Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
ACE_FancyHats

5.8 Snap Test Feedback and Bug Reports for 12/13/18

You can download the TEST and LIVE patch client from https://crowfall.com/en/client/ 

5.8 Patch Notes and Known Issues

After your playtest session, please share your feedback here and tell us about any bugs or anomalies you encountered.

If you encounter disconnection problems, showstopper bugs or any other issues preventing you from entering or playing the game, please send an email as well as your client logs* to Support@Crowfall.com. 

*Client logs can be found under your game directory in the "Download" folder. Your client log should look something like this: CrowfallClient_26452_[Computer Name].log

Well, the nerf to Swordsman knights went too far.  From +125% to +50% - really?  You couldn't have tried +100% or +90% or even +75%?  It's still stronger than the other knight promotions (because they're terrible), but it's not on par with the other melee dps classes.   Maybe try buffing Secutor and Sentinel, hmm?  And swing the pendulum back a little the other way on the swordsmanship buff.

Also, the ONLY power that triggers the swordsmanship buff now is the first power in the Onslaught combo.  I am unable to activate the buff using ANY other power, be it from the base knight kit or a discipline (weapon discipline or major - tried both).  This is a huge nerf to the uptime of the buff, on top the huge nerf to the effectiveness of the buff.   

It says "any non-basic non-shield melee attack"  - you do realize that almost all of the knight attack powers use the shield, not the sword, right?

Shield powers: Pursuit, shield slam, shield bash, shield swipe, shockwave.

Non-shield powers: chain pull (ranged), onslaught, noble blood (shout).

Discipline powers do not activate swordsmanship.  chain pull and noble blood don't activate swordsmanship.  Only onslaught activates it.  *One* power.

Edited by Durenthal

Ok. First of all your Patchnotes link is redirecting to yesterdays patchnotes ;)

Second:

Ranger:

• Altering some of the Ranger Talent Placements to make Brigand more of the stealthy trap promotion, and the Warden to be more of the melee brawler.
  • (Talent) Aero Spin / Faerie Bomb: Swapped locations.
  • (Talent) Cross Slash / Explosive Trap: Swapped locations.
  • (Talent) Shrapnel: Moved to Brigand tree.
  • Silencing Blades: Dagger Spin will stack Silencing Blades on targets, when stacks hit 3 targets are suppressed.
  • Dagger Spin: Now scales damage based on attack power and melee damage.

I see what you did there. You gave Warden an active aoe-dmgbuff BUT you took away his substain. Faerie Bomb was mandatory for his role in closecombat, because there is nothing else beside from his ultimate, which keeps him alive. If you take the Warden into the field with other meeles like the Champion and Myrm, there is no way to see them on the same level. This change seems to be rushed hardly tbh. Also, glad to see daggerspin scales with attack power.. sad that the warden is probably one of the worst dmgclases of all if it comes to this point. While other clases can push way up to reach the cap of 1k, the warden will stick to something like 300-400 at MAX. 

Edited by Makuza

• Some powers are playing double sfx/vfx.  Flintlock shot, energetic harvest, sometimes footsteps.
  • Almost always spawn dead halfway underground in the EK's in this patch.
  • Changing EK parcels can cause players to stick in "Loading Zone...", have to kill client.
  • Can open map while in the skills screen.  The map doesn't open, but the Ui elements do.
  • After the last server down and patch, I and a lot of other folks lost all inventory and equipped gear on EK toons. Edit: Possibly related to the spawn-underground-dead bug above.
  • Lumbermill POI has a cat spawner on the roof.  
Edited by Hyriol

4 minutes ago, srathor said:

Still some issues with Druid balls. At least in an EK. Will do some other testing. But they still go through  most everything. 

Druid orbs will correctly hit the floor in forts (for realz this time).

For realz bro!

It is an ek and they do have some strange effects and rules. Will test on the campaign later.

The Tables are shy and problematic, they slot in the way they want, not the way you want. My Forge must have been bad and self punished itself by facing into the wall. 

unknown.png

Edited by srathor

I spawned into EK and entered as a dead body. When I respawned I lost all my inventory and equipped items. It's happened on 2 characters. 

Templar damage seems to have been further reduced. Either that or mobs got a substantial boost to Armor.
Doing about 75-80% of the damage as last patch.
Devotion (and some other skills from various classes/disciplines) is STILL bugging out and replaying the Animation over and over again, regardless of what skills you're actually doing.

Lost all equipped items and inventory when logging a character into an EK and into the Campaign.
Neither character had ever been connected to a Campaign War before.
This happened on a Half Giant Cleric with Mail/Hammer/Shield and Knight with Plate/Sword/Shield

Edited by Scorn
Lost Stuff

harvesting basic nodes still takes 4 swings, as one of them swings in the air

using natures grace keeps casting it while using LMB and makes the sound

force of nature has no icon

Edited by bamlaan

My vote for worst bug still present in 5.8 is how often powers are failing.  Here's a bunch strung together.

1. First few are harvesting - the second swing almost always fails.  Also, energetic harvest (Q) will play the animation, but will not consume pips or grant the effects.  Sometimes two or three presses are required before the game accepts it.
  2. Next are a bunch of Duelist Pepperbox Shot failing to connect.  This looks like a problem with the DM that we've seen before.  It will sometimes miss the closest target, but hit the ones in back.  Pips are consumed, but no damage is done as if the attack missed entirely.
  3. The rest are combat powers failing against npc's and players.  These seem to be caused by desync with the server, like the energetic harvest above.  The animation plays and the cooldown begins, but the pips aren't consumed and no damage is done.  Almost all powers are affected in the video: basic attack, Impale, Inconceivable!, Pepperbox Shot, Redirect Pain.

I haven't seen many reports at all of powers failing, so I'm not sure how widespread it is.

41 minutes ago, Hyriol said:

My vote for worst bug still present in 5.8 is how often powers are failing.  Here's a bunch strung together.

1. First few are harvesting - the second swing almost always fails.  Also, energetic harvest (Q) will play the animation, but will not consume pips or grant the effects.  Sometimes two or three presses are required before the game accepts it.
  2. Next are a bunch of Duelist Pepperbox Shot failing to connect.  This looks like a problem with the DM that we've seen before.  It will sometimes miss the closest target, but hit the ones in back.  Pips are consumed, but no damage is done as if the attack missed entirely.
  3. The rest are combat powers failing against npc's and players.  These seem to be caused by desync with the server, like the energetic harvest above.  The animation plays and the cooldown begins, but the pips aren't consumed and no damage is done.  Almost all powers are affected in the video: basic attack, Impale, Inconceivable!, Pepperbox Shot, Redirect Pain.

I haven't seen many reports at all of powers failing, so I'm not sure how widespread it is.

Templar Divine Light sometimes fails to cast though it does go on Cooldown there is no effect in terms of ground circle or damage.

Logged into an EK this afternoon and all equipped gear was lost except disciplines, once logged in loaded in and was dead.

Templar Devotion is still animating over and over again even though the skill only applies once. This makes parrying extremely difficult.

Templar Divine Light is going on cool down even though the skill was not triggered. 

Templar Holy Warrior received a substantial reduction of how long it lasts. This was way too far and should be re-adjusted closer to where it was before. If this was a result of the Paladin line its should be changed via that line while leaving the other talent lines viable as it does not come up as often.

Templar Divine Light damage needs to go back to where it was before, we are seeing really low numbers even with good quality crafted gear and vessels. 

9 minutes ago, PaleOne said:

Caltrops from Agent Provacateur is still broken.

you can ground  target it and then it s effect happens as a pbaoe instead of where you targeted it

Its actually working on the postion you aimed for, same for the flares. The only thing out of postion is the animation itself