Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Ossis

Champion 5.8 good enough?

Hi everyone. I would like to share here opinions on Champion status for 5.8. I am not an expert and I haven't had a lot of fighting so I would love, and I think other people too,  to read from more experienced guys who main Champion.

I have read somewhere that Champion 5.8 has been nerfed but I would say that has been balanced. I did 1v1 and small scale pvp, but for big fights I can only see 100% viable the tank version, Pit Figher, and letting the other two in a odd spot as you have to be in and out of fights because of mail armor and low health regeneration.

This is my opinion based on low experience tho. Looking forward to hearing from you!

As a champion main since 5.3 .

Champ in 5.8 is in a great state right now, the meta won't probably have a place for him but now he is in its most balanced form we've seen so far.

As far as the promotion trees go, yea the pit fighter is the safest, the cc path is good if you have strong tanks and healers that can keep you alive, that's when you can shine.The crit path is bad tho, it doesn't have enough damage nor survivability.

On 11/12/2018 at 1:23 AM, Vicid said:

I'm struggling to find a place for champs in group vs group fights

That is unfortunate... Hope the feeling changes. I don't want Champion to be OP as it was, but having variety of classes tu support team fights and being able to colaborate equaly tho. Hope 5.8 live give more of it with the fix of Templar (right now seems to be the most played class now).

It also looks like champions is not being discussed that much from the community like if this was the most easy going class and because of that there is no need for it.

The same sorta split happened to myrmidon berserk. I've played a hybrid type spec where I take the regular berserk but spec into the DPS tree. I wonder if taking the regular ultimate warrior and then speccing into the DPS champion tree would work. 

Edited by blazzen

It is kind fo hard, the healing is low and without plate the survivability is much worse than expected. I have been playing the Alpha Warrior (dps) and you are pretty easy to target and kill. They have forced the classes to have 3 viabilities splitting the current classes instead of creating new ways to address the classes.

I feel they wanted to prevent everyone going tanky instead of giving real reasons to use other options.... Right now on fights I am being totally ignored on team figths because Champion isn't dangerous anymore. Taking into account that my experience with the game is short that is why I have created the post. I want to know if there are still champions feeling ok, or if by now champion players have moved to other classes.

Lol I hate when I read " class is most balance it has been" I read this from a lot of people, some of them used to play champion but moved to another class since 5.8 . I been playing champ for 2 months . not years like some .But my experience in killing mobs is slow,steady,grind , nothing fancy , nothing that will wow u. Just pure mix of self sustaining class. As for PvP , with a good healer he might can tank a bit, survive a little longer.  I'm not sure what the purpose of a champion really is yet , I am still exploring that lol

8 hours ago, BigJerk said:

.But my experience in killing mobs is slow,steady,grind , nothing fancy , nothing that will wow u. Just pure mix of self sustaining class

As the one who wrote the "class is most balance it has been" , thats your view of the class, for me all the abilities seem amazing, using the rend is just an adrenaline rush for me,and i would rather see it like this than op and people complaining or the 5.3 version where you were a bigger troubadour debuffer.

19 hours ago, pamintandrei said:

As the one who wrote the "class is most balance it has been" , thats your view of the class, for me all the abilities seem amazing, using the rend is just an adrenaline rush for me,and i would rather see it like this than op and people complaining or the 5.3 version where you were a bigger troubadour debuffer.

Lol don't take that personal , you aren't the only one to say that. I also think it's very balanced as a character. But if you start comparing to other classes it becomes unbalanced a bit vs some. That's what I'm more focused on . but apologies if you felt was personal. I just seen it and qouted it , In my opinion we need a snare , for speeders, little things maybe... I can't get to deep with my opinion because I don't have a greater understanding yet.

Granted I haven't had a ton of experience in 5.8. I think all the champ promotions have some pretty insane potential. You definitely need to get creative with builds and playstyles but I personally enjoy that. Especially DPS champ in the right group spec can solo people in a CC chain if they get the right setup. 

I really like that they spread out really insane healing and really insane damage into different trees. I think champ has a lot of potential for 5.8 in both group fights and small skirmishes.

As you see in this vid, the champ in 5.8 is in a realy bad shape. Completly in the need of a healer 24/7 and deals no dmg

/irony off

Balanced? I dont know. Tell me which class with whatever setup can 1on1 a pitfighter with 3 skills on his bar only. Ok prolly you cant name it. Ok, which 3 classes together are able to take down a pitfighter in a timely manner? Yeah...I guess so, its more common that that group get wiped if they dont bring a ton of sustain^^ The pitfighter is a sick joke. Iam trying hard to get that thing nerfed. I dont know how it was before 5.8, since i jumped into the game in 5.7 shortly before 5.8 came to the test. I played everything by now on almost every promotionclass and who ever says, that the pitfighter is balanced or not op or weak is doing something terrible wrong. 

Edited by Makuza

On 19.12.2018 at 7:06 PM, Ossis said:

Half Giant has a racial stun. I don't see myself using another champion class without it

so try out centaur with vessel (more stuff, more stats and free knockdown + interrupt) you will notice huge difference.

or even mino with his 50% damage reducing. ontop of frontal stun immunity and with healing spec and FX effects you can avoid alot of crash damage and such + free gap with knock to air

or slow like HG but with perfect flat dmg reduction self buff dwarf. half giant for champion imo is the worst race ever.

On 18.12.2018 at 12:42 PM, BigJerk said:

Lol I hate when I read " class is most balance it has been" I read this from a lot of people, some of them used to play champion but moved to another class since 5.8 . I been playing champ for 2 months . not years like some .But my experience in killing mobs is slow,steady,grind , nothing fancy , nothing that will wow u. Just pure mix of self sustaining class. As for PvP , with a good healer he might can tank a bit, survive a little longer.  I'm not sure what the purpose of a champion really is yet , I am still exploring that lol

but your experience in surviving as champion with some builds can be even more better than before 5.8. damage is still decent. or you want old 3k per hit?

before 5.8 champion was self healing tank with 100% crit chance. is it ok? not sure. I checked it on test server and...well..

500-900 dmg per LMB, crazy healing with right spec for solo and you can make almost pre 5.8 champ with dps spec with crits without huge healing.

damn, champion even can wear plate. while myrmidon can't

On 18.12.2018 at 10:42 AM, BigJerk said:

.But my experience in killing mobs is slow,steady,grind , nothing fancy , nothing that will wow u. Just pure mix of self sustaining class. As for PvP , with a good healer he might can tank a bit, survive a little longer.  I'm not sure what the purpose of a champion really is yet , I am still exploring that lol

On 25.12.2018 at 3:19 PM, makkon said:

but your experience in surviving as champion with some builds can be even more better than before 5.8. damage is still decent. or you want old 3k per hit?

before 5.8 champion was self healing tank with 100% crit chance. is it ok? not sure. I checked it on test server and...well..

500-900 dmg per LMB, crazy healing with right spec for solo and you can make almost pre 5.8 champ with dps spec with crits without huge healing.

damn, champion even can wear plate. while myrmidon can't

Slow grind... SLOW? What the hell. The pitfighter reaches almost all the important dmg caps if you do it right. My current vessel is running 900 AP, 40% Final Dmg mod, 20% slashing pen, 150% critdmg on 20% critchance (and iam not taking into account that mighty warrior still gives you 100% critchance for your skills, even with this tankspec) WHILE he rolls arround in plate with 10k HP unbuffed. He deals tons of dmg. LMB hit for over 1,7k critical on the last swing. That thing is completly out of control 

Personally in 5.8 when a champion can fight myself and 4 others plus the Fort Rank 6 archers and kill us all, is a problem. This isn't balanced at all. No one character/toon should be able to tank those arches plus 4 players and deal enough damage to win. In no way shape or form is this balanced. Those who say this is balanced obviously play the class and don't want it to be nerfed.

Just now, siunotaco said:

Personally in 5.8 when a champion can fight myself and 4 others plus the Fort Rank 6 archers and kill us all, is a problem. This isn't balanced at all. No one character/toon should be able to tank those arches plus 4 players and deal enough damage to win. In no way shape or form is this balanced. Those who say this is balanced obviously play the class and don't want it to be nerfed.

Did he use scarecrow? if he did all classes can do that and come kill 5 players

53 minutes ago, pamintandrei said:

Did he use scarecrow? if he did all classes can do that and come kill 5 players

I wouldn't say all classes can 1v5 but scarecrow is definitely effective against archers and imo shouldn't be.