Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
ACE_Jackal

The March to First Campaign - Official Discussion Thread

Run a few un-official, un-sanctioned LIVE campaigns from start to finish to see how they work. We will likely start with very short campaign durations (e.g. a few days) and we will increase them as we feel more comfortable with the point scoring mechanics.

This is what we want... LIVE campaigns, even if they are short.  The question then is will live get wiped before the  "sanctioned" campaigns or will passive training stay.  In other words will Live become initially less permanent...  remember that you added GRIND to the game, no matter how short and just for the sake of "new player experience", which is contrary to our kickstarter goal of passive leveling for the casual player.  To grind or not to grind is what drives motivation here.   Free materials=missing a huge chunk of the game loop and Wipes=testing environment.   

Edited by Frykka

1 minute ago, Jah said:

Interesting. I still get "Cannot resolve destination host" if I use the LIVE launcher. But the TEST launcher works for me.

only worked via the direct CrowfallClient.exe bypass in /downloads ;p

Edited by Tinnis

Just now, Svenn said:

So to sum up... TEST is offline indefinitely, but everyone is being redirected to TEST, so they can get the data they need from the Live environment... 

TEST was offline indefinitely. Then it came back up after an unspecified period of time. We are now being redirected to it.

34 minutes ago, Tezza said:

where do you get the test launcher?

At the bottom of the home page where you have Green Box for "Download The Client", it takes you to a page that shows "Early Access Live Environment" and "Test Environment". Download from Test Environment.

The biggest disappointment of today was that there was still vendors with all the free crap.

We really thought 5.8 would hit live, with that weird first message.

We had 20+ people ready at the time, just to be redirected into the test client..

Please announce days in advance when 5.8 is going live, and please fix your external communication, it's exactly this kind of crap that kills hype.

16 minutes ago, Yumx said:

The biggest disappointment of today was that there was still vendors with all the free crap.

We had 20+ people ready at the time, just to be redirected into the test client..

Please announce days in advance when 5.8 is going live, and please fix your external communication, it's exactly this kind of crap that kills hype.

^^

I've been testing the combat balance of 5.8 for a bit now, not really interested to do more unless there's some changes and shifts that necessitate doing so.
The free materials completely dilutes the purpose of having resources in a campaign.
Most people won't test actual progression of vessel levelling or farming/harvesting resources, even competing over those resources, when there is no need to.

Just make sure to give us a few days warning, preferably through email, before live is back!

I'm not overly interested in playing on test but I am looking forward to see how things have evolved since I last spent time on live. 

I agree with what everyone is saying.  I am looking forward to playing from scratch.  This will be my first time.  But this is Pre-alpha so everyone should know what we were getting into.  

I feel like I am reading this announcement differently from most people on this forum. 

I read that they are taking down 5.7 LIVE while they prepare 5.8 LIVE. In the meantime people can continue to use TEST environment. 

Then, my guess is that 5.8 LIVE will go live soon, along with a wipe - and then they will do several campaigns in 5.8 LIVE before they declare the "First Campaign".

Edited by ilogos
Edit

1 hour ago, ilogos said:

I feel like I am reading this announcement differently from most people on this forum. 

I read that they are taking down 5.7 LIVE while they prepare 5.8 LIVE. In the meantime people can continue to use TEST environment. 

Then, my guess is that 5.8 LIVE will go live soon, along with a wipe - and then they will do several campaigns in 5.8 LIVE before they declare the "First Campaign".

Well, Live is already wiped and patched to 5.8 AND was it hours before they pulled out with that article. So NO. This isnt just a short "Live shuts down to install win98 and 5.8 and comes up again". I honestly dont expect 5.8 to get "live" before christmas. "We have a LOT!!! stuff coming in the next MONTH" <- This opens the door for pretty much everything until end of january ;)

Edited by Makuza
spelling

On 12/12/2018 at 12:32 AM, Yumx said:

@repost.

Give notice well in advance.