.

I remember the gap wont be as wide since lvls arent absolute. Gear and even class match-up can make a big differene in closing the gap. The plan is for newbies properly equipped to be viable and competitive from the start.

2. There is no "content". The content is winning (this changes based on the person), and as such your question is difficult to answer. Can you win an engagement with no healers or with full dps? Yeah, probably. Is that the best way to run? I would say that most of time the answer would be no.

3. I think the biggest innovations are the passive llvling system and the campaigns 'resets'. The first allows players that aren't able to no-life the game to still be competitve and cut down on the grinding necessary to be competitive which is almost a standard feature on MMOs these days. The resets allow for even playing fields to exist.

Oh, another one that is the freedom CW will have. Will players be able to bring gear from outside? Will it be full-loot? Factions, guilds or smaller groups will be the focus of this CW? Characters starting from zero or being imported? Everything can be changed by the DEVs so in a certain way  it is almost like playing a different game based on the CW you choose.

1. Leveling low level vessels (Low quality characters yes characters have quality level you make better ones via crafting) will level very fast to max level however they come with less stats and less stats allocated from leveling they do however let you try/test builds quickly to see if you like something before getting a higher tier vessel which will level much slower.
There is definitely a bonus  higher level vessels however a lvl 30 white vessel i think will be better than a lvl 20 blue vessel dispite the blue vessel getting more stats, you will be missing important talent points you get from higher level vessels, so may wanna stick with whites while you level the blue ones up and so on. There is enough of a difference between powers between say a low quality and a decent quality vessel to make you wanna get higher tiered vessels but not a big enough gap to feel like you cant do anything as a low tier vessel agaist a higher one (Take modern day MMO 5 levels difference usualy meant u couldnt possible win due to massive hit/armor penalty)

2. i havant tried 5.8 yet however 5.7 combat was a bit like a moba imo when it came to holy trinity as in healers/tanks definetly helped however they were required, just had to think bout stratergy when you were playing a full dps like assasins had to hit there back lines at the same time front was getting hit kinda thing.

3. Crafting is so good compared to other MMO's, a world/map only lasts so long till somone wins and then you get a new map to explore so it feels like a new game each time (From my experience in say darkfall the best time of these types of MMO is the first month or so when there land rushes/territory/boarder claming they tend to grow stale after that though however this should fix it), the leveling and talent system you probaly havant seen in other MMO. Each campaign can have different rule sets aswell :D

Veeshan Midst of UXA

On 12/8/2018 at 8:53 PM, Verse said:

I love how this game has quality of vessels! I just wish we had more variability for vessel aesthetics but i'm sure that will come with time

just buy the game and try it, 5.8 has a lot of nice additions. i think its $49 for cheapest which lets you play on the LIVE server

On 12/10/2018 at 1:42 PM, yianni said:

just buy the game and try it, 5.8 has a lot of nice additions. i think its $49 for cheapest which lets you play on the LIVE server

Not to be rude but from my emblem isnt it obvious to tell that I already have the game