Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
rajah

Which Archetype Do You Currently Like The Most ?

Favorite archetype  

652 members have voted

1. 1. What is your favorite archetype ?

but seems druids are equally brainless LOL

i guess most of strategic play are more likely relies on stalker/ranger/legionnaire

since stalker/ranger are scouts if they have stealth-like skill while legionnaire can provide a quick wipe(or blitzkrieg)

And i really doubt that caster-type could ever survive in wild alone

How are Druids brainless? :mellow:

In 90% of games Druids have the deepest understanding of nature, that's a lot of knowledge. <_<

If anything, there could be the argument that any class with stealth is brainless because as soon as your in trouble you just click one button. -_-

And I would hope caster can survive solo if they build so. From what we have thus far it seems there will only be soft-counters.  :rolleyes:

Community Moderator - http://killonsight.info/

The Dark Forest beckons...

How are Druids brainless? :mellow:

In 90% of games Druids have the deepest understanding of nature, that's a lot of knowledge. <_<

If anything, there could be the argument that any class with stealth is brainless because as soon as your in trouble you just click one button. -_-

And I would hope caster can survive solo if they build so. From what we have thus far it seems there will only be soft-counters.  :rolleyes:

LOL

druids of course have the deepest understanding of nature, i was talking the player not the lore of it

getting into stealth to avoid fight doesn't show your clever side, but getting into stealth and scout your enemies does.

And I am pretty sure the stealth must have a huge draw-back if it can be applied during fight. so it isn't "just click one button"

what you were talking is only focus on 1v1

when i was talking caster cannot survive in wild doesn't mean it will be killed by mob, what i actually mean is the threat from players since the looting system in this game.

I can 90%+ surely say that, caster cannot survive the wild alone since what you will experience is ganked by a group of people.

i believe they will most likely to be lead by a stalker and followed by a group of legionnaires. I don't think caster is capable to 1v5 nor out run a group of horses.

of course you can imagine yourself is unbeatable and capable to 1v5 while you some of your skill is in CD since you are levelling in wild alone, but then it will be too unbalanced.

We have no info on what skills each class will be getting, so its anyone's guess.

Also who don't you understand about English?  :blink:

"We don't even know if you start as a caster-FW if you go it."

This bit, maybe just because my english isn't very good

There is some fact and guess might support my thought

1) since there is humanoid creature and centaurs -> movement speed difference is highly possible.

2) introduce stalker even when they have ranger -> tracking ability is definitely play a big role in this game.

3) hardcore pvp environment, high rate looting -> hunting team might do roaming (mainly includes 1 stalker and couple of legionnaires i guess?).

according 1,2&3, i think it is unlikely a caster could survive this kind of gameplay environment, especially caster doesn't looks like a good runner nor the developer will make it become too strong to 1v5 face to face.

Mostly interested in Frostweaver so far. I usually play Mages or similar types in RPGs anyway, so it's not that surprising, I guess. But maybe after actually playing them, I'll change my mind, we'll see. :)

I am most interested in the Tank/Control classes, I chose Knight in the pole. But we'll see. There is not really much information on anything. I am also looking at the Templar and Forgemaster. Considering I backed at the Amber level, I will be able to have 3 training at all times.

So much hinges on how well the game is balanced. In 90% of PvP games, ranged classes always seem incredibly overpowered, while melee is stuck sitting in the back, waiting, as if you rush in to do anything, you are just going to get focused down in 2 seconds. And with no dedicated healing in the game? Yea, it is going to be interesting to see how they are going to balance things.

Vidrak - Member of

mael4.jpg

Lot of assumtions , but its all we got...

Leaning Stalker right now, only because it says straight up ranged DPS, but so many others dont tell enough...I like the Duelist, Ranger and Confessor as well with only seeing a picture and hoping they are what they appear to be....

LOL

1) druids of course have the deepest understanding of nature, i was talking the player not the lore of it

2) getting into stealth to avoid fight doesn't show your clever side, but getting into stealth and scout your enemies does.

3) And I am pretty sure the stealth must have a huge draw-back if it can be applied during fight. so it isn't "just click one button"

4) what you were talking is only focus on 1v1

5) when i was talking caster cannot survive in wild doesn't mean it will be killed by mob, what i actually mean is the threat from players since the looting system in this game.

6) I can 90%+ surely say that, caster cannot survive the wild alone since what you will experience is ganked by a group of people.

7) i believe they will most likely to be lead by a stalker and followed by a group of legionnaires. I don't think caster is capable to 1v5 nor out run a group of horses.

8) of course you can imagine yourself is unbeatable and capable to 1v5 while you some of your skill is in CD since you are levelling in wild alone, but then it will be too unbalanced.

1) What does the player have to do with my comment on champions not having any brains....  <_<

2) Even then the argument can still be made that its still simple simple. Even if you cant use it in combat, it might be instant out of combat so you just happen to glance over and see incoming players and click 1 button.

3) Yes, they have  already stated there will be checks and balances. This is nothing new.  :rolleyes:

4) Nope, 1v1 might be one case that I use, but that's not my main focus when I talk about pvp.

5) I wasn't talking about PVE... I was talking about PVP. Even with that threat, a caster should be able to travel solo if they chose. As previously stated, that doesn't mean you going to be able to beat everyone or thing though.  -_-

6) With that point, that would be anyone who doesn't have stealth. Not just casters... <_<

7) The groups will be made of whatever. As for casters running we don't know, druid might have a teleport or something. To act like caster are just going to be sheep is a fallacy. When it comes to your example anyone who's not a centaur who be killed not just a caster.. :rolleyes:

8) No ones "imagining" anything. Also, I want balance as well, however, casters being sheep to everything else is not balance.  B)

"We don't even know if you start as a caster-FW if you go it."

This bit, maybe just because my english isn't very good

There is some fact and guess might support my thought

1) since there is humanoid creature and centaurs -> movement speed difference is highly possible.

2) introduce stalker even when they have ranger -> tracking ability is definitely play a big role in this game.

3) hardcore pvp environment, high rate looting -> hunting team might do roaming (mainly includes 1 stalker and couple of legionnaires i guess?).

according 1,2&3, i think it is unlikely a caster could survive this kind of gameplay environment, especially caster doesn't looks like a good runner nor the developer will make it become too strong to 1v5 face to face.

I was saying "We  don't even know if you start as a caster Frostweaver if you go it".

I don't see the point of your statements? All of that is deadly to anyone... not just casters. We also do know what caster have at their disposal.

From what we know so far, casters might even be able to pick up the Bounty Hunter disciple giving us (counter-)tracking as well.

I was saying "We  don't even know if you start as a caster Frostweaver if you go it".

I don't see the point of your statements? All of that is deadly to anyone... not just casters. We also do know what caster have at their disposal.

From what we know so far, casters might even be able to pick up the Bounty Hunter disciple giving us (counter-)tracking as well.

yup, pretty much equally deadly to everyone who have no stealth or running not fast enough

all my point is, legionnaire and stealth-type archetypes have much higher chance to survive in wild alone.

and I guess the meaning of balance from them which doesn't seems "balance of random-encounter type pvp"

which means assassin, knight, caster might have different survival chance when they are ganked in wild alone.

Yet, they are still balanced overall, since caster are more likely to be a boss in group vs group due to its range and control skill

well, you maybe right about the caster stuff if there isn't a former developer from shadowbane lol

tbh, my favourite archetype is confessor actually. (or champion?)

but i don't want to experience triple back-stab again, ever

So far it looks like people tend to pick newer archetypes and monster races, and generally dislike the assasin.

I really like the way the assassin looks but I always play either support or mages so that class is just not my style. The race is very cool, however.

Edited by leiloni

yup, pretty much equally deadly to everyone who have no stealth or running not fast enough

all my point is, legionnaire and stealth-type archetypes have much higher chance to survive in wild alone.

and I guess the meaning of balance from them which doesn't seems "balance of random-encounter type pvp"

which means assassin, knight, caster might have different survival chance when they are ganked in wild alone.

Yet, they are still balanced overall, since caster are more likely to be a boss in group vs group due to its range and control skill

well, you maybe right about the caster stuff if there isn't a former developer from shadowbane lol

tbh, my favourite archetype is confessor actually. (or champion?)

but i don't want to experience triple back-stab again, ever

My point was a counter point to your statements that casters cant (and shouldn't) go solo, which isn't the case whatsoever.

My point was a counter point to your statements that casters cant (and shouldn't) go solo, which isn't the case whatsoever.

i don't see the point of your statement.

If the rogue-type classes dont have advantage in terms of ganking and running, then the game is unbalanced.

unless they make rogue-type classes can deal equally amount of AOE range damage as casters. otherwise, any rogue type will be so fail.

in that case, no one will play assassin. why have to suffer in melee range and you are not even good at ganking and running?