Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
ACE_JackalBark

The March to First Campaign - Official Discussion Thread

You really should have communicated this out prior to announcing the servers coming down. There are going to be a lot of really disappointed people who expected 5.8 was today.

Now it sounds like we're about a month away from the first campaigns?

Once we feel good about how these unofficial Campaigns are performing, we’ll trigger our first “sanctioned” Campaigns. These will include guild and player spotlights, updates “from the front” and unique rewards… plus, of course, the bragging rights to say that you were part of the winning team on the first “real” Campaigns for Crowfall!

When you say "real" campaigns and unique rewards... we're still getting wipes before launch, right?

Guild Leader of Seeds of War

Erm, thanks for the explanation, I'spose. I gotta ask though...

To make these tests a good indicator that we’re ready to initiate an official campaign, they need to run the entire duration of the campaign in the pre-alpha LIVE environment with a higher population of players than what we typically see on TEST.

Is all we're expected to do is fight? In an "official campaign" I'd expect people to harvest and fight over resources in addition to territory, which is not going to be happening. 

Hi, I'm moneda.

s1tKI24.png

This test environment will not fly as a "real" campaign...   because all of the materials are free in vendor.
and the wipe.

There will be no harvesters nor small scale PvP
The major guilds have already made late game gear and fought over forts

If you free level and free mats there is no longer any motivation to test, nor would there be if the game is not for the long term.
Do not expect the same number of testers to play as the last few weeks

We are in a holding pattern until the actual LIve and long term campaigns
I am sorry, we want to help, but you will not likely see higher populations in Test anymore...   it is stale without harvesting but won't work for that without full length long term play.   Catch 22

Edited by Frykka

6FUI4Mk.jpg

Sugoi - Senpai

Just now, bariax said:

Does this mean that the 49.99 pack will be able to play in all of what's available currently?

Yes. Download the separate TEST patcher to log in.

IhhQKY6.gif

well to be fair, it had never really been officialy announced. yes many hints lead to the expectation i guess most of us had. but, in real the only thing that changed is the name of the server/client. there we go...

Just now, Jah said:

Yes. Download the separate TEST patcher to log in.

I thought they weren't using the test patcher. The Live patcher will connect to the test server, from what I understand. Things just got more complicated.

Edited by Svenn

1 minute ago, Svenn said:

I thought they weren't using the test patcher. The Live patcher will connect to the test server, from what I understand. Things just got more complicated.

Why do you think that?

IhhQKY6.gif

39 minutes ago, Frykka said:

If you free level and free mats there is no longer any motivation to test, nor would there be if the game is not for the long term.
Do not expect the same number of testers to play as the last few weeks

Good point. 

You guys can forget about getting more ppl to the test.

The whole article is disappointing tbh.

Why does a pre-alpha even need a "TEST-SERVER" ? Nobody expect the game to be fixed, balanced and working completly in this selfclaimed "pre-alpha" (even if I think you are hiding behind this declaration)

Now you want a working version on the testserver, before you start testing on the liveserver to get a real "first campaign" on? Maybe make a new serverinstance inbeween and call it LiveTest-Server?

Everybody has access to the Test-Server right now. Whats the point to keep it there, if everybody can play and not only a dedicated testgroup?!

Edited by Makuza

4 minutes ago, Jah said:

Why do you think that?

Because of...

The #crowfallgame LIVE and TEST servers will go offline tomorrow, Dec. 11, 2018, at 8 am CST. TEST will remain offline until further notice. LIVE will undergo maintenance, returning to service approximately 3 pm CST). Characters, Eternal Kingdoms & Spirit Banks will be wiped.

and

1. Redirect all players to the TEST environment.

They really need to clarify, because this communication is confusing.

Oh, and

To make these tests a good indicator that we’re ready to initiate an official campaign, they need to run the entire duration of the campaign in the pre-alpha LIVE environment with a higher population of players than what we typically see on TEST.

Edited by Svenn

Yeaaaaaaaaaa....

This tweet didn't do them any favors:

6vON2kO.png

Hopefully they wipe again and remove the vendors so we can test the game loop without all the free crap. 

Edited by ZYBAK

Just now, Svenn said:

Because of...

and

I am pretty sure that ACE have redirected us to TEST with that news. I don't think that statement means we'll use the LIVE launcher to get to TEST.

The campaign is up on TEST right now. You use the TEST launcher to get to it.

IhhQKY6.gif

Just now, Jah said:

I am pretty sure that ACE have redirected us to TEST with that news. I don't think that statement means we'll use the LIVE launcher to get to TEST.

The campaign is up on TEST right now. You use the TEST launcher to get to it.

i only used the live client/patcher and got redirected to test. [i rage quit deleted test for science]

caldera_forum_banner_wings.png

1 minute ago, Tinnis said:

i only used the live client/patcher and got redirected to test. [i rage quit deleted test for science]

Interesting. I still get "Cannot resolve destination host" if I use the LIVE launcher. But the TEST launcher works for me.

IhhQKY6.gif